WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: When will we see a New WWE World Championship Title Belt??
2018 0 0%
2019 1 5.26%
2020 3 15.79%
Beyond 2020 13 68.42%
No Chance In Hell!! 2 10.53%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-17-2017, 01:08 AM
K. O. T. R. 2007 Team Undisputed
Mr. Money in the Bank

King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Default When will we see a New WWE World Championship Title Belt??

With the current design of Smackdown's top prize being thee WWE logo, with just a thin border of gold and stones around it, when do you think the WWE will create and instate the next version of the WWE World Heavyweight Championship Title Belt??

Will they ever change it??

Will it end up on Raw, with the Universal Championship Title Belt getting a Blue strap??

Will it be a SuperStar big enough to appear on WWE TV with a completely customized strap??

Does anyone know how many different designs were made??

I don't care if you know!! I don't care if you care!!
sendpm.gif
Old 05-17-2017, 05:52 AM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

Will they ever change it??

They might at some point down the road. Hasn't this belt only been around for a couple of years now, and most of them are following the same pattern with different coloured straps and whatnot. Belts from what I understand are expensive to design and make so it might be awhile before we see a new one.

Will it end up on Raw, with the Universal Championship Title Belt getting a Blue strap??

It could happen, maybe with the next superstar shakeup you never know. I think the belt will stay with whatever brand Cena is on until he either retires or breaks the record.

Will it be a SuperStar big enough to appear on WWE TV with a completely customized strap??

Really don't want to see another hideous belt like the one Jeff Hardy had in TNA, so no. The belts should remain generic, mind you if there is money to be made in customized belts, Vince would be all for it.

Does anyone know how many different designs were made??

I'm not really into belts like some are, no idea.
Old 05-17-2017, 06:34 AM
I Am Jericho
WWE Diva's Champion

The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...

The current design is fit for purpose. I suppose it could be blue, but that would look worse than red. Though to be honest, I kinda don't mind the Universal Championship anymore. Anyway, we had the spinner belt for what, 12 years? This belt will have some mileage to it I'm sure. I doubt they'll be changing the design, even if it's to make sure people know it's on SmackDown. I don't want it change either really. I quite like it.

Somewhere down the road the belts will likely switch. The World Heavyweight Championship and WWE Championship switched numerous times, but I don't think they should have switched as frequently. It should only be a rarity, a big occasion, a shock. Still, I think WWE should just concentrate on who has the belt rather than where it is at. It needs to be important no matter where either belt is and right now they don't seem very important, so that should be addressed before any brand switches happen.

And no. Please, no. No more custom belts. Some have been okay, and okay at best. Stone Cold Steve Austin's looked amazing, but it didn't make me think "World Champion". No star should be bigger than the top prize (unless you're on Taker's level) so why customise it?
sendpm.gif
Old 05-17-2017, 07:37 AM
YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

It won't be anytime soon, and when I say that I mean it'll be at least 5 years. The only chance I see of it happening sooner is if Vince steps down as CEO of WWE by which I think every title on the roster will get a facelift. Whether or not they go with the idea of keeping the same design for the main event, women's and tag titles is anybody's guess.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif
Old 05-17-2017, 09:19 AM
WWF Hardcore Champion

Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I don't expect another belt shakeup until the brand split dies in a few years.

Like, 2025 or so.

I expect a bunch of unification matches, then we go back to real titles instead of barbie fashion titles.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-17-2017, 09:24 AM
Jerichoholic since 1997
WWE Diva's Champion

akathelaw is looking to come up from OCW...akathelaw is looking to come up from OCW...akathelaw is looking to come up from OCW...akathelaw is looking to come up from OCW...akathelaw is looking to come up from OCW...

I like the current designs for the title belts. The US title is due for an update, but the rest are all pretty new and I like them all. I think WWE should keep the current title belt designs for as long as possible. like, 20 years from now would be a good time for a title belt overhaul.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-17-2017, 12:12 PM
K. O. T. R. 2007 Team Undisputed
Mr. Money in the Bank

King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I don't think the WWE World Heavyweight Championship Title Belt will ever change.

I could see Raw and Smackdown trading their respective top Championship Title Belts some time in the future. The Universal Championship Title Belt could look good in blue.

At this point in time, the only SuperStar big enough to have his own custom Championship Title Belt is John Cena. I could actually picture him bringing back the Spinner during his 17th reign, as a Heel of course. If John Cena won the Universal Championship Title Belt, would you count that as number 17??

I, myself, don't know how many different WWE World Heavyweight Championship Title Belt designs have been used. I think it's around 12.

I don't care if you know!! I don't care if you care!!
sendpm.gif
Old 05-17-2017, 02:01 PM
Natural 20 G-Mod
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

I don't see it changing anytime soon unless they add a blue strap. As awesome as a blue version of the Universal Championship would be, I would rather they keep it on Raw with the red strap. I am not against a blue strap however whether it be for the World Heavyweight or the Universal Championship. The one they have now is pretty cool looking so there is no need to fix what isn't broken. It took some time to grow on me though I really like the current design. I am also in the minority in that I like how the World Heavyweight, Universal, Raw Women's, and Smackdown Women's are all the same design with different color schemes.

There will not likely be another custom belt. There is no need to because they have custom side plates now. This is a much better idea than the custom belts themselves were. Some like the Rated R Spinner and the Smoking Skull are cool. Others like Jeff Hardy's Immortal Championship are horrendous. The side plates being customized has essentially made it to where another ugly custom belt might never happen in the foreseeable future. As for how many designs there have been, it depends on if you count the custom ones. If not then there have been at least four major designs. Winged Eagle, Undisputed, Spinner, and the one we currently have.

Last but not least, to answer your other question Patrick, yes. John Cena would have won his 17th World Championship if he wins the Universal Championship. Despite the silly name it is Raw's top prize within kayfabe. Great topic.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-18-2017, 03:59 AM

JGP23 is looking to come up from OCW...

I wouldn't be surprised if they changed the design sooner than we think. Even if it's just a tweak like adding blue to the WWE title to mirror the Universal title. That or scrap both designs for something that's actually good!? Attitude Era style WWF title for one show, Undisputed title styled belt for the other.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-18-2017, 04:15 AM
ROH Pure Champion

shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by akathelaw View Post
I like the current designs for the title belts. The US title is due for an update, but the rest are all pretty new and I like them all. I think WWE should keep the current title belt designs for as long as possible. like, 20 years from now would be a good time for a title belt overhaul.
While I like the side plates being interchangeable I disagree with the design as awhole. Granted it's better than the Spinner Belt but the Championship Belt designs feel more like Corporate Branding than a traditional Championship Belt. If feels more like you are representing a company or brand rather than being the Heavyweight Champion of the World, and the latter, I would think, has more prestige.

Problem also is belts are too similar, the Women and Men's World Titles all look the same. How do you expect fans to differentiate between RAW and Smackdown! you do things that make them identical?
sendpm.gif