WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 06-13-2017, 06:09 AM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
Million Dollar Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default Roman Reigns' Summerslam announcement

Roman is coming back next week to make a big announcement for Summerslam. What could it be?

There are reports about specific angle involving John Cena. Cena will likely play a free agent role, so that he appears on both RAW and Smackdown. Although that's a different topic of discussion altogether, these two could be combined for now. Are we getting Roman vs Cena at Summerslam? Is Roman going to challenge Cena? Is Roman making an open challenge answered by Cena? Who knows.

Roman could also say that he's going for the Universal Championship, but that would be absurd, since he just lost a #1 contender's match.

Another big surprise would be a match with Goldberg. But why would Roman challenge Goldberg?

Me personally? I'd just like to see Finn Balor and The Club going after the Big Dog. Balor vs Reigns can be a big Summerslam match and adding The Club in there would make it even greater. Roman and Balor have great chemistry in the ring. Right now they are tied in 1-1. The Club does have some history with Reigns.

What do you all think?

It seems too early to go for Reigns vs Cena and it feels kind of rushed. This is a Wrestlemania worthy match. Plus feeding Cena to Reigns would mean that Reigns has defeated Orton, HHH, Undertaker, Cena and Lesnar in a span of 4 years. Although maybe Wrestlemania 35 seems too far away for Vince to have Cena vs Reigns there.

It all remains to be seen though.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 06:33 AM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

Well I figured it would be Strowman against Reigns, but I think they are reserving Strowman for Lesnar. That would be a shame if they did, although you can't have Reigns beat him and then have Strowman go against Lesnar. It would be a forgone conclusion and I want to see Lesnar and Strowman have a good match.

As for Reigns and all of the other main event crowd on RAW, I'm finding the whole situation very strange. Yes we know there is a rumour floating that the WWE wants Lesnar against Reigns at the next Wrestlemania, but there is a problem with that. Even though Reigns has been given the rub of defeating HHH and then the Undertaker, he still isn't over with the crowd as much as the WWE wants him to be. I sincerely don't know if it will ever happen. The guy has been given so many chances, and just can't get over the hump.

Bacon mentioned on the RAW LD thread last night that the WWE might call an audible and have Cena vs Lesnar against. That would give Cena his 17th title reign and the crowd a feel good moment like we haven't seen since Bryan a couple of years ago. I just can't see Reigns having the main event this coming Mania and then the next one as well. I mean please, no one is getting this kind of booking, and what is that saying to the rest of the roster.

So I have no idea what the big announcement will be. The whole main event of RAW is in a holding pattern right now because of Lesnar not being there. Last night we didn't even see Balor or Reigns. We had Joe in a tussle with Lesnar for about 4 minutes and Wyatt and Rollins having a war on the mic. The undercard is what is holding this show together. That's not a good sign.
Old 06-13-2017, 07:11 AM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

My guess is that Reigns makes a statement that he intends to challenge the winner of at vs. Joe to a match at SummerSlam for the Universal Championship. The result of this is, possibly, the return of Braun Strowman with WWE hyping his recuperative powers, much like they do with John Cena whenever he's out injured and returns much sooner than they say he's expected to. They have unfinished business and they wind up having a match at Great Balls of Fire with the winner taking on the Universal Champion at SummerSlam. If that turns out to be the case, Strowman wins at GBOF to face Lesnar while WWE continues the slow build for Lesnar vs. Reigns for WrestleMania next year.

While I agree with Navi that there's a potential problem with the scenario of waiting for next year to do Lesnar vs. Reigns, it's not as though Vince really cares about that. If it's what he wants, it's what'll happen regardless of what fans think or whatever anyone else in WWE tries to convince him of.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 06-13-2017, 07:17 AM
I Am Jericho
WWE Diva's Champion

The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I'm certainly in the camp that believe the main event scene on Raw is a shambles. Unlike in late 2016, when it was the same four guys every week in the main event, at this point I don't even know who is a face or heel, who they are fighting, and what their agendas are. I suppose this announcement will make it very clear, but because of the booking of the last few weeks, I can't see what the logical announcement would be.

I do think a match with John Cena is a high possibility though. There would be no reason for WWE run to this "free agent" angle unless Cena was bound for a Raw brand opponent. And in my mind, I can only see Roman Reigns as being that guy to face. If WWE are still going ahead with the rumoured match between Reigns and Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania (which I sincerely hope doesn't happen), then a victory over Cena at the second or third biggest event of the year would certainly add kayfabe credibility to his forthcoming challenge of the Universal Championship. I do think that a match with Cena would be all too random though. Admittedly, I don't see anyone else on the Raw roster to logically pair with Cena at this point, but Reigns is the most logical considering the apparent "changing of the guard" from Cena to Reigns. Even then, these two have never crossed paths in a one-on-one situation before, and so I fear this would be one of those matches that I do genuinely think should happen, and I do think will be very good, but it'll happen in very random and half-assed circumstances just to be able to say it happened.

We could be looking at this wrong though. It might not have anything to do with a match necessarily. Logically it seems most likely, but you never know. The segment could certainly lead to a match, but we haven't even had Great Balls of Fire (forever burn in hell whoever made this title) yet. Having said that, the second option for me at this point is that it might have something to do with Finn Balor, who also has absolutely nothing to do at this point, which is borderline tragic considering his debut last year and comparing it to where we are now. I doubt it though. Welcome to Monday Night Raw. A match with Brock and maybe even a triple threat with Braun Strowman would make me very excited too, if they went in that direction.

Odds on Roman revealing it was him that attacked Enzo and is challenging him to a Hell in a Cell match at SummerSlam?

This certainly has me intrigued.
Old 06-13-2017, 07:24 AM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
Million Dollar Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Perfect Max View Post
I'm certainly in the camp that believe the main event scene on Raw is a shambles. Unlike in late 2016, when it was the same four guys every week in the main event, at this point I don't even know who is a face or heel, who they are fighting, and what their agendas are. I suppose this announcement will make it very clear, but because of the booking of the last few weeks, I can't see what the logical announcement would be.

I do think a match with John Cena is a high possibility though. There would be no reason for WWE run to this "free agent" angle unless Cena was bound for a Raw brand opponent. And in my mind, I can only see Roman Reigns as being that guy to face. If WWE are still going ahead with the rumoured match between Reigns and Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania (which I sincerely hope doesn't happen), then a victory over Cena at the second or third biggest event of the year would certainly add kayfabe credibility to his forthcoming challenge of the Universal Championship. I do think that a match with Cena would be all too random though. Admittedly, I don't see anyone else on the Raw roster to logically pair with Cena at this point, but Reigns is the most logical considering the apparent "changing of the guard" from Cena to Reigns. Even then, these two have never crossed paths in a one-on-one situation before, and so I fear this would be one of those matches that I do genuinely think should happen, and I do think will be very good, but it'll happen in very random and half-assed circumstances just to be able to say it happened.

We could be looking at this wrong though. It might not have anything to do with a match necessarily. Logically it seems most likely, but you never know. The segment could certainly lead to a match, but we haven't even had Great Balls of Fire (forever burn in hell whoever made this title) yet. Having said that, the second option for me at this point is that it might have something to do with Finn Balor, who also has absolutely nothing to do at this point, which is borderline tragic considering his debut last year and comparing it to where we are now. I doubt it though. Welcome to Monday Night Raw. A match with Brock and maybe even a triple threat with Braun Strowman would make me very excited too, if they went in that direction.

Odds on Roman revealing it was him that attacked Enzo and is challenging him to a Hell in a Cell match at SummerSlam?

This certainly has me intrigued.
He just defeated The Undertaker. He definately does not need to beat Cena right now. The two people that defeated Taker at Wrestlemania squaring off is a big enough draw.
Old 06-13-2017, 07:32 AM
I Am Jericho
WWE Diva's Champion

The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. View Post
He just defeated The Undertaker. He definately does not need to beat Cena right now. The two people that defeated Taker at Wrestlemania squaring off is a big enough draw.
I agree, I'm just trying to find a logical reason for the potential match between him and Cena. And even then, Reigns lost at Extreme Rules and Payback, and has suffered some brutal beat downs by Strowman since WrestleMania. From that perspective, Reigns may, in storyline, want a challenge to prove his worth again. After all, Reigns told us he would beat Taker, and he did.
Old 06-13-2017, 07:32 AM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
Million Dollar Champion

Point is: Like many said, only Lesnar and Reigns matter right now on RAW. The crowd knows that and they just don't care about anything else. Strowman managed to get some spotlight too, but what happens when he returns and gets lost in the midcard pool that is RAW?

Also, Rollins needs to jump ship ASAP. The "man" my ass. Right now he's in the same midcard pool as everyone else, behind Reigns and Lesnar. The company does not even has a direction for Rollins at the moment.

Ever since after Wrestlemania, WWE feels like this Reigns > RAW > Smackdown. He's just sitting on his iron throne and the worst thing is that they're letting nobody touch that guy for a whole damn year.

WWE could have been at its most interesting stage had it been Rollins, Reigns, Ambrose, Owens, Styles, Wyatt, Balor, Orton all battling for the #1 spot. That spot has been given to Roman and everybody else just battle for the #2 spot.

But who really cares about the #2?
Old 06-13-2017, 07:40 AM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
Million Dollar Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
My guess is that Reigns makes a statement that he intends to challenge the winner of at vs. Joe to a match at SummerSlam for the Universal Championship. The result of this is, possibly, the return of Braun Strowman with WWE hyping his recuperative powers, much like they do with John Cena whenever he's out injured and returns much sooner than they say he's expected to. They have unfinished business and they wind up having a match at Great Balls of Fire with the winner taking on the Universal Champion at SummerSlam. If that turns out to be the case, Strowman wins at GBOF to face Lesnar while WWE continues the slow build for Lesnar vs. Reigns for WrestleMania next year.

While I agree with Navi that there's a potential problem with the scenario of waiting for next year to do Lesnar vs. Reigns, it's not as though Vince really cares about that. If it's what he wants, it's what'll happen regardless of what fans think or whatever anyone else in WWE tries to convince him of.
It is definately a problem. Right now though Summerslam is too early for Brock to lose the belt, because he shouldn't lose it with only title defense.

Best thing to do for me? Have Lesnar defend the belt at GBoF, SSlam and CoC against the people they want Lesnar to fight. Then have Reigns beat Lesnar at Survivor Series. That way, you give Lesnar a nice run, you give Reigns his rub AND you let the interest peak once again for Wrestlemania, just in time.

However all of this has been discussed plenty of times over the past months and we might drift away from the subject that is Roman's Summerslam announcement, which I highly doubt is Brock Lesnar. Not yet at least.
Old 06-13-2017, 08:10 AM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. View Post
It is definately a problem. Right now though Summerslam is too early for Brock to lose the belt, because he shouldn't lose it with only title defense.

Best thing to do for me? Have Lesnar defend the belt at GBoF, SSlam and CoC against the people they want Lesnar to fight. Then have Reigns beat Lesnar at Survivor Series. That way, you give Lesnar a nice run, you give Reigns his rub AND you let the interest peak once again for Wrestlemania, just in time.

However all of this has been discussed plenty of times over the past months and we might drift away from the subject that is Roman's Summerslam announcement, which I highly doubt is Brock Lesnar. Not yet at least.
I doubt it'll be Lesnar vs. Reigns for SummerSlam either but, then again, you never really know with Vince. He might suddenly get this notion, if he hasn't already, of going with Lesnar vs. Reigns for SummerSlam, Reigns is obliterated and they spend the time WrestleMania building up some sort of journey towards redemption for Reigns in which Vince wants to try to have him me sort of underdog striving to save WWE from the Beast.

That's something that might be interesting if it was someone who could pull off an underdog role. You know, someone who hasn't already won 3 WWE World Championships, constantly hyped as "the Big Dog", hasn't been in the midst of a consistent 3 year push and, quite probably, retired the Undertaker. The problem is that Vince McMahon can sometimes be blind to such things his guns.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 06-13-2017, 08:16 AM

strangephish is looking to come up from OCW...

Wasn't there talk a little while ago where they wanted Reigns to defeat the Miz and become the Intercontinental champ so that the WM match between him and Lesnar would be Champ vs Champ with Reigns coming out on top similar to Warrior beating Hogan to capture both belts