WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 08-05-2017, 07:57 PM
Welcome to the Warzone.

Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default Eva Marie: The Best Worst Wrestler In Recent WWE History

Yesterday, Eva Marie officially parted ways with WWE; ending a four year tenure with the company.

For the time she was there, she was quickly considered one of the absolute worst wrestlers WWE ever hired; consistently botching moves, having little psychology and not selling moves well or in some cases at all.

Her promo skills were not that much better, the first promo she gave is some of the most wooden, dry promo cutting the company has seen in years.

But you have to give her credit; she wanted to learn and she tried to learn. She did well for herself in NXT and it looked like she was going to be huge in SmackDown Live. And then she left, never to be seen again.

It was clear that Eva was only hired because of her looks. And it showed tremendously. But at the end of the day, we should all be thankful to have had her on board; because even though it didn't work out, we'll always have that announcer man in the sky introducing her. And hey, you have to admit; she was actually pretty cool on Total Divas.

In conclusion: Eva Marie will go down in history not as a good wrestler, or a decent wrestler or even a bad wrestler. She will go down as perhaps the best worst wrestler WWE has had in recent years. And I think it's a well-deserved honor.

#TheNuclearWinterWillBeUnleashed

Cat of Controversy, Writer of Wrestling
Creator of War Zone
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 08:19 PM
Future Endeavored
WWE Women's Champion

LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Her entrances were absolutely phenomenal though. I'd put her up there with the best entrances ever. I was enjoying her quite a bit towards the end of her NXT run. She had improved enough to where she was passable in the ring.

In a different era, she probably would've been women's champion.
Old 08-05-2017, 10:06 PM
ROH Pure Champion

d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWE66 View Post
Yesterday, Eva Marie officially parted ways with WWE; ending a four year tenure with the company.

For the time she was there, she was quickly considered one of the absolute worst wrestlers WWE ever hired; consistently botching moves, having little psychology and not selling moves well or in some cases at all.

Her promo skills were not that much better, the first promo she gave is some of the most wooden, dry promo cutting the company has seen in years.

But you have to give her credit; she wanted to learn and she tried to learn. She did well for herself in NXT and it looked like she was going to be huge in SmackDown Live. And then she left, never to be seen again.

It was clear that Eva was only hired because of her looks. And it showed tremendously. But at the end of the day, we should all be thankful to have had her on board; because even though it didn't work out, we'll always have that announcer man in the sky introducing her. And hey, you have to admit; she was actually pretty cool on Total Divas.

In conclusion: Eva Marie will go down in history not as a good wrestler, or a decent wrestler or even a bad wrestler. She will go down as perhaps the best worst wrestler WWE has had in recent years. And I think it's a well-deserved honor.
I haven't really seen an Eva Marie match, so it sounds like I haven't missed much.

I consider the worst Divas wrestler I ever saw was Ashley Massaro. At that time, there were plenty of Divas who were hired for looks, not ability, but most actually improved a little bit. Candice Michelle, who I used to consider a terrible performer, had a couple of good matches with Beth Phoenix, and looked like she had actually started to get better.

But Ashley never improved. I remember one match where she ran the ropes, and then jumped onto the middle rope, and froze. She looked like she was too scared to do the move, which means that you shouldn't be anywhere near a wrestling ring.

Eva Marie probably should have been used as a valet, and accompanied some up-and-comer to the ring. Hey, Carmella isn't great in the ring, but has made the most of her opportunities. If Eva Marie managed someone coming up from NXT, then she may have served a purpose. But she always struck me as someone who it didn't mean enough to her, and she was there to promote herself, and further her modelling career.
Old 08-05-2017, 10:30 PM

Sadiki22 is looking to come up from OCW...

Not all women in WWE are meant to be wrestlers!Look what they did with JoJo and it works for her(using her strength which is her voice).They could of easily made Eva a manger or something!
Old 08-06-2017, 12:19 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...

It looked like she was going to get a big push when she debuted on Smackdown. I wish she could of gotten more of a chance on the main roster. She had the looks and an awesome entrance and she was creating some buzz. Unfortunately she got suspended shortly after her debut and they seemed to give up on her. I just don't get why they invested all this time training her and putting her on Total Divas and then never giving her a chance to shine on the main roster.
Old 08-06-2017, 02:00 AM
WWE Women's Champion

Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...

She was bad in ring. But that doesnt mean she couldnt be a valet to some wrestlers or even believable heel wrestler. Because aside for Four Horsewomen she was maybe only women with genuine reaction even if it was because of her being bad. Both sides dont lose that much though. She got years of exposure from WWE and WWE got her shallow thing on Total Divas but in the end she can do other stuff after this and WWE wont miss her that much.
Old 08-06-2017, 03:05 AM

Strife3 is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Eva Marie: User of WWE

Lets look over what Eva Marie really did for WWE, Not so much, WWE on the other hand took a no body like her, don't get me wrong she is beautiful but she would not be anywhere near where she is now if WWE had not hired her. She lied to WWE and it was shown on Total Diva's. People act like she's the best woman there is, she is the second biggest bust there is in WWE, just behind Paige.

WWE gave Eva the platform to be who she is now and because WWE is trying to keep it's people off drugs Eva asked for a release. Shows you where her loyalty is and what she wants more. WWE has made her so well known she will be around the world and doing tv and movies for awhile from now due to what WWE did for her, not that she had the skills herself.

This is one of those times where WWE got the short end of everything, As it was stated WWE wanted to keep her, she wanted to leave.

Like Paige, I will not miss Eva, There are more Woman ready to take her place as well as woman like Brie ready to come back to take that spot and do something with it.
Old 08-06-2017, 06:44 AM
Sufferin' Succotash.

Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...

It's a shame to see her go. Losing great characters like Eva is why WWE is going downhill. This obsession with great wrestling/wrestlers isn't working, WWE has never been about that.

Eva would have been fantastic if given a proper opportunity. What better way to get a face cheered than by beating somebody that everybody (almost) disliked? It's such a proven and simple formula.
Old 08-06-2017, 07:19 AM
Million Dollar Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

I don't think we're going to miss her that much now since they pretty much replaced her with Lana. Eva was great at getting heat mostly because of that fact that she got hired for her looks and not her wrestling abilities and she use that to her advantage which is a smart move in my opinion. I really thought that when she started on smackdown last year that she could easily be the face of the division for a while, that's how good her character was. Then came the suspension and she realize she wasn'T as untouchable as she thought she was and decided to go and seek out others outside project which basically worked. So WWE knew that it was just a matter of time before she ask for her release so they try to create a new Eva marie with Emma which obviously didn't work because Emma can actually wrestle, so after that they gave the character to Lana which seem to be working, not as much as Eva's version did but still.

In the end, Eva didn't really put butts in seat but she was really good at using the hatred that the fans had for her to her advantage and that's a rare quality in a wrestler, in fact i think it one of the most important quality in any wrestlers. So on that front, she will be miss but let face it, if we didn't think that she was gone from WWE the minute she got suspended, then we're probably the dumbest fans in wrestling.
Old 08-06-2017, 08:33 AM
WWF Hardcore Champion

Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Confusing heel heat with "Turn off the TV" heat.

Eva was never someone I enjoyed hating, and I never got invested in her. I watched Total Divas a few times just to see what it was like, and it was a lot of Eva doing intentionally stupid scripted things to pretend reality. ("Don't tell WWE I'm doing this guys!" Was the quote that made me turn that off forever).

I'm all down for someone being a terrible wrestler as a gimmick, it actually works quite well, but they gotta be able to play the crowd, something I never saw Eva do on screen. She plays people with her branding, but from wrestling? Literally never did anything that got any reaction from me, besides day dream, get up to make a sammich, or channel flip to see if anything else was on.

I will admit though, I was very intrigued about Eva's comeback after the All Red everything and "could not make it here tonight" gimmick wore off, The only time I really cared about her, was after she was gone (forever in hindsight), so there's no payoff to that, just another dead angle in WWE's Library.

She actually made me miss Jillian Hall quite a bit...