WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 05-21-2017, 10:05 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default All Hail The Maharaja: Jinder Mahal Is The *NEW* WWE Champion

I honestly never thought I'd ever say or type these words: Jinder Mahal just won the WWE Championship in his match against Randy Orton. Some will rake WWE over the coals for putting the title on Jinder Mahal, no matter how long or brief his title run is, while some will applaud as the SmackDown Live brand continues to have a more "anything can happen" feel to it. Mahal didn't win 100% clean, but the fact that he won period was the surprise; I think most people felt Mahal would put out a solid effort, ultimately lose and then...well I dunno really. Some probably thought his 15 minutes were up and he'd be moving back towards the undercard, some probably thought he'd be established as a solid mid-card guy.

I'm not really sure how I feel about it. Jinder hasn't blown me away over the past month but I haven't disliked what I've seen either. I don't see Jinder as a long reigning champion, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him drop the title at MITB via someone cashing in the MITB briefcase thereby making sort of a threeway title feud between himself, Jinder and Orton.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 10:12 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...

I'm happy that WWE is pushing a new guy but honestly ever since the night he become number one contender, wwe creative and jinder hasn't done anything at all to impress me and show me he is wwe championship material. I honestly found the match boring and was falling asleep until the RKO. We are now either getting Rusev vs jinder or a triple threat at money in the bank. I really hope that that jinder drops it there because I really really want my Orton vs Styles match for the wwe title at summerslam.
Old 05-21-2017, 10:44 PM
Why mail cabbage? Seriously! Why?
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...

The - anything can happen - elements of Smackdown just got amplified to a 100. Here's hoping he's not just a quick transitional champion.
Old 05-21-2017, 11:11 PM
Cena is no Bruno & Cole is no Solie
WWE Women's Champion

stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...

When does WWE have a tour to India? We all know that one BILLION people will go nuts for the Maharaja. Once the India tour is done, Mahal will lose the strap.
Old 05-21-2017, 11:28 PM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
WWF Hardcore Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray11214 View Post
When does WWE have a tour to India? We all know that one BILLION people will go nuts for the Maharaja. Once the India tour is done, Mahal will lose the strap.
It's in September, so I really don't know what is going on. Best bet I can make is that they're building up the ground for Mahal now. Around that time he will probably be facing Cena.
Old 05-21-2017, 11:50 PM

Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Figured he'd win ever since that No.1 Contenders match and I'm glad he did. Worked a decade and a half to get there, and he seized the opportunity. I enjoyed the bout, but I will admit seeing RKO actually not phone in the entire thing was a big part. Randy is top tier when he decides to step it up even just a little outside of his comfort zone. This match did remind me that I wanted to see Dunne vs Orton a while back. The weekend really confirmed that I still very well would love to see that confrontation and match even just as a one off.

Jinder paid his dues more than most realize, and is a good wrestler and overall package. Really deserved, and although the placement of the championship on him was a bit of a convenience thing I won't let it discredit the significance of it in his storied career. Legit underdog and it is great to see him do something big in a big match, with a big opponent. Good stuff, glad he is getting this at where he is now. Don't see where he'll be at in the next 5 years, but this is something that probably should of happened to favor the majority.
Old 05-21-2017, 11:53 PM
My fave wrestler is Dirk Diggler.
WCW TV Champion

Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Spidey #2

Absolutely love that Smackdown is going a new direction. People complain a lot on how they won't push talent, but here we are, 2017, and Jinder Mahal is our new WWE Champion. I'm sure there will be those few elites here that are going to shit all over it because something something Jinder isn't a main eventer cuz he hasn't been in the main event etc. Stupid. This is different. And bold. I think the casual viewer will dig this the most. Can't wait to see what happens now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Kerouac - On The Road
Whither goest thou, America, in thy shiny car in the night?
Old 05-22-2017, 12:31 AM
Fuck erbody but me
X-Division Champion

Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via MSN to Nate DaMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey 2 Tidy View Post
I'm sure there will be those few elites here that are going to shit all over it because something something Jinder isn't a main eventer cuz he hasn't been in the main event etc. Stupid. This is different.
Sweet Straw man there, buddy. Thought you were better than that.

I'm disappointed because Mahal stinks. He's had matches with three of the best workers in the country within the past month and none of them could carry him to anything above average. He's a fairly decent public speaker but his promos are total cookie cutter foreign heel horseshit. Not even a hint of originality.

I'm not opposed to hot-shotting someone to the top. For instance, I was totally for Sheamus getting the title from Cena after being on Raw for about a month or so despite being an unknown entity. The difference here being that the book is already written on Mahal. Juicing doesn't make you a better worker.

I get why they're doing it. I just don't give a shit. Enhancing business in India does fuck all for my viewing pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
I'm not big on the ethnic groups.
Old 05-22-2017, 01:22 AM
My fave wrestler is Dirk Diggler.
WCW TV Champion

Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Spidey #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate DaMac View Post
Sweet Straw man there, buddy. Thought you were better than that.
Not exactly a Straw Man when I'm not distorting the truth. I can show you posts here already labeling Jinder as one of the worst WWE Champs of all time, hours after he won the belt, furthering my point. Even a Review from a Global Mod stating it ruined the whole show. Talk about exaggeration.

I don't care what preconceived notion you've had of me either, really.

Quote:

I'm disappointed because Mahal stinks. He's had matches with three of the best workers in the country within the past month and none of them could carry him to anything above average. He's a fairly decent public speaker but his promos are total cookie cutter foreign heel horseshit. Not even a hint of originality.
There are many former World champions this could be said about, so it's really not as big a deal as fans in the know claim. We gush over B Movie acting here. Perception of skill or originality doesn't matter as much as we think, either. People watching objectively does, and Mahal has a good chance at making people from India, population over a billion, tune in to Smackdown. More than fucking Orton does.

Quote:
I'm not opposed to hot-shotting someone to the top. For instance, I was totally for Sheamus getting the title from Cena after being on Raw for about a month or so despite being an unknown entity. The difference here being that the book is already written on Mahal. Juicing doesn't make you a better worker.
Representing a country of over 1.3 Billion people does though. Bankability is all that really matters.

Quote:
I get why they're doing it. I just don't give a shit. Enhancing business in India does fuck all for my viewing pleasure.

They don't care. You're one person, and Indian fans on social media are expressing interested in this new development. Fans like us are going to be watching regardless, whether or not you give a shit about one guy. Your viewing pleasure means little as long as you're still viewing. And you will be.

There's a small chance ratings could be down on Smackdown due to this. Maybe the show will stink, and will stink until the belt is off Jinder. But it wasn't like Orton was setting fire to Smackdown. They're taking a chance, so I'm staying positive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Kerouac - On The Road
Whither goest thou, America, in thy shiny car in the night?
Old 05-22-2017, 04:51 AM
Yemrez Reqonıc
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray11214 View Post
Aha. What makes you think that one BILLION people will go nuts for Jinder Mahal of all people? It's a wrong assumption. People will go nuts over Roman Reigns in India. And that's a fact because it has happened. Not because I'm saying it. I've talked to bunch of people and surprisingly, none of them is interested in Jinder Mahal. None. That doesn't mean that no one in India is interested. But it certainly signifies something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey 2 Tidy View Post
Absolutely love that Smackdown is going a new direction. People complain a lot on how they won't push talent, but here we are, 2017, and Jinder Mahal is our new WWE Champion. I'm sure there will be those few elites here that are going to shit all over it because something something Jinder isn't a main eventer cuz he hasn't been in the main event etc. Stupid. This is different. And bold. I think the casual viewer will dig this the most. Can't wait to see what happens now.
The bolded part is integral here. How WWE doesn’t push TALENT. Tell me where you see Jinder talented? In the ring or on the mic? It's certainly different but different isn't always right.

It isn't stupid. It's totally inconsistent to being a jobber for one week and becoming the No. 1 contender for the ultimate Championship next week and then winning the title in a month. That's inconsistency. It could be done gradually by first making him a credible midcard wrestler. But straight jobber to World Champion?

Also I've read people saying that he paid his dues. Really? By being a jobber? Should I be ready for Curt Hawkins to win the title? Or Aiden English? In which matter, has Jinder Mahal has impressed to get this big push? No matter.