WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 08-22-2017, 11:41 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default It's Official - Enzo Amore Joins The Cruiserweight Division

We've all read various stories regarding intense levels of backstage heat on Enzo Amore over the past several weeks; some of those stories suggest that Enzo was either headed to 205 Live or back to NXT. Following Neville's successful defense of the title against Tozawa on tonight's episode of 205 Live, Enzo Amore made a surprise appearance and basically called Neville out.

I don't know if Enzo has been send to 205 Live to be buried or as part of injecting some attention into the Cruiserweight Division as a whole. Either one is a definite possibility but I hope that it's the latter as Enzo's gift of gab has too much potential to breathe some fresh life into the Cruiserweight Division. Enzo isn't that great in the ring but he's a highly charismatic presence who can deliver on the mic. If he can get and keep fans interested in him, then it'll be a nice boon for the division as Vince McMahon and Kevin Dunn are holding steadfast to their vision of the division.

I know this might be venturing into conspiracy theory territory, but I suppose another possibility is that this could be a way for Vince to justify getting rid of Enzo. Reportedly, the thing that's been saving Enzo is that his segments have drawn well and that he moves a lot of merchandise. Some view 205 Live as sort of the new WWECW and if Enzo being featured as a key player isn't able to get the division over to another level of interest, with Vince keeping the current formula, then Vince could justify it to anyone, at least in his own mind, for showing Enzo the door by spinning the whole thing as a means of giving Enzo an opportunity. I don't think it's too likely of a scenario a Vince doesn't need justification really to get rid of anyone if he wants them gone, but, as I said, I suppose it's possible.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 11:44 PM
Clog Dancing on the Cobblestones

klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...

Thank goodness.

There was no reason to keep him on Raw any longer now that Cass was gone. He wouldn't be a physical threat to almost anyone on Raw and it would be a waste of time to see him out there getting squashed every week. Put him with people his own size where his personality can shine in a land that basically doesn't have any personalities of their own. This is entirely the right move and hopefully is a better fit for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker
Yes
Quote:
I am
Quote:
in fact
Quote:
better than you.
Old 08-23-2017, 12:18 AM
Da Best Sports Entertainer Ever
WWF Hardcore Champion

BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...

Uh okay. I don't really care for 205 Live, and I still don't.

Enzo is good on the mic. Not all of his promos are great, such as the one from SummerSlam, but he's still one of the better mic workers in WWE.

However let's face it - he'll never be more than a mid-carder/glorified jobber. He needs a lot of work in the ring, and he'll never be taken seriously due to his look and size.

This is probably the best move. The division needs personality, and Enzo brings it. I'm still not interested though, and the division should be scrapped.
Old 08-23-2017, 01:33 AM
Bald Billy was Better
WWE Diva's Champion

Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...

Imagine how much shit everyone will have to put up with if he pops 205 Live? What if this is his big test, and he PASSES?
Old 08-23-2017, 01:40 AM
Natural 20 G-Mod

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

This almost made me want to watch 205 Live. The key word there being almost. Neville and the others still show up on Raw, so it's not like we won't still see Enzo appear on the red brand. So I'll continue to not watch 205 Live. Time will tell if Enzo going to the Cruiserweights ends up being for the best or not, though I predict it will be. Enzo was going to get lost in the shuffle on Raw's midcard without the tag team he had with Cass. I could see him becoming Cruiserweight Champion soon. What else were they going to do with him? Team him up with The Big Show? Yeah no thanks. It was funny that one time, but in the long run the fans would likely have lost interest.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.
Old 08-23-2017, 05:48 AM
ROH Pure Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

They finally did something smart for the cruiserweight, I would have loved to see kalisto get moved down to 205 live but enzo will do for know plus what can you really do with enzo on raw now that cass injured? Outside of managing somebody they're nothing you can do really so might as well use him to give star power to the division which Is in great need of some star power at this point.
Old 08-23-2017, 11:40 AM
Knockout Champion

RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Just a question a little off-topic, isn't it hypocritical if you guys think Enzo has no "size" or "look" and belongs to the cruiserweight division, but don't mind Finn Balor, a guy even smaller than Enzo, on the main roster?

Just to be clear, I hate neither Enzo nor Balor, I'm indifferent to both, and the only difference between them is that the latter is smaller but a much better in-ring performer.

I'm also not the sort of person whom you'd stereotype to be someone who likes "big sweaty men" or something, because I liked Kurt Angle and Bret Hart just as much as Sting and Taker.

I'm just curious. If you guys think Enzo has nothing to offer on the main roster, does Balor have, despite the fact that he can perform?

Can he be taken seriously? ; considering his size, that he comes across as cold and boring, isn't CM Punk on the mic; and the face paint and demon king persona doesn't lend him any more legitimacy than Bray Wyatt being fat and mediocre and going about proclaiming himself to be the "eater of worlds," which is basically just being a sort of a Conqueror, only Taker actually conquered, and Brock Lesnar actually conquered.

Another fact to consider is that Balor isn't the best wrestler in the world and not a technical wizard like Daniel Bryan, Cesaro or Chris Benoit. He does a lot of those kicks and high-risk moves, something Juvented Guerrera and Rey Mysterio made a living out of, back in 1996.

Seems to me, Balor at his size is a far better fit for the CW division, than Enzo Amore.
Old 08-23-2017, 11:57 AM
ROH Pure Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanfreakinReigns View Post
Just a question a little off-topic, isn't it hypocritical if you guys think Enzo has no "size" or "look" and belongs to the cruiserweight division, but don't mind Finn Balor, a guy even smaller than Enzo, on the main roster?

Just to be clear, I hate neither Enzo nor Balor, I'm indifferent to both, and the only difference between them is that the latter is smaller but a much better in-ring performer.

I'm also not the sort of person whom you'd stereotype to be someone who likes "big sweaty men" or something, because I liked Kurt Angle and Bret Hart just as much as Sting and Taker.

I'm just curious. If you guys think Enzo has nothing to offer on the main roster, does Balor have, despite the fact that he can perform?

Can he be taken seriously? ; considering his size, that he comes across as cold and boring, isn't CM Punk on the mic; and the face paint and demon king persona doesn't lend him any more legitimacy than Bray Wyatt being fat and mediocre and going about proclaiming himself to be the "eater of worlds," which is basically just being a sort of a Conqueror, only Taker actually conquered, and Brock Lesnar actually conquered.

Another fact to consider is that Balor isn't the best wrestler in the world and not a technical wizard like Daniel Bryan, Cesaro or Chris Benoit. He does a lot of those kicks and high-risk moves, something Juvented Guerrera and Rey Mysterio made a living out of, back in 1996.

Seems to me, Balor at his size is a far better fit for the CW division, than Enzo Amore.
i agree with you on all your point but the difference between Finn and enzo is simple, Finn Balor as a following from his indy days and fans that followed his career see him in the spot he's in. He's like the AJ Styles of Raw in a way. While Enzo doesn't have that backing from the fans, he's always was a tag wrestler so in single he's never been a proven commodity so wgy not try him in the cruiserweight first, see what he able to do has a single and then if he's good enough, send him back to the midcard.
Old 08-23-2017, 12:01 PM

Greg4WWE is looking to come up from OCW...Greg4WWE is looking to come up from OCW...Greg4WWE is looking to come up from OCW...

It's a good move. Even if he doesn't do much there, it's a good move.

Different subject, why did Neville lose the belt to begin with?
Old 08-23-2017, 12:21 PM
Knockout Champion

RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55 View Post
i agree with you on all your point but the difference between Finn and enzo is simple, Finn Balor as a following from his indy days and fans that followed his career see him in the spot he's in. He's like the AJ Styles of Raw in a way. While Enzo doesn't have that backing from the fans, he's always was a tag wrestler so in single he's never been a proven commodity so wgy not try him in the cruiserweight first, see what he able to do has a single and then if he's good enough, send him back to the midcard.
Fair enough.

He's still smaller than Styles though, and arenas aren't filled with thunderous, resounding applause week after week, as we've seen them do every time AJ Styles shows up, whether as heel or face.