WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 07-10-2017, 04:52 AM
Da Best Sports Entertainer Ever
WWF Hardcore Champion

BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default Why Brock Lesnar Should Be Universal Champion Until Wrestlemania 34

At Sunday night's Great Balls of Fire PPV, Brock Lesnar successfully defended his championship against Samoa Joe in a thrilling match. Overall the feud was excellently booked and gave Joe some much needed credibility and momentum. Now he looks to be one of the biggest stars on Raw after he was mostly floundering in the mid-card.

Lesnar has many more possible matchups that are very intriguing. Lesnar vs. Balor, Strowman, Rollins, or Wyatt would all be great feuds.

So Roman Reigns could defeat Lesnar at SummerSlam, but that severely limits your matchups. We've seen Reigns vs Strowman, Joe, Balor, Rollins, and Wyatt nimerous times on PPV and/or TV. Quite frankly, none of those feuds are very interesting.

Would you like to see Reigns defeat Lesnar for the title at SummerSlam or WrestleMania? If you chose SummerSlam, who does Reigns feud with afterwards?
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 06:08 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Lesnar being champion doesnt matter. He can have a big name match because he is brock lesnar. If he lost to Reigns at SummerSlam he could still have all of those matches. The problem is that brock lesnar has been turned into a prizefighter. He doesnt give a shit about anything but the championship and the money. To have all those match ups you need to find a reason to have Brock deviate from those. I dont really know how you do that
Old 07-10-2017, 07:28 AM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

You mean to say that he should be able to defeat every credible challenger left and then get defeated by Roman Reigns.

Then why should I be interested in his match when I know that he won't lose? Regardless of the feud being booked as much good as possible, if I know that it won't lead to any change then why should I be interested?

Roman Reigns has already too many rubs. This big rub should be given to someone else. Like Braun Strowman. Or Seth Rollins. Or Finn Bálor. Or Samoa Joe.
Old 07-10-2017, 07:34 AM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

The previous poster is correct Brock only cares about being champion and nothing else. Considering he's only around every few months to defend the title makes him a crappy champion in my books anyway.

So what RAW has done is they've left Wyatt, Rollins, Balor (who didn't even have a match last night), Samoa Joe, Strowman and Reigns, standing around scratching themselves because there is no title in sight to go after. It's sitting on a ranch in Saskatchewan for months on end.

You can have as many number one contender matches as you want, but the champion should be there to take on the number one contenders. Lesnar hasn't defended the title since April, 3 months ago. The other title is being held by MiZ who for some reason or other can only feud with Ambrose.

Brock is in the last year of his 3 year contract and the rumour mill stated he was going to wrestle more because he's finished with UFC. That hasn't happened. Sure he shows up every once in awhile and does a staredown, but that's the extent of it.

As much as Lesnar and to a certain extent Vince like to treat this title as you would a UFC title, meaning it only gets defended a couple of times a year, how is that fair to the other guys on the roster waiting in line to get a shot at it.

Now Samoa Joe had one hell of a match with Lesnar last night, but according to the WWE it's a one and done deal. He'll go to the back of the line and wait till Lesnar goes through everyone until Reigns takes it from him at Mania 34. Joe is what nearing 40, how long should he have to wait, cause if he couldn't beat Lesnar then he shouldn't be able to beat Reigns, who will beat Lesnar.

I'm afraid that Wyatt, Rollins and Balor don't have a snowballs chance in hell of beating a Brock Lesnar. Samoa Joe gave him the most offense I've seen in a long time, and I really thought Lesnar was going down last night.

They could have put the title on Joe last night and have him retain it for awhile, but again this is the problem of one guy being pushed at the expense of everyone else.

Last edited by Navi : 07-10-2017 at 07:37 AM.
Old 07-10-2017, 08:29 AM
Nick
WWE European Champion

Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...

If you can't enjoy a feud because, as a "smart" mark, you know where it's going, that's your fault. You only know where it's all leading to because you choose to read dirt sheets. I get really irritated when I read a post where someone complains about an angle/story because they already know where it's ending up. That is your fault. Stop reading the dirt sheets if it's causing you so much boredom.

Brock is definitely a prize fighter. I love him only showing up right before he defends the title. I honestly don't care who ends up beating him at Mania, but yes, he should hold it until then.
Old 07-10-2017, 08:33 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...

The Match was indeed great but having your World Champion on your "A" show never be present just doesn't make sense. If Brock worked more of a full time deal where he was even just on Raw every week without even competing but the current status just doesn't make sense.

Plus nobody wants Reigns vs. Lesnar at Mania. So have Roman win the Title at Summerslam and go on to defend it vs. John Cena at next year's Wrestlemania. Lesnar can compete in the Rumble and be tossed out by Samoa Joe. Then these 2 could have another epic match at Wrestlemania. Lesnar should go back to being a special attraction for major PPV's but should stay out of the Title picture unless he's willing to work a more full time deal.

My Wrestlemania Card Next Year
Roman Reigns (C) vs. John Cena (Universal Title)
Nakamura vs. Styles (WWE World Heavyweight Title)
Brock Lesnar vs. Samoa Joe (Cage Match)
Finn Balor vs. Bray Wyatt (I-C Title) Falls count anywhere
Rollins/Ambrose vs. The Hardy's (Raw Tag Titles)
New Day vs. The Revival (Smackdown Tag Titles)
Andre Battle Royal for the US Title
Charlotte vs. Asuka (Smackdown Women's Title)
Sasha Banks vs. Bailey (Raw Women's Title)
Neville vs. Enzo Amore (Cruiserweight Title)

* Imagine 30 superstars for the US Title in the Andre Battle Royal where if the winner is from Raw he goes to Smackdown!!! And who wins it??? Sami Zayn who finally gets his Wrestlemania moment!!!
Old 07-10-2017, 09:16 AM
ECW TV Champion

OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...

By your criteria, Reigns should never be champion again because he's already feuded with anybody worth feuding with. What's the difference if he wins it at Summerslam or Mania? Even if he wins the thing 8 months later, he'll still have already either feuded with or faced consistently Rollins, Ambrose, Strowman, Wyatt, Balor, Styles, Rusev, Joe, Brock, Owens etc. As somebody else alluded to, Brock doesn't need the title to make somebody look like a star in a match and, as good as the match last night was, it was still only 7 minutes long. People are tired of seeing Brock get progressively lazier as his contract runs out.

Who should Reigns feud with after Summerslam? He could feud with anyone. Just because he's already faced somebody a few times, doesn't mean he never should again. There are ways to make a feud interesting even if we've seen it before. Shit, I wouldn't mind seeing Strowman/Reigns continue to tell you the truth.
Old 07-10-2017, 09:49 AM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Nick Dudley View Post
If you can't enjoy a feud because, as a "smart" mark, you know where it's going, that's your fault. You only know where it's all leading to because you choose to read dirt sheets. I get really irritated when I read a post where someone complains about an angle/story because they already know where it's ending up. That is your fault. Stop reading the dirt sheets if it's causing you so much boredom.

Brock is definitely a prize fighter. I love him only showing up right before he defends the title. I honestly don't care who ends up beating him at Mania, but yes, he should hold it until then.
And what if someone doesn't read dirt sheets and still sort of knows what'll probably be the result? You say this as if Roman Reigns' booking doesn't indicate anything. Who in the current crop of talent couldn't be pinned by Brock Lesnar even after 3 F-5s? Well, it's Roman Reigns. Who hasn't defeated Brock but hasn't been defeated by him either. The end of Wrestlemania 31 easily indicated what shall happen in the future.
Old 07-10-2017, 10:07 AM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

IF, IF, IF Vince would be willing to book Lesnar's other opponents with the same level of attention and focus as we saw with Joe, then I think I'd be open to it. The problem, however, is that Vince's booking decisions are something of a crap shoot and could be all over the place.

Joe was booked to look like a badass and even though he lost last night, he didn't look "defeated" in the sense that Lesnar just decimated him. Joe's glare at Lesnar last night left me wanting to see another bout between them because even though the match was on the short side and I think they could have done more, they ultimately did what was needed: they put on an entertaining match in which Brock Lesnar looked to in danger of losing to a dangerous opponent.

However, would Vince book Seth Rollins to come off as a threat or would he ultimately be a ragdolled all over the place like we saw during his match with Lesnar a few years ago? For that matter, would Finn Balor be booked to be a credible threat? Would Wyatt? We really have no way of knowing whether we read the dirt sheets or not and we wouldn't know until the build started. Would have 9 months or so of challenging opponents for Lesnar or would he squash them like bugs? If it'd be the former, then wonderful but there's a good chance that it'd be the latter and, as a fan, I'd feel let down by all the potential opportunities squandered by putting Lesnar back to the formula that's been used for him except against Attitude Era stars.

Frankly, I don't have that much faith in Vince anymore as I don't think he has the discipline to make Lesnar's opponents strong. If they lost but lost after giving Lesnar a good fight, I'd be more than happy with that because they'd have gained something just like Joe did last night.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 07-10-2017, 10:53 AM
Nick
WWE European Champion

Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinChan View Post
And what if someone doesn't read dirt sheets and still sort of knows what'll probably be the result? You say this as if Roman Reigns' booking doesn't indicate anything. Who in the current crop of talent couldn't be pinned by Brock Lesnar even after 3 F-5s? Well, it's Roman Reigns. Who hasn't defeated Brock but hasn't been defeated by him either. The end of Wrestlemania 31 easily indicated what shall happen in the future.
I still don't see what the problem is. General fans who do not read dirt sheets will more than likely enjoy this setup. Again, outside of smart marks who already have their minds made up, how can anyone say this won't be a really good 6-9 month run? Maybe it will stink, maybe it won't. Smart marks refuse to give anything a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik
Mayor Bloomberg intelligent Jew for not have the yokozuna size drink.the people need to drink the healthy or become king kong bundy class