WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 07-18-2017, 05:59 PM
WCW TV Champion

d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Default Can WWE use Willow?

I know that WWE are banned from acquiring the rights to the "Broken Universe" since TNA claim that they own it (even though Matt Hardy created it, put all the work in it, and it is the only thing any non-TNA fan cared about from TNA in the last five years).

Well, I wonder if the same thing applies to Willow, Jeff Hardy's alter-ego.

I wonder if TNA will also claim that they own the "Willow" character as well (since Jeff created it, put the work into it, but that hasn't stopped TNA leeching off other people's work).
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 06:51 PM

Mr.Maikeru_Sawyer is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_henderson1810 View Post
Well, I wonder if the same thing applies to Willow, Jeff Hardy's alter-ego.
I don't think GFW could stop Jeff from using Willow(o the wisp) as Jeff created the character in OMEGA(Matt & Jeff's wrestling federation before they ever came to WWE the first time.
Old 07-18-2017, 07:54 PM
Registered Suplex Offender
WWE Diva's Champion

Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...

It really depends on the details of Jeff's contract with the company formerly known as TNA.

Not to attack the Op, but why would he want to? There isn't really money in the character, whereas the name Jeff Hardy is a former WWE champion and could headline ppv.
Old 07-18-2017, 07:58 PM
Remarkable Mark Keaton
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...

Ya, going The Willow character would be a really silly direction for Jeff Hardy. Broken Matt, yes. But from the two incarnations of the wierd Willow that I've seen, it's really not worth the effort and I doubt the WWE fans would even care to see him.

"I'm a Mog. Half man and half dog, I'm my own best friend."
Old 07-18-2017, 09:43 PM
The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
WWE Champion

It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...

Yes. Willow was created under the OMEGA brand years prior. TNA used the character on screen but didn't come up with it in the same manner they did the Broken characters. There should be nothing standing in their way should they want to bring Willow to TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
Old 07-18-2017, 10:04 PM
ROH Pure Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Willow was created by jeff hardy before he went to tna and I'm pretty sure that he applied for the trademark before using it in tna so they could use it if they really wanted it. But I doubt they would want to throw away money by using this gimmick

The problem with them not getting the right to use the broken universe is that matt forgot to apply for the trademark before using it on impact. So, since employees of tna worked with them on the whole gimmick and it was a product that was showed on their tv show, they technically own the right, if the hardy's would have applied for the trademak before using it on tv, they wouldn't be in this mess.
Old 07-18-2017, 11:38 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

I_Like_All_Wrestling is looking to come up from OCW...I_Like_All_Wrestling is looking to come up from OCW...I_Like_All_Wrestling is looking to come up from OCW...I_Like_All_Wrestling is looking to come up from OCW...I_Like_All_Wrestling is looking to come up from OCW...I_Like_All_Wrestling is looking to come up from OCW...I_Like_All_Wrestling is looking to come up from OCW...

If everyone is right that he trademarked it and used it prior to TNA, then yes, he probably could use it in WWE. The question is why? WWE wouldn't want to let them use a character they don't own. They like to trademark everything too. And it's not like Willow is a draw. Jeff Hardy "the charismatic enigma" is the draw. Nothing else. Hardy's music, or art, or characters are not draws. Just him.There would be no point.

As far as character/story creation goes. I'm betting that in contracts state that any character or storyline developed (or maybe developed and used) while under contract is property of the company. No company is going to allow anyone to control ownership of a huge moneymaking character regardless of how much "time and work" they put in.
Old 07-19-2017, 02:55 AM
the root of all evil
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...

What about itchy weed or whatever his name was...

The one with the weed whacker?

the Five Moves of doom?
Old 07-25-2017, 06:18 AM
Million Dollar Champion

thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Jeff Hardy is already over, he will be even over more when Vince has him go one last singles run. He will do this as Jeff Hardy. Willow is a gimmick he doesnt need at 40, he can use the name he has buiult up over the past 20 years
Old 07-31-2017, 09:06 AM

aanna is looking to come up from OCW...

Yeah ! What about itchy weed or whatever his name was...