WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 05-11-2017, 06:12 AM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default Roman Reigns' Next Feud Pushed Up?

A report via wrestlinginc.com states that Roman Reigns' next scheduled feud is against the Miz and that the program is being pushed forward since Braun Strowman is out injured. According to the report, the original plans called for Reigns to take on Strowman at Extreme Rules in an Ambulance Match with Strowman picking up the win before moving onward to a program with Brock Lesnar over the Universal Championship. The report also mentions that there's no confirmed word one way or the other as to if this feud will involve the Intercontinental Championship; Miz is set to face Dean Ambrose for the title on Raw this Monday and it will be his 7th title IC title run if he's victorious. There's talk, of course, of possibly putting the title on Reigns to help with his build towards his projected Universal Championship clash with Brock Lesnar next year as winning the Intercontinental Championship would make the Universal Championship the only title Reigns hasn't captured, minus the Cruiserweight Championship, of course, but that's not really an issue for the simple fact that Reigns isn't dropping 50 lbs. to go for it.

Reigns and Miz could have a strong feud, Miz has been doing the best work of his career over the last 16 months or so and his time as IC champ last year was the most entertaining title in the title's history over the past several years. One potential flaw is that Reigns may be perceived as simply being too big of a challenge for Miz immediately, but that's something that could be changed if Miz manages to win at least one match during their feud. I wouldn't mind seeing Miz win the Intercontinental Championship again, though I'm not sure if I'd prefer someone like Rollins or Balor to win the title instead of Reigns. I think Rollins or Balor would be treated well as champion but, then again, so would Reigns. While Roman Reigns as Intercontinental Champion would almost certainly result in a strong reign, you'd have to wonder if WWE would go for an "Ultimate Challenge" sort of scenario regarding Lesnar & Reigns for WrestleMania next year. For WrestleMania VI, we had Hogan vs. the Ultimate Warrior for the WWE Championship while Warrior was still Intercontinental Champion and, as we all know, Warrior became the first simultaneous WWE World and Intercontinental Champion. I could see them going that same route with Roman Reigns. If the report is true in regards to Reigns ultimately losing to Braun Strowman before Strowman's injury, then it gives me a bit of comfort really in that it suggests that Reigns may not just simply steamroll everyone he's up against between now at WrestleMania 34.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 06:19 AM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

Eh, what? The Miz? He's had a great year and even though he's not long come off a feud with Cena, he is not a credible opponent for Reigns. The Miz isn't somebody who needs the rub.

If the idea is to just give Reigns something to do at Extreme Rules then fine, but this should be a one show feud and he should win fairly quickly and easily.
Old 05-11-2017, 07:09 AM
I Am Jericho
WWE Diva's Champion

The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...

To be honest I think this is a feud I can get behind. The problem is, it might be counter-productive to what WWE is trying to do. Putting the Intercontinental Championship on Roman Reigns would be interesting, but can you imagine the promos that Miz would deliver on Reigns? Nobody would be cheering Reigns, surely not. Just like Miz was able to do with Cena, this could very much go in the way of The Miz, but then ultimately, I presume, Miz would lose the overall feud. Not that Miz needs the rub, but a victory of some sort over Reigns would benefit his overall win/loss record against the much bigger stars.

If it's just a place filler until Braun Strowman returns, that is also fine. Miz and Reigns would be unexpected and should be quite entertaining, but we shall see. I agree with you in that, if the original plans were for Strowman to go over Reigns, then we won't get the big build into WrestleMania that we all fear.

On a side note, the whole "ultimate challenge" thing for WrestleMania 34 is certainly plausible. It wouldn't surprise me one bit. My only real issue with including the Intercontinental Championship there would be that, like with when Reigns was United States Champion, would it be forgotten? I certainly hope not. But that isn't relevant until he does or does not become champion.
Old 05-11-2017, 08:37 AM
Excellence of Execution
Undisputed WWE Champion

Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...

A long feud with Miz and Reigns would not be good for Reigns. The biggest weakness in his game is mic work and putting him against someone who is fairly good on the stick in the Miz would only further expose that weakness.

As others have said, a quick (perhaps one-off) match to fill in at a show would likely be fine. But a long feud would be hard on him.
Old 05-11-2017, 08:39 AM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
WWF Hardcore Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...

Let the feud between Miz and Ambrose fisrt start.. Let it end naturally at Extreme Rules, like it was supposed to end. Until Miz is free, give Reigns a filler feud.

Rhyno is on RAW as well. Rhyno vs Reigns in a Falls Count Anywhere match could work for now. Mark Henry is also on RAW. Why do they need to push the Miz into Reigns so fast?

EDIT: Those saying that Reigns shouldn't face the Miz because of his mic work. Just, don't. Reigns has been pushed as the face of the company for 2 years now. I say it's about time he stops getting protected. If he can't hang with the Miz then it's his fault.

Last edited by Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. : 05-11-2017 at 08:41 AM.
Old 05-11-2017, 08:52 AM
Excellence of Execution
Undisputed WWE Champion

Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. View Post
EDIT: Those saying that Reigns shouldn't face the Miz because of his mic work. Just, don't. Reigns has been pushed as the face of the company for 2 years now. I say it's about time he stops getting protected. If he can't hang with the Miz then it's his fault.
Why do you think the WWE cares about whose fault it is? The WWE cares about money and Roman Reigns is bringing it in. Exposing weaknesses in his game costs the WWE money.

So, those saying voicing concerns about mic work should stop...Just, don't. You clearly don't seem to understand the point of pro wrestling.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:01 AM
Yemrez Reqonıc
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I'm interested.

Just to see how Roman Reigns fares on the mic with The Miz. The Miz is one of the best mic workers in the current roster and Reigns "talking" with him will showcase if Reigns has improved or not. He has improved but how much? That'll be proven if Reigns actually has a promo battle with The Miz. And if he doesn't fare well, then it's indeed his fault. He's gotten a lot of exposure, time and opportunities to improve. So if he's good then it's his accomplishment but if he isn't then also it's his own fault.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:48 AM
Not really working as a
WWE Diva's Champion

Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...

I am really intrigued by this. The Miz has been by far the most entertaining part of WWE, for me at least. Roman Reigns has been one of the most consistent workers (Top 3 at least) and it's rare a Reigns's match that bores me. In that aspect, I believe that this feud has a lot of potential.

I agree with Slyfox about Reigns's weakness being more exposed in a promo battle against The Awesome One. Finn Balor is proof of that. As much as the guy is good in the ring and is being pushed to go over Miz easily, the truth is that The Miz was the one who gained something with their mini-feud. While Balor really lost some supporters who were trying to give him a chance.

However, I can see Miz and Reigns having a long feud. Reigns is no Cena on the mic, but he is no Finn Balor either. He's alright now and his attitude more than makes up for what he lacks in his delivery. All in all, I just know that I really want to see this. It may be shit and forgetfull or it may be really good.

It's Damn Real
Old 05-11-2017, 11:13 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...

Not sure this feud makes sense??? Crowd will be probably way over with Miz as seen with his recent feud with Cena. I think it would've made sense to work him with Samoa Joe more so then Miz. It just makes more sense. Have Joe defeat Rollins to put an end to that feud and then go forward with Joe vs. Reigns that would make more sense. Miz will kill Reigns in the promos!!!
Old 05-11-2017, 11:24 AM
Let me show ya somethin!!!
Million Dollar Champion

Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...

If they use Reigns properly on the mic, it'll go fine. He's more of a power guy and billed as such. It makes no sense, character-wise, for him to be cutting long-winded promos. Miz, Jericho, Punk, etc. Those are the kinds of characters who fit long promos. Let Miz do most of the talking. Reigns can pretty much say "I'll kick your butt if you try anything." The end.

There are obvious exceptions, but they should be few and far between.