WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 05-15-2017, 04:31 AM
what the fuck is a
WCW TV Champion

Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Default The Randy Orton (...dive) Controversy

Quote:
Randy Orton is the latest star to chime in on the recent “….dive” fiasco that’s been making its way around the internet – a discussion he essentially lit a fire under after re-tweeting a post by veteran wrestler and trainer Rip Rogers.

Here’s the original message that was sent into Rogers:

“Every Indy match now: handshake, drawn out move exchange, this is awesome chant, strike exchange, dive no sell Indy strongstyle, dive, more strikes, no sells, dive, flippy floppy sequence, dive, hit everyone with each other’s finisher then Humpty Dumpty we all fall down. Fight forever chant, rinse and repeat until every move is useless and means nothing, dive, take unsafe shot that looks like shit and hurts like hell then roll up finish. Hand shake and hug after match. Everyone’s hands raised. All these guys chant. Go home and type on social media thanking your opponents and company for the match and telling others they should book these guys. ……………dive.”

Orton then re-tweeted the message adding simply, “…..dive”.

So the latest round of fires being lit in the indie camps are by Senor Randall Orton. Never one to shy away from a stiff statement, Orton tweeted the following and got a ton of response, a good chunk from a slew of indie guys and TJP who put it eloquently:

Quote:
“The irony of proud magicians exposing bad magicians to non-magicians by explaining why the magic is fake” with the caption, “Pride is a funny thing…”
Now Randy did decide to "apologize"...

Quote:
“Sorry to the indy marks, indy guys and old timers who do DIVES [that] took offense. Just having a good time over a few drinks in Denmark closing the Smackdown Live tour, while beating Raw in making over 5 million dollars in the last 11 shows. Now I know to some that doesn’t equate to a standing room only crowd of 150 people paying $8 at an armory somewhere, but in the big boy world that’s called putting asses in seats. So enjoy your flips, dives, and 20 superkicks per match. To each their own. I will go ‘dive’ back into my 13th title run and get ready to ‘flip’ when my bank statement comes this month. …..headlock”.

Oh my, Randy is interesting again.
Old 05-15-2017, 05:01 AM
Where it at doe?
ROH Pure Champion

Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Oh that's gold. Definitely a solid tweet by TJP and is 100% true but I kinda side with Orton here. Some of the Indy scene is just a joke in the way matches play out. How can you take like a superkick, a German and some neck breaker or ddt move, while doing a move in between each of his opponents moves making the whole sequence go for 10 seconds, and no sell but then stay down for 5x longer from a punch. It can sometimes look cool but it's just taking away half of what wrestling is about and that's psychology. To be fair that's the way crowds like it but WWE are also the best wrestling business in the world and they use more of a traditional style.

It is hard to knock something that is fake but the time I enjoyed wrestling the most was when I was a kid and didn't know it was real and I just feel it takes away any sort of legitimacy that wrestling could pretend to have (this is under the assumption kids don't watch the network shows that kill kayfabe... which is all of them). Sure kids most probably won't know the difference at the start, but I'm sure they'll figure it out slot sooner than any of us did. That might only be a slight knock to some but it's big to me, no psychology for these "fight forever" matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacistHulkHogan View Post
Khalifa tears dude. Tears flowing daddy. Only love. HH

Last edited by Khalifa : 05-15-2017 at 05:03 AM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 05:22 AM
WWE Women's Champion

Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...

But "headlock". In WCW time Scott Hall approached cruiserweights after their match and said "Boys, I am getting there and get bigger pop then you with just a headlock". So nice reference Randy.

Its different platforms. You already have whole WWE machine supporting you while in indy scene you need to do flips and dives for bunch of smarks in high school gym so you could maybe one day have that WWE machine supporting you. Equivalent of that is some theater troop that goes from town to town making plays. And Broadway where your ability is actually widely respected. But can understand Randy, I am sure IWC is giving him lot of hard time even though he is certified future HoF and one of(if not maybe the best) technical wrestlers in biggest company in the world.
Old 05-15-2017, 05:24 AM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

Yeah, but Orton is also guilty of no selling finishers and overselling insignificant moves. Everybody in WWE is.

He seems a bit late to the debate.
Old 05-15-2017, 05:33 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...

Is Orton jealous that those Indy guys put on more entertaining matches than he has in nearly a decade? Guys like Will Osprey deserve that kind of criticism, because he has some of the worst psychology I've seen in a wrestler. The Young Bucks make more money than nearly half of what the WWE roster does, so to practically say you can't make money or draw good attendances in the indies is bullshit and arrogant. Rip Rogers just sounds like some bitter old guy that wishes he could have entertained fans.

Last edited by JoeMallard : 05-15-2017 at 05:38 AM.
Old 05-15-2017, 06:43 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...

To me, it's like the constant debates between different musical genres - some people like the "flippy sh*t", others favour the more methodical, technical style.

Personally, I like the mix of the two - for example on of my favourite matches is Bret Hart v Shawn Michaels from Survivor Series 1992, a nice blend of technical and high flying; it's also why DIY v the Revival worked so well, and their match at NXT Takeover: Toronto was one of the matches of last year.

i do agree with something mentioned earlier: the high impact moves becoming meaningless is annoying - but Orton is a culpable for that as anyone, his hangmans DDT (which is my least favourite move in wrestling) SHOULD be enough to finish someone off, but Orton uses it as nothing more than a signature move. I would rather he chose an alternative.

On a similar note, I went to a Dragon Gate USA card in Phoenix days before Wrestlemania 26; the matches were generally quite good (the likes of Brian Kendrick, Paul London, Dean Ambrose and the Young Bucks all had matches), but the thing that struck me with a lot of them was that they were full of big moves that didn't win, only to end matches on roll-ups or basic moves, which kind of made it feel flat.

Ultimately, there of course is a huge place for Indy wrestling - it's where 90% of wrestlers hone their craft, most aren't lucky like Orton to be born into it.

Or maybe it's just a big angle - Vader fought Ospreay last year, perhaps this is an early teaser for Orton's next feud after Jinder Mahal. The main event of Money in the Bank, for the WWE Championship: Randy Orton versus... TJP...
Old 05-15-2017, 06:46 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...

2 questions...
1) why comment on the topic. You are in wwe and people are in the indies. Why are you commentating on something that is obviously going to upset people
2) why make a sarcastic apology. For a professional person in a high position in a major company. Why not end the discussion by being a grown up and saying "I apologize for comment, thank you all wrestling fans for their undying passion".
Old 05-15-2017, 06:56 AM
The current reigning and defending
Undisputed WWE Champion

Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOOZEKING View Post
2 questions...
1) why comment on the topic. You are in wwe and people are in the indies. Why are you commentating on something that is obviously going to upset people
2) why make a sarcastic apology. For a professional person in a high position in a major company. Why not end the discussion by being a grown up and saying "I apologize for comment, thank you all wrestling fans for their undying passion".
Because he's Randy Orton and he don't give a fuuuuuck!

Seriously though, I think there is a place in wrestling for all these different types of wrestlers/matches. They all have their fanbase, and if you don't like a particular style, just don't watch it. There's plenty of fans that do.

IT'S A DILAPIDATED BOAT!!!
Old 05-15-2017, 07:01 AM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMallard View Post
Is Orton jealous that those Indy guys put on more entertaining matches than he has in nearly a decade? Guys like Will Osprey deserve that kind of criticism, because he has some of the worst psychology I've seen in a wrestler. The Young Bucks make more money than nearly half of what the WWE roster does, so to practically say you can't make money or draw good attendances in the indies is bullshit and arrogant. Rip Rogers just sounds like some bitter old guy that wishes he could have entertained fans.
Orton has no reason to be jealous of anyone on the indy scene as he's had the sort of career and career success that anyone would want. Also, you have to take into account that the mindlessness of a good deal of indy matches might not necessarily be all that entertaining. While it's true the Young Bucks have found their way to a level of success almost unheard of on the indy scene, they're the exception rather than the rule. The vast majority of indy companies are companies that might wrestle in front of 150 or so people, if they're fortunate, paying $8 each while the formula Orton mentioned regarding indy matches is pretty consistent with most indy matches I've seen. Orton might be arrogant and a prick, but he's pretty much right and the fact that he's such an asshole and has made such good points is what makes some people mad. If Daniel Bryan or Seth Rollins had said this, nobody'd say boo about it and a lot of smarks would be coming out of the woodwork to wholeheartedly agree with them.

I think the most entertaining matches are some that have a mix of the more methodical style along with an increase in pace and more high impact stuff as things move along. In WWE, that's pretty much what happens much of the time and I admit that it does sometimes get old but look at the alternative. With WWE's schedule, guys adopting the indy formula would burn themselves out within a year. Using Will Ospreay as an example, if he signed with WWE tomorrow, he'd spend time in NXT learning how to tell a story, learning how to use psychology during a match while cutting back on the high spots so that he might not have to have knee replacements before he's 30.

But I don't put fans down for liking the indy style, more power to 'em if that's what they're into. People on the indy scene, however, talk shit about WWE all the time and I do think it's kinda cool that someone so prominent and with such a memorable career has called the indy scene as a whole on some of its own shit.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 05-15-2017, 07:02 AM
ECW TV Champion

OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...

Orton's kind of a huge dick, but he's never claimed to be anything different. Still, this is hilarious. I don't really care one way or the other but it's funny to me to see multiple fake wrestlers argue over the best way to fake wrestle.

It's really simple. If you don't like "indy-style" wrestling, don't watch it. If you don't like WWE style wrestling, don't watch it. The competition that exists between which style of wrestling is "realer" is ridiculous.

Last edited by OYDK : 05-15-2017 at 07:05 AM.