WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Non-Wrestling Non Spam Sections > The Media Hub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: What is the best version of Batman?
Adam West (Batman '66) 0 0%
Michael Keaton (Batman; Batman Returns) 3 25.00%
Val Kilmer (Batman Forever) 0 0%
George Clooney (Batman & Robin) 0 0%
Kevin Conroy (The Animated Series; Arkham Games) 4 33.33%
Christian Bale (The Dark Knight Trilogy) 3 25.00%
Ben Affleck (Batman V Superman; Justice League) 2 16.67%
Other (Please Explain) 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-11-2017, 10:54 AM
Friendly Neighborhood
WWE Diva's Champion

@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...

I'd like to preface by yelling at anyone that hasn't seen Batman: Mask of the Phantasm. One of my favourite Bat-flicks, second only to Batman Returns. Please watch it if you haven't.

Whenever I read a comic or graphic novel, Kevin Conroy is the voice of Batman in my head. (To that, Hamill is also the Joker, always) But for reasons stated, I agree with separating voice and live performance. I disqualify him, but by all means celebrate his performance at any chance I get.

It's really a tie between Bale and Keaton for me. Both balanced the Bruce/Batman dichotomy well, with a slight edge in favor of Keaton. However, where Bale gains ground is portraying Bruce's quest for justice as an obsession, borderlining on sickness. Even this they fail to do quite right, but that trait is absent from Keaton's performance entirely, in my own opinion.

On the subject of the games, man, I would love an Arkham City scale game, but set in Adam West's Batman Universe, complete with campy gizmos and onomatopeia-fighting effects.

No. No one else misses Rybaxel
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 08:55 AM
The Phenom of WZ
WCW TV Champion

SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via MSN to SSJPhenom

I just watched Mitch's videos and how anyone can hear that classic line of, "I am vengeance, I am the night, I AM BATMAN," and not go with Conroy is a great mystery to me.

I appreciate the differing opinions, though. Don't worry, there will be more best portrayal threads to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightShiftLegend View Post
Thus why I'd let a girl put on a strap-on and get in there. You only live once.
Old 10-03-2017, 02:11 PM

Dolph Ziggler's Gimmick is looking to come up from OCW...Dolph Ziggler's Gimmick is looking to come up from OCW...Dolph Ziggler's Gimmick is looking to come up from OCW...

Might as well rank 'em.

1 - Kevin Conroy
While I do think the animated series had a few godawful episodes, it was a fantastic series overall and Conroy was perfect as he always is as Batman, and his work in the Arkham games further cemented that. I can't think of a single solitary flaw in Kevin Conroy's Batman performances, that's how good he is as the voice of Batman.

2 - Christian Bale
I'm probably one of the few who actually likes Bale's Batman voice. Sometimes, it can get distracting and make you cringe, but most of the time it worked for me. It was almost demonic, and made the most sense from a storytelling perspective in the grounded, realistic Nolanverse.

Above all, Bale himself is a phenomenal actor. As Bruce Wayne, he was perfect. Behind the mask, he was also able to show emotion, he really knew how to portray a man who'd just been through some shit just with his body language alone. That final scene from The Dark Knight remains his greatest, and still sends chills to my spine.

3 - Michael Keaton
Keaton in the suit looked like a total badass, and he had a good voice for the role. Not to mention, his mannerisms were always on point, the fact that he couldn't move his head actually added something of a mystique to him whenever he'd move around, which we also saw with Christian Bale at the beginning of The Dark Knight trilogy.

Burton went in some strange places during his films, most notably with Batman Returns, and what he did with the Joker/Batman dynamic in the first movie, but Keaton just barely made some things work for me and still came off as believable. He was always solid as Batman.

4 - Ben Affleck
It's really unfortunate, Affleck just has all the tools to play the perfect Batman it seems, but the writing in the only film we've seen him in as Batman just derailed some of that potential. Similarly to Keaton, he made me still believe in him, and I came out of the movie remembering him as the highlight. We still need to see some more of him, and I still have my fingers crossed for a solo Batman flick directed by Ben Affleck himself.