WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Spam Friendly Sections > Wrestling Spam Zone > Wrestling Spam Zone Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 06-19-2017, 05:33 PM
I've got more Ho's than Jim Duggan
Million Dollar Champion

Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default Predict the G1 Climax 27 Field

At tomorrow's NJPW Kizuna Road show at Korakuen Hall, the promotion will announce the competitors for this year's G1 Climax.

In recent years, the company has announced the entire field, the blocks, and all of the match-ups in one fell swoop at their Dominion event, but have changed that strategy this year, waiting until tomorrow to announce the participants and waiting another week to reveal the blocks and card scheduling breakdowns.

With a few hours left to guess, I thought it would be fun for the New Japan followers here to play a game of predicting the participants before Gedo unveils them to us all...

Firstly I think, even with the injuries to Shibata and Honma, there are more than enough regulars/semi-regulars from the company to make this year's field. If any outsiders are cast for a role, I'd guess there's a slim chance that a NOAH guy could be brought in considering they're in deep debt to NJPW with Shiozaki being the most likely option; an All-Japan guy is also a slight possibility with the two companies seemingly building a relationship through the Lion's Gate events(but I have no clue who it would be); and I'd say Rush from CMLL is the most likely if someone from this hemisphere gets a spot(with an ROH guy like Lethal or Castle being an acceptable longshot as well). With that out of the way...

I'm guessing for two ten man blocks, so here are my twenty:

Okada
Goto
Ishii
Yano
YOSHI-HASHI

Omega
Cody
Fale

Naito
EVIL
SANADA

Suzuki
Sabre, Jr.
Smith, Jr.

Tanahashi
Elgin
Juice

Nagata
Kojima
Makabe

I think they will follow the precedent set from last month's BoSJ and leave the tag champs out of the mix, costing Tonga a spot, giving an excuse to not give one to Roa. I'd love to see Tiger Mask W(Ibushi) get a spot, and it's a decent chance that he will but I'm expecting to be letdown. I'm not expecting anyone who has been booked basically exclusively as a junior to be involved so no chance for the likes of KUSHIDA or Hiromu. And the numbers game I think bites Yujiro who has been a yearly fixture recently, as his spot is gobbled up by stablemate Cody(though if Cody's Wrestle Circus booking does end up costing him a spot, I think that either Tonga or Yujiro get his place to maintain more Bullet Club presence).

If any of the other guys I have mentioned do take a spot, I'd say the most likely guys to lose a spot would be one of the New Japan Dad's(Nagata or Kojima), and then likely Yano(though he's over and his shtick provides a change of pace, his lack of ability to have traditionally good matches could make him expendable plus the CHAOS representation would still be strong), Davey Boy Junior(though returning to booking him on the eve of the tour, as well as a need for SuzukiGun guys, indicates a strong chance he will be included), or as I previously mentioned, Cody, due to a potential booking interference.

I'd love to see who other fans that are educated on the happenings in New Japan think will make up the list of participants, so drop those predictions here!

Also, I'll add on to this thread a second round of the game once the official list has dropped, where we can use the week provided to predict the blocks once we know all of the wrestlers that the promotion has selected to compete.
Old 06-20-2017, 03:21 AM
Only have NJ World now!
Knockout Champion

ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Switch Nagata for Tiger Mask W and that would be my predictions. I don't think there will he any outsiders unfortunately.

Last edited by ヒュー G. レックション : 06-20-2017 at 03:26 AM.
sendpm.gif
Old 06-20-2017, 04:46 AM
Gone. For. Good.
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

What I hope is that Okada and Omega are in different blocks and don't face each other. Same for Naito & Tanahashi.

Expecting a solid performance from Cody in terms of results. Can't predict every wrestler since I don't know much about them.
sendpm.gif
Old 06-20-2017, 05:31 AM
Only have NJ World now!
Knockout Champion

ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Interesting... Shocked, but not completely opposed to Tonga's inclusion. I thought Cody was an absolute lock, guess not! Also the way they introduced Ibushi and the crowd reaction was sick. They surely have to put him in the same block as Kenny!
Old 06-20-2017, 06:33 AM
Gone. For. Good.
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Ibushi is better than having him masked as Tiger Mask.

Fingers crossed about not having Omega and Okada in the same block. Not sure why Cody isn't included.
sendpm.gif
Old 06-21-2017, 05:56 AM
Only have NJ World now!
Knockout Champion

Block placement will be very interesting. The way I see it is, the top 4 in the company are Okada, Omega, Naito and Tanahashi. This naturally means two in each block.

The two biggest matches they can do are Okada vs Omega 3, and Okada vs Naito.

So that means Tanahashi and Okada in one block, Omega and Naito in the other right? BUT I don't think they would have the two top champions in the same block. Also I don't think Tanahashi vs Okada will happen again as it did last year and ended with a draw.

So that would mean New Japan would have to give away one of its two money matches. The question is, which one?

Ultimately Naito and Omega are the favourites to win, so I'd like that to be the final. One can argue Okada vs Omega 3 is too soon.... But do we want to kill the mystique of an Okada Naito bout, it being so long since they've faced one another? On the other hand... Naito and Tanahashi have had plenty of matches against one another.

Ultimately, I would like Kenny to be in the same block as Okada, beating him and setting their record to 1-1-1 . Naito beats Tanahashi in his block, redeeming his Dominion loss without titles changing hands.

Then in the final, everyone will think "Ah, Omega vs Okada rubber match to end the feud!" then BAM Naito wins.

New Japan is so fun to speculate about! There is NOTHING on this level of booking complexity and unpredictability in WWE, I guarantee it!
Old 06-21-2017, 06:26 AM
Gone. For. Good.
ECW TV Champion

Having Okada Vs. Omega III in G1 Climax would be a wastage of a match which is too big on its own.
sendpm.gif
Old 06-21-2017, 06:36 AM
Only have NJ World now!
Knockout Champion

I'm sure people may have thought the same thing when Tanahashi vs Okada happened in the 2013 G1. In the circumstances it's the outcome I'd like the most.

But of course I'm not saying this will actually happen. I will probably be completely wrong, most of the time I am! Haha
Old 06-21-2017, 06:42 AM
Gone. For. Good.
ECW TV Champion

You can't compare these two matches. I'm not saying that Tanahashi isn't talented like Omega but NJPW has gotten a ton of appreciation just by the first match between those two. And second match draw was an icing on the cake. Putting it as a tournament match would be wasting the trilogy.
sendpm.gif
Old 06-24-2017, 10:34 PM
Not really working as a
WWE Diva's Champion

Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...

Everyone wants Naito to win the G1, so it's probably not happening. When was the last time that the people's favorite won? Omega was not the favorite last year. He came out of nowhere for the victory. He wasn't AJ Styles.

My money is on Okada. Because why ruin the perfect year?
sendpm.gif