WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Spam Friendly Sections > The GSD - General Spam Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 08-29-2017, 10:27 AM
K. O. T. R. 2007 Ė Team Undisputed
Mr. Money in the Bank

King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Default forums.wrestlezone.com says:

Quote:
Originally Posted by forums.wrestlezone.com says:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ____ again.
Is there a way to change this, so that I donít have to spread some around before giving it to the same person again?? I know itís not that big of a deal, but there are some posts Iíd like to give rep to that I canít just because I just gave them some. Why the limit??

I don't care if you know!! I don't care if you care!!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 10:38 AM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

As much as I know, this was to limit repping your favorite too often. I do remember some people repping each other again and again just for nothing to get higher rep power. So, maybe that's the reason.

I don't think that it's gonna change anytime soon.
Old 08-29-2017, 10:52 AM
Excellence of Execution
Undisputed WWE Champion

Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Patrick Star View Post
Is there a way to change this, so that I donít have to spread some around before giving it to the same person again?? I know itís not that big of a deal, but there are some posts Iíd like to give rep to that I canít just because I just gave them some. Why the limit??
There is a way to change this and my initial reaction to changing it was "absolutely not".

However, the more I thought about it, the more I believe I should continue to think about it. Let me (and KB, I guess... ) deliberate on it for a little bit. If I don't get back to you/this thread, feel free to shoot me a PM in a week, as I'd probably have forgotten about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinChan View Post
As much as I know, this was to limit repping your favorite too often. I do remember some people repping each other again and again just for nothing to get higher rep power. So, maybe that's the reason.

I don't think that it's gonna change anytime soon.
You don't remember that, or you are admitting to having an alternate account, as the current limit on reps has not changed since before I was made an administrator in 2009.
Old 08-29-2017, 10:59 AM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
You don't remember that, or you are admitting to having an alternate account, as the current limit on reps has not changed since before I was made an administrator in 2009.
I actually posted in complete. I remember "reading" about that. So, I apologize.

Nowhere near an alternate account. I was nowhere near Internet in 2009. Heck, nowhere near computer or mobile.
Old 08-29-2017, 11:02 AM
K. O. T. R. 2007 Ė Team Undisputed
Mr. Money in the Bank

King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I understand the reason behind it, but there are just some people on here that I feel like I owe rep to for their good posts. What exactly is rep power anyway?? What is it used (or in this case abused) for?? It's not that big of a deal to me, but it would be nice to remove the limit.

I don't care if you know!! I don't care if you care!!
Old 08-29-2017, 11:26 AM
Unregistered User
Mr. Money in the Bank

JGlass is a United States Champion...JGlass is a United States Champion...JGlass is a United States Champion...JGlass is a United States Champion...JGlass is a United States Champion...JGlass is a United States Champion...JGlass is a United States Champion...JGlass is a United States Champion...JGlass is a United States Champion...JGlass is a United States Champion...JGlass is a United States Champion...

Quote:
I understand the reason behind it, but there are just some people on here that I feel like I owe rep to for their good posts. What exactly is rep power anyway?? What is it used (or in this case abused) for?? It's not that big of a deal to me, but it would be nice to remove the limit.
Rep power is how many reputation posts your individual rep is worth, and the more rep/posts you have, the more rep power you have. I remember it used to be displayed right by your rep bar. I think the highest you could have was 50, and I think only admins and maybe XFear had that.

I think the way it worked as you would get 1 rep point for every 1000 rep points you received as well as every 750 posts you made. Because rep power was a visible stat, this led to people trying to farm rep power by doing rep for rep or by just posting their asses off even if they had nothing to contribute.

Rep power is hidden now. I don't know if the formula is the same, and if it is you can still calculate your own rep power, but you can't compare it to anyone else's because there's no way of knowing what anyone's rep points are without them posting it publicly (which people used to do anyway).

And that is my knowledge of the way the rep system works on WrestleZone Forums. I really wish I knew how to speak even 5 sentences in a foreign language instead, but I guess this is how my brain works.
Old 08-29-2017, 12:41 PM
Let me show ya somethin!!!
Million Dollar Champion

Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...

It also led to kb's post for rep thread that died out years ago.
Old 08-30-2017, 01:52 PM
Excellence of Execution
Undisputed WWE Champion

Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...

Quote:
KB and I talked and we agreed, given some of the changes on the forum over the years (namely the fact people have come to see reputation merely as a way to reward posts, not as a status symbol), that we should alter the limit.

Previously, you would have to spread rep around to 10 posters because you could rep someone again. It has now been lowered to five. Five allows people to reward quality posters when it is deserved, while also helping prevent spam repping by any individual member.

Good suggestion.
Old 08-30-2017, 02:22 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Would you not say that reputation is used both to reward posts an as a status symbol?

Say when Dagger gives it for been in the LD I assume it's a thank you for the web traffic but when I get rep off Envious it's because he likes my post.

I'll admit a draw to these forums for me was to get a full green rep bar. I'm more likely to read the posts by people with full rep. If someone has low rep but a sig I'll read it. I guess the visual kindness (full rep, dig etc? play a big part in who I read.
Old 08-30-2017, 02:49 PM
Excellence of Execution
Undisputed WWE Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Cold Tea View Post
Would you not say that reputation is used both to reward posts an as a status symbol?
Not in the way it used to be. Posters would actively rep whore so they could get the next little green bar. There were competitions to see who had the highest reputation and the most rep power.

For example, there was one poster (and I don't even remember who now) who was very e-upset about the fact that I changed the rep power of the Administrator to be greater than his rep power. You see, for regular posters, your rep power is dependent upon your reputation number, but Administrators have a set amount of rep power. And there was at least one (maybe more, I don't know) who didn't like when I changed the setting. But, as I've alluded to, I hated that rep was considered so important for rep's sake, rather than for simply recognizing a quality (or terrible) post so I worked to take the power out of having rep bars.

Long ago I worked to nerf a lot of the drama people had with rep bars. It's nothing like it used to be. And it's much better now.