WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 08-28-2017, 05:24 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...
Default WWE is giving away Wrestlemania worthy matches

As of today, WWE has announced that Braun Strowman vs Lesnar and Roman Vs Cena are being scheduled for No Mercy. Now these are both WRESTLEMANIA quality matches that are being given away on B LVL shows. Now this isn't the first time that this sort of thing happened. Just this summer WWE gave away John Cena vs Nakamura for free on WWE tv. WWE is also giving away Samoa Joe vs John Cena for free tonight on raw.

I understand the point of giving away these matches on Raw and Smackdown being that they will help boost the ratings but even if it boost the ratings this week by next week the ratings will go back down to normal. I also understand when people say well if you add these matches to B LVL shows then it makes those B LVL shows bigger deals and it stops people from complaining about boring wwe matches.

I understand all that but what I do not understand is that if WWE gives away these matches on for Free on Raw and Smackdown and at B LVL shows then what do you do at WRESTLEMANIA and the other big 4 PPV. How do you make these events special and how do you differentiate them to the other B LVL shows if you put all your Mania worthy matches on the B LVL shows which forces your WRESTLEMANIA Card to look like it is a B LVL show
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 06:53 PM
WZCW's Living Legend
X-Division Champion

Steamboat Ricky is a Television Champion...Steamboat Ricky is a Television Champion...Steamboat Ricky is a Television Champion...Steamboat Ricky is a Television Champion...Steamboat Ricky is a Television Champion...Steamboat Ricky is a Television Champion...Steamboat Ricky is a Television Champion...Steamboat Ricky is a Television Champion...Steamboat Ricky is a Television Champion...Steamboat Ricky is a Television Champion...Steamboat Ricky is a Television Champion...

You aren't GIVING AWAY matches by having them on B ppvs. The business model of WWE is different than it was 10 years ago, as the goal with the Network has to be in sustaining subscribers during the "B ppv" stretches of the year.

That being said, having WWE trying to bolster their fall plans is actually quite refreshing as opposed to simply conceding viewership to all things NFL.
Old 08-28-2017, 07:06 PM
Knockout Champion

LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I'll never complain because a card is too GOOD. This reminds me of Battleground last year and people complained because the Shield triple threat wasn't being saved for Mania. How about we just enjoy the fact that we're getting matches that are actually worth tuning in for? Also, let's not take for granted that all of these guys will be available for Mania. Injuries can and do happen all the time. I have no problem whatsoever with them putting together the best card possible for each and every show and striking while the iron is hot.
Old 08-28-2017, 07:20 PM
Knockout Champion

RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I understand your sentiment because I used to feel the same.

But I have to agree with LOD. We need to start embracing the present moment and the matches, even if they happen on TV or B PPVs.

After all, someone or the other could always be injured and they won't have that said dream match at Wrestlemania then.

I do not know for sure if it's going to detract from Wrestlemania, but it certainly makes No Mercy much more scintillating.

Remember the time around 2002-mid 2003 when the WWE had so many wrestlers and stars? Even a Backlash or Judgement Day from back then looks better than certain Wrestlemanias.

It's because of matches like Goldberg vs Rock or Hogan vs HHH.
Old 08-28-2017, 07:57 PM
Welcome to the Warzone.

Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Hey, i'm not complaining. As long as we get to see the matches, i'm happy.

At least it isn't like WCW where they consistently spammed PPV headliners for their Nitro tv shows.

#TheNuclearWinterWillBeUnleashed

Cat of Controversy, Writer of Wrestling
Creator of War Zone
Old 08-28-2017, 08:43 PM
The Next One

kenvin100 is looking to come up from OCW...

I think the main point now a days is the network makes every PPV feel the same. Sure you have your big 4 and WM as the biggest event but it appears WWE is trying make every PPV feel special. I'm all for it to be honest as it keeps the ball rolling, and should challenge creative to some up with top heavy lineups in the big PPVs.

Keep in mind however the finish to these "WM worthy matches" may not be expected or preferred. So let's see what creative will do come Sept 24...
Old 08-28-2017, 08:52 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

Christ, what exactly is there to complain about? Everything can't happen at WrestleMania, everything doesn't need to happen at WrestleMania, the end all and be all of professional wrestling, or WWE in and of itself, doesn't have to be about WrestleMania. As long as we get entertaining matches, I don't give the fuzzy crack of a rat's ass if it's on a B ppv, television or one of the big four just as long as we get 'em.

C'mon, complain about something that's actually worth complaining about because getting good matches on a frequent basis shouldn't be something to criticize.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 08-28-2017, 11:11 PM
DON'T HINDER JINDER
WWE Women's Champion

shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...
Send a message via ICQ to shafe_41

Everyone's pretty much already covered it. How are they giving them away when you have to subscribe to the network for the $9.99 to see it? It's the same $9.99 that gets everybody Wrestlemania. Business is different than it was 10 years ago. They aren't "giving away" literally anything. If anything, they're giving you a better reason to have the WWE Network because they're putting on good shows throughout the year and not just focusing on making things happen at Mania.
Old 08-29-2017, 12:08 AM

Kyphael is looking to come up from OCW...Kyphael is looking to come up from OCW...Kyphael is looking to come up from OCW...Kyphael is looking to come up from OCW...Kyphael is looking to come up from OCW...

How many times did Stone Cold and Shawn Michaels face off in singles matches on TV and B PPV's before their Wrestllamnia 14 bout?

How many times did Austin and The Rock square off in singles matches on TV and B PPV's, and the mid-card for the Intercontinental Championship before they went at it at Wrestlemania 15, 17, and 19? More than I remember.

You strike when the iron is hot every time, and you strike gold. If Cena/Reigns is still hot around Wrestlemania next year, you can do it there and bigger than ever, if not, they don't deserve it.

A published author is an amateur who didn't quit.
Old 08-29-2017, 02:19 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...

I'm surprised that there going with Cena vs Reigns at a "B show" ppv especially when you already have a huge main event with Strauman vs Lesnar. These are no doubt big money matches that are fresh and could've been done on a bigger stage.
But at the same time I'm glad they are putting some effort into there programming in the fall months rather than just filler until Survivor Series and Royal Rumble. The "B show" ppv's need some big money matches every now and then or else why is anybody going to care to watch it? You also have a lot more competition this time of year with Football coming back and a lot of popular shows airing new episodes for the new season. It's the right decision and I'm now even more looking forward to No Mercy.