WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Old School Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 10-29-2017, 05:51 PM
Once & Future Wrestlezone Columnist
NWA Champion

THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I felt they could have done it much earlier...

Wrestlemania 4

Randy Savage v Hulk Hogan v Ted DiBiase - Forget the tournament and the DiBiase buying the belt... have him "buy" his way into the rematch at Mania 4... This costs Andre the title, but it barely counts anyway... have Savage work his way into World Title contention and DiBiase "buy" his way into the match rather than buying the belt... You can still do The Megapowers v The Megabucks... but DiBiase wins the belt here when Andre makes a move on Liz... Hogan tries to defend her and when Savage notices, he gets caught in Million Dollar Dream...

Wrestlemania 7 - Hulk Hogan v Rick Rude v Earthquake

Instead of Slaughter winning the title, Rude did.. Hogan wants his rematch but he still isn't quite done with Earthquake, who is the actual number one contender... This would have been an interesting slant on a Hogan match, he'd have the monster and the wily, more nimble opponent to contend with and there'd be an added dimension in having both Heenan and Jimmy Hart involved in the match... Have Tugboat in his corner and turn on him... Rude escapes with the title and the Natural Disasters form at the end, taking out Hogan.
Old 10-30-2017, 08:42 AM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
Million Dollar Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...

The Evolution Triple Threat in mutiple occassions:
a) Wrestlemania 21
b) Wrestlemania 24, had Cena not come back
c) The time from Wrestlemania 25 to Summerslam 2009
d) Wrestlemania 30

The Big Three Triple Threat, Austin vs Rock vs Triple H
a) Survivor Series 1999
b) anywhere from 2000 to 2003, not taking into consideration the gaps were each one of them was abesnt

Some fantasy booking, the three best teams of the modern era, DX vs Edge & Christian vs The Hardy Boys
-) 2009
The original plan was to have Christian return and be the one who cost Jeff the title at the Rumble, but those plans were scrapped. That would reunite E&C. You already had the Hardys and later that year we also got a DX reunion. Who knows what would have happened, had Vince not changed his mind that night, because Christian's return was leaked.

The Punk, Rock, Rap Triple Threat
at Wrestlemania 29. Everyone knows the story behind that one.

But do you know what triple threat match would have been great? One done during the InVasion, but a three sided invasion: ECW vs WWF vs WCW. And who are the leaders?

WWF, led by The Rock
WCW, led by Hulk Hogan
ECW, led by Stone Cold Steve Austin

That match, with so much build behind it, with so much at stake, would have been a treat to watch.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 10:52 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by THTRobtaylor View Post
I felt they could have done it much earlier...

Wrestlemania 4

Randy Savage v Hulk Hogan v Ted DiBiase - Forget the tournament and the DiBiase buying the belt... have him "buy" his way into the rematch at Mania 4... This costs Andre the title, but it barely counts anyway... have Savage work his way into World Title contention and DiBiase "buy" his way into the match rather than buying the belt... You can still do The Megapowers v The Megabucks... but DiBiase wins the belt here when Andre makes a move on Liz... Hogan tries to defend her and when Savage notices, he gets caught in Million Dollar Dream...

Wrestlemania 7 - Hulk Hogan v Rick Rude v Earthquake

Instead of Slaughter winning the title, Rude did.. Hogan wants his rematch but he still isn't quite done with Earthquake, who is the actual number one contender... This would have been an interesting slant on a Hogan match, he'd have the monster and the wily, more nimble opponent to contend with and there'd be an added dimension in having both Heenan and Jimmy Hart involved in the match... Have Tugboat in his corner and turn on him... Rude escapes with the title and the Natural Disasters form at the end, taking out Hogan.
Glad to see these suggestions, as they are from my favorite era, but I need some clarification.

First, you scrap the tournament and have DiBiase buying his way into a "rematch" at Mania 4. So, I assume you mean the rematch is between Hulk and Andre (from Mania 3). But then you have Savage in your match and not Andre. Which means DiBiase is now buying his way into a Savage/Hogan rematch? Savage/Hogan didn't happen until Mania 5, so what rematch taking place at Mania 4 are you talking about?

Then, you have a scenario where Rude wins the title instead of Slaughter, which is fine. But then you say Hogan wants his rematch. Slaughter (or Rude, in your version) beat Warrior for the belt. What rematch are you talking about?
Old 11-01-2017, 02:32 PM
Once & Future Wrestlezone Columnist
NWA Champion

THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeenanGorilla View Post
Glad to see these suggestions, as they are from my favorite era, but I need some clarification.

First, you scrap the tournament and have DiBiase buying his way into a "rematch" at Mania 4. So, I assume you mean the rematch is between Hulk and Andre (from Mania 3). But then you have Savage in your match and not Andre. Which means DiBiase is now buying his way into a Savage/Hogan rematch? Savage/Hogan didn't happen until Mania 5, so what rematch taking place at Mania 4 are you talking about?

Then, you have a scenario where Rude wins the title instead of Slaughter, which is fine. But then you say Hogan wants his rematch. Slaughter (or Rude, in your version) beat Warrior for the belt. What rematch are you talking about?
The rematch would be from Mania 3... Andre wouldn't have won the belt and DiBiase in effect "buys" Andre's slot in that match.

I'd have Rude defeat Warrior, and a title match with Hogan BEFORE Mania... that goes awry when Earthquake interferes...
Old 11-02-2017, 10:15 PM
Big Sexy Cool
ROH Pure Champion

Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels (mid-97)

Anytime between Wrestlemania and Summerslam, perhaps King Of The Ring, when Austin and Michaels were Tag Team Champions but weren't getting along and their common enemy was Bret Hart.

Austin vs. Rock vs. Triple H has already been mentioned, I would love to have seen any Triple Threat combination between Austin, Rock, Triple H and Mankind. Two more I have in mind...

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. The Rock vs. Mankind (Wrestlemania 15)

Originally the plan for WM 15.

The Rock vs. Triple H vs. Mankind/Mick Foley (Survivor Series 1999 or Wrestlemania 16)