WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 07-04-2017, 09:31 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default WWE Battleground: Flag Match - John Cena VS Rusev

On tonight's episode of SmackDown Live, Cena returned and, after being interrupted by Rusev, challenged Rusev to a Flag Match. Rusev turned down Cena's offer for the match tonight, but Daniel Bryan took to Twitter not long afterward and made the match official for Battleground.

This could be a fun way to give Rusev some big momentum after being on the shelf injured for several months but I don't see it going down that way. After John Cena's right wing Ra-Ra America is the best speech, I don't think there's much chance of Cena losing this match; it wouldn't hurt Cena at all and, in fact, it could be the start of adding a level of depth to his character seeing as how he's ultimately been labeled as a part timer. Despite his claims otherwise, Cena pretty much is a part timer at this point in time and if they wanted to create some level of doubt as to whether or not Cena's "gone soft", this would be a nice start.

However, I ultimately think we'll get the usual performance from Cena, he beats up the evil foreigner and goes onto SummerSlam to quite possibly defeat another evil foreigner in Jinder Mahal while winning his 17th World Championship.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 09:53 PM
Where it at doe?
ROH Pure Champion

Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...

The matches they had a few years ago were pretty good and I'm expecting the same here. I'm not thrilled about them facing each other again but I think this is part of a big plan to have Rusev turn into a huge name. I don't see why (though they have done it before) on why you would have Cena and Rusev fight each other again if Rusev isn't going over. Cena went over before and what would be the point of him going over Rusev again, especially when Rusev hasn't wrestled since Fastlane(?). Not a fan of the stipulation either but it's something new so I can't completely hate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacistHulkHogan View Post
Khalifa tears dude. Tears flowing daddy. Only love. HH
Old 07-04-2017, 10:23 PM
WOKEN Warrior
WCW TV Champion

Spidey is a Television Champion...Spidey is a Television Champion...Spidey is a Television Champion...Spidey is a Television Champion...Spidey is a Television Champion...Spidey is a Television Champion...Spidey is a Television Champion...Spidey is a Television Champion...Spidey is a Television Champion...Spidey is a Television Champion...Spidey is a Television Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Spidey

I guess it would have made too much sense to have it on Independence Day, the one day of the year we here in the states are at our most patriotic. The one day foreign heel vs. American babyface is easy money. When a Flag Match just sounds like the most natural thing to have. Nah. Instead let's put it on ppv and wait for the luster to wear off. I hope it's good and I hope Rusev will look great coming out of this, but past history makes me doubt it. And the idea of either flag being disrespected afterwards is very likely. I don't see a winner here, but I've been wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Kerouac - On The Road
Whither goest thou, America, in thy shiny car in the night?
Old 07-04-2017, 10:28 PM
ECW TV Champion

OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...

Well this match came out of nowhere. Was it just me or did Rusev look extremely bored/apathetic/drunk tonight? Maybe it was rust or whatnot but he seemed to be missing something.

Anyway, I don't see Rusev walking out the winner in this one, but they could always surprise me by going a different route with Cena than I'm expecting. Like OP, I'm expecting to see Jinder/Cena at Summerslam so it would make complete sense for Cena to go over here if that were the plan. It all really depends on what they want to do with Rusev going forward, but sadly, I see him being stuck in the same loop he was in before his injury, meaning strong mid-card programs in between near irrelevancy.

Cena has lost a lot more since he went part-time, but I can't see him dropping a randomly thrown together flag match to Rusev after a two-week build. Seems much more likely that the match was made to give him a win and a weak excuse to challenge for the title.
Old 07-05-2017, 04:30 AM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

What's the point of Free Agent Cena if he returns on his brand and makes his PPV return on his brand?
Old 07-05-2017, 04:45 AM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y 2 Jake View Post
What's the point of Free Agent Cena if he returns on his brand and makes his PPV return on his brand?
So putting him in a match with no build at Great Balls Of Fire, would be logical? The current situation is much better. Atleast some build is present. Something is better than nothing.
Old 07-05-2017, 05:57 AM
Sing about me, I'm dying of thirst
X-Division Champion

Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Rainbow Yaz

Stop stop, Rusev is already dead.

Seriously, Cena already killed his momentum once, so why not just nip it in the bud now before he gets a chance to build any?

Does WWE hate Ru Ru and Lana? She loses two matches in two weeks after only one move. Rusev gets passed over for Jinder, and finally comes back just to be booked against a returning "all-timer" Cena.
Old 07-05-2017, 06:17 AM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinChan View Post
So putting him in a match with no build at Great Balls Of Fire, would be logical? The current situation is much better. Atleast some build is present. Something is better than nothing.
Why would you put him on Great Balls of Fire? If he's on Smackdown then why advertise him as a free agent? He's still currently on Smackdown do it's irrelevant. I might be wrong but he's being advertised as a free agent so he can face a Raw superstar. Then why not hold off his return until they have something or be less trigger happy by saying he can Wrestle on either brand.
Old 07-05-2017, 08:04 AM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y 2 Jake View Post
Why would you put him on Great Balls of Fire? If he's on Smackdown then why advertise him as a free agent? He's still currently on Smackdown do it's irrelevant. I might be wrong but he's being advertised as a free agent so he can face a Raw superstar. Then why not hold off his return until they have something or be less trigger happy by saying he can Wrestle on either brand.
Won't you put him on the PPV if you have appear on RAW?

I think that advertising him as a free agent is more of a teaser to his upcoming matches. And also some reason to watch both RAW and Smackdown. Every week.
Old 07-05-2017, 08:11 AM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

I wouldn't put him on Raw until after GBoF, where I assume he would begin a feud with Joe.

There's no reason to watch Raw and Smackdown every week.