WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 05-15-2017, 10:26 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default WWE Extreme Rules - Fatal Five Way Extreme Rules Match

Raw GM Kurt Angle opened the show with an announcement that Roman Reigns, Finn Balor, Seth Rollins, Samoa Joe and Bray Wyatt will compete in a Fatal Five Way Extreme Rules Match at the ER ppv with the winner then becoming #1 contender for Brock Lesnar's Universal Championship.

This could be an extremely entertaining match, especially if they don't do something to telegraph the ending and who ultimately wins. For instance, Balor lost his match tonight, so maybe Rollins and Reigns could lose a match next week, followed by Joe & Bray the week after. Just something to give the impression that it's ultimately up for grabs.

As of right now, I think Rollins comes out with the victory and faces Lesnar at Great Balls of Fire, which may well be the stupidest name for any ppv in WWE history. It's all but guaranteed that no matter who wins this match, they won't beat Lesnar at GBOF but if it's the same old same old with Lesnar just decimating the guy with little or no problem, then it paints an oppressively bleak picture for the Universal Championship from now to WrestleMania.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 05:32 AM
Million Dollar Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

This match is pretty much just a way for them to create a sacrificial lamb for Lesnar at the next network special so in this case, it's either going to be finn or bray that's goig to win this match.

If you look at this at all the participant in this match, seth rollins and joe are still in a feud so they are going to take each other out of the match

This match will probably be a way to set up a new feud for reigns by somebody interfering during the match and taking him out of it,

Which leave you with finn balor and bray wyatt which are also in a feud. What I could see happening is finn balor winning this match by beating bray, then at the next show, bray cost finn the championship by distracting finn.

Anyway, it really doesn't matter who win this match because in the end, all they are getting is a match were lesnar will control 90% of the match and sell almost nothing because let's face it, none of these guys have really a shot of winning the title.

Having said that, I just realise, you could have reigns win this and you give reigns a long title reigns and you could still have lesnar vs reigns at mania by saying that lesnar doesn't want his rematch until mania next year.
Old 05-16-2017, 05:40 AM

bjarvis is looking to come up from OCW...bjarvis is looking to come up from OCW...

I was really hoping WWE might down the Lesnar - Wyatt - Balor route.

I'd think it would have been a bloody entertaining match, a match of different styles plus it makes sense.

Wyatt never got his World Title rematch and Balor never got his. Lesnar wins and you can continue the Wyatt-Balor feud.

I see Rollins winning this.
Old 05-16-2017, 06:45 AM
ECW TV Champion

OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...

This should be fun. I'm thinking Balor is probably the favorite here with Wyatt as the x-factor. Rollins is a possibility but I feel like they might want to save that match for a bigger stage like Summerslam or the Rumble. As for Joe, he seems like the least likely option in my opinion (other than Reigns), strictly because he's the one with the weakest claim to a match with Brock at this point.

Either way, I have a strong feeling Lesnar is going to run through whoever he faces with relative ease. The rumored plans for Strowman/Brock were apparently to have Lesnar destroy Strowman in an effort to reclaim some of the dominance he lost in his feud with Goldberg. Just a rumor, but it seems typical of the way Vince and Co. have booked Lesnar since he broke the Streak. I'm inclined to believe it.
Old 05-16-2017, 07:35 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

Kurt Angle's Black Son is looking to come up from OCW...Kurt Angle's Black Son is looking to come up from OCW...Kurt Angle's Black Son is looking to come up from OCW...Kurt Angle's Black Son is looking to come up from OCW...Kurt Angle's Black Son is looking to come up from OCW...Kurt Angle's Black Son is looking to come up from OCW...Kurt Angle's Black Son is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjarvis View Post
I was really hoping WWE might down the Lesnar - Wyatt - Balor route.

I'd think it would have been a bloody entertaining match, a match of different styles plus it makes sense.

Wyatt never got his World Title rematch and Balor never got his. Lesnar wins and you can continue the Wyatt-Balor feud.

I see Rollins winning this.
So basically bury Wyatt more because you wanna see blood? Btw the match would be shitty and nowhere near as good as you think. It'll be Wyatt vs. Orton or Lesnar vs. Orton all over again. Keep Bray FAR away from Brock Lesnar. Let's start pushing Bray Wyatt from here on out.

I suspect Miz will cost Reigns the match after losing the IC Title. This of course would be set up in some way earlier in the night. Wyatt's gonna remove Bálor from the equation, Joe will choke out Bray, Rollins takes out Joe (I wish with a Curb Stomp, which is the only way he's beating Brock.) Seth goes on to take on Brock in the biggest rematch of the last two years. Now I could be wrong but I see Triple H costing Seth the match with Brock to set up SummerSlam as WWE has been teasing that "The Game" wasn't done with Seth.
Old 05-16-2017, 10:25 AM

JVel is looking to come up from OCW...JVel is looking to come up from OCW...

Expecting Balor to win and go on to be the sacrificial lamb.

Rollins and Joe are still working a program and the two will likely end the match by brawling on the outside or over the barricade.

Reigns is going to be kept strong and sure as well won't be fed to Lesnar or run a program with Lesnar at all until something like Wrestlemania. He'll either be knocked out outside or someone interfering to keep him busy until Strowman is back.

This leaves Wyatt and Balor. I don't see much money in Wyatt-Lesnar and it takes the focus off the Wyatt-Balor feud since Wyatt is antagonizing Balor nonstop. Balor will end up picking up the win over Wyatt, get antagonized by Wyatt more in upcoming weeks, then possibly interfere in his match with Lesnar with the lights going out or something hokey. This would let them feed Balor to Lesnar, keep Balor looking strong, and continue the program with Wyatt all in one go.

Sadly this isn't even like armchair booking. This is directly following WWEs standard formula and really the only logical path that makes sense...so it's easy to predict.
Old 05-16-2017, 11:57 AM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

Reigns has to win, right? The other four areally involved in feuds with each other. If they win then they're on hold for a month at least.
Old 05-16-2017, 12:13 PM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
United States Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

This match has MOTY candidate written all over it. All five guys have something to prove to either the fans or WWE brass. The wrestler that gets the best reaction may even be the one to get the SummerSlam main event. Throw in the "extreme" stip and I expect these guys to basically kill themselves for our entertainment.
GSB Observation #8675309 - I've never seen Samoa Joe and Manny from Modern Family in the same room at the same time, coincidence?
Old 05-16-2017, 03:13 PM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
WWF Hardcore Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...

They should scrap Wyatt vs Balor for now.
Let's see..
Rollins and Reigns should stay protected for the time being, after beating Triple H and The Undertaker at Wrestlemania. In fact, I don't understand why they're still on the same show, but anyways.

Wyatt and Joe are like jokes right now. Getting destroyed by Lesnar doesn't really help.

Finn Balor is my pick. Finn Balor with help from The Club.
Then bring me Balor Club vs Brock Lesnar for the summer.

Demon King vs The Beast is a great Summerslam main event.
Old 05-17-2017, 06:46 AM
I Am Jericho
WWE Diva's Champion

The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Part of me felt that this was just a screwy way to find a number one contender, but now I've really thought about it, I really like this match. The extreme stipulation truly means nothing because fatal five-way rules means there are no disqualifications anyway. But they'll exercise that stipulation to the limit I think. Five very different and unique talents could really make something special. They'll hopefully be given the sufficient time to work and it'll be a great way to find a "deserving" contender to Brock Lesnar.

My only issue is that there are two or three guys in this match who desperately need a pay-per-view win, but they're the ones most likely to lose. Bray Wyatt, Samoa Joe, and to an extent Finn Bálor, who should look to re-establish himself after his absence. In reality, I only see Bálor as a realistic choice here. Joe and Wyatt would mesh great with Lesnar, but where they are at right now, I doubt it happens. The extreme stipulations and fact that only one guy needs to be pinned means you could have, say, Reigns pin Rollins, and that would be the best way to do it.

This match also helps continue some feuds and allow new ones to begin. Delaying the inevitable match between Bálor and Wyatt is perfectly okay. They're busy doing business here and their feud can come later. Not everything has to happen at once and I like that.

As for who wins, I don't actually know. You would think Roman Reigns, but surely not. After all, if they want him and Lesnar for WrestleMania, why throw that opportunity away at Great Balls of fucking Fire? Great Balls. Of Fire. Man alive. Anyway, if it's presumably not Reigns for now... Rollins? But is his feud over with Joe? It doesn't seem that way? Unless he pins Joe to win this match, there's no resolute ending. Wyatt? He's been champion this year, but look at how that turned out. That leaves Bálor. It could be great. it might not. But to have this match result in a one sided affair with Lesnar would be a joke, regardless of who it is.