WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE NXT
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-30-2017, 12:02 PM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Default Asuka passes Goldberg's undefeated streak record; 174-0 now.

So we all remember Goldberg going 173-0 in his undefeated streak in WCW. That number has always been regarded as somewhat inflated.

But Asuka has now passed the official record of 173-0. Legitimate number is supposed to be near 155 so she has passed it both legitimately and officially. She hasn't been pinned or submitted in 174 matches since joining NXT.

Well, I never expected Asuka to have such long undefeated stint in NXT. But it was entertaining nonetheless and I think that she might have retained her title at TakeOver: Orlando just to officially pass this record.

Now that it has passed the record, I doubt if she'll ever lose in NXT. Maybe get a call-up like Paige and relinquish the title or lose indirectly in a match where she doesn't need to be pinned to get the title off her.
Old 04-30-2017, 01:46 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

ilapierre is looking to come up from OCW...ilapierre is looking to come up from OCW...ilapierre is looking to come up from OCW...ilapierre is looking to come up from OCW...

Yeah...but..women are inferior to men..always have been, always will be.

Plus, NXT is small potatoes. This is the worst main event WWE era ever. And NXT is the minor leagues to that.

Goldberg went 173-0 against the best competition in the history of the business.

And also...barely anyone watches NXT. The rating is under1. WCW was pulling in record breaking ratings upwards of 5 or 6.

So whatever Asuka did will only be remembered by a minority of blowhards who take women's wrestling seriously..

Last edited by ilapierre : 04-30-2017 at 01:48 PM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 02:11 PM
NaNoWriMo'17 50,000 words in 30days
WWE European Champion

Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank N Steins_Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilapierre View Post
Yeah...but..women are inferior to men..always have been, always will be.
it's nice to know sexism is alive and well in the world, scumbag
Quote:
Plus, NXT is small potatoes. This is the worst main event WWE era ever. And NXT is the minor leagues to that.
why?
Quote:
Goldberg went 173-0 against the best competition in the history of the business.
WcW changed the number so much I doubt he actually went 173-0
Quote:
And also...barely anyone watches NXT. The rating is under1. WCW was pulling in record breaking ratings upwards of 5 or 6.
NxT is on the Network while WcW was the biggest wrestling company during a big chunk of the 90s. comparing the 2 is unfair and bullshit
Quote:
So whatever Asuka did will only be remembered by a minority of blowhards who take women's wrestling seriously..
No it will be remembered by a lot of people. Not everyone is as sexist as you. Don't bother responding as you're going on my ignore list so I won't be seeing anything you say.

As for Asuka beating Goldberg's record I think that's pretty cool. She does need to lose sometime though and whoever beats her will have a rather huge feather in their cap.
Old 04-30-2017, 02:55 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Not sure if that one dude is serious or not. Every time I think someone on the internet is joking I usually see something on par with it attempting to be taken seriously. The stupidity that overshadows any reasonable or logical thinking in pro-wrestling is way too vast. Easier just to take a glance and take it for what it is worth in comedy. It is always disappointing to be reminded whether it be joking or not some idiot actually thought that out and that they aren't alone.

Anyway.. I just want to say it's super awesome to see people like Nakamura and her on WWE TV. I never really grew up with the company, and when I did have it available it was during a time where I didn't like any male wrestler maybe outside of Edge and a few others. There was no one I could relate to or even find interest in, and that really sucked. Now to see people I have not just nostalgia love, but can also relate to on WWE programming means a lot to me. I think I take it for granted a lot of the time, but it melts my heart to see Asuka on a major English oriented wrestling platform doing this stuff.

Love her to death, and I am glad she beat the record. Also Goldberg will still hold that ridiculously impressive accolade and be recognized for it. It's not like people are going to trash Demolition, because New Day broke their tag reign or anything. He is fine with it, and It went to good hands. Hands a lot better than his in regards to pro-wrestling in a ring.
Old 04-30-2017, 03:34 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Rulk25 is looking to come up from OCW...Rulk25 is looking to come up from OCW...

The best REALLY? almost 50% of that streak was against grade A Jobbers.....The type that even Nia Jax could beat
Lets look at an illustrious list of
Scotty Riggs, Mike Anthony, The Renegade, Steveie Ray, Barry Horowitz, Mongo, Kendall Windham, Jim Powers, Mark Starr, Buddy lee Parker, Virgil, Chase Tatum, Glacier, Lodi, Hammer, Sick Boy, Wayne Bloom, Mike Enos, etc...As a matter of fact before defeating Raven for the US belt the only significant wins under his belt were vs Meng, Regal and Big Boss Man..
Quote:

Old 04-30-2017, 03:44 PM
Anti-Christ of Pro Wrestling
WWE Diva's Champion

Charismatic Enigma is looking to come up from OCW...Charismatic Enigma is looking to come up from OCW...Charismatic Enigma is looking to come up from OCW...Charismatic Enigma is looking to come up from OCW...Charismatic Enigma is looking to come up from OCW...Charismatic Enigma is looking to come up from OCW...Charismatic Enigma is looking to come up from OCW...Charismatic Enigma is looking to come up from OCW...

The biggest problem with Asuka at this point, is after a build this strong, what do you do with her? There isn't anyone in NXT, or on the horizon, that have been booked strong enough to take the title from her in any kind of believable fashion.

I really thought Daria Berenato was on the path to being the one, she had a great look, a cool gimmick, and a believability from her MMA background, but from what I understand they've now taken all of that away from her and repackaged her with a new gimmick and name (Sonya Deville).

At this point I think the best option is to just call her up, and have her relinquish the title, but if she does that then it would be absurd to have her job to any of the main roster women anytime in the near future. They've kinda booked themselves into a corner, the same way WCW did with Goldberg, when you build anyone this big, however the streak ends will never seem like it was the right way to do it.
Old 04-30-2017, 03:45 PM
I Am Jericho
WWE Diva's Champion

The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I've had a run in with that guy above, nobody take him seriously.

As for Asuka, I'm mixed with my opinion on this. Don't get me wrong, I think that it's absolutely fantastic that she's achieved such a feat. It's not something that has been done before with the women and whoever beats her from now on, especially the first person to beat her, will get a massive, massive rub.

Problem for me is... the competition hasn't always been THAT great. It's been great in places (Bayley, Mickie James and Ember Moon, for instance), but at others times it's been so-so. Perhaps that's just me being a little jaded because of the history of women that have come through NXT. When you think at one time we had Charlotte Flair, Sasha Banks, Bayley and Becky Lynch, among others, there is a massive comparison that can be made. Having said all of that, Asuka is a fantastic talent and she has a mystique to her that's very captivating. She has a character unlike many women before her, if any, and so this streak of hers is definitely something that has set her apart from most.

She will eventually lose in NXT. She kinda has to. It would be a waste to just have her vacate the title if she moves up to the main roster. Let her lose it to someone that deserves that spot as the main woman in NXT. It'll do wonders. But that in itself is a problem. Who? I really thought it would be Ember Moon, but maybe not. We shall see. For now, the streak lives! At least one still does.
Old 04-30-2017, 09:15 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

ilapierre is looking to come up from OCW...ilapierre is looking to come up from OCW...ilapierre is looking to come up from OCW...ilapierre is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pika View Post
Not sure if that one dude is serious or not. Every time I think someone on the internet is joking I usually see something on par with it attempting to be taken seriously. The stupidity that overshadows any reasonable or logical thinking in pro-wrestling is way too vast. Easier just to take a glance and take it for what it is worth in comedy. It is always disappointing to be reminded whether it be joking or not some idiot actually thought that out and that they aren't alone.

Anyway.. I just want to say it's super awesome to see people like Nakamura and her on WWE TV. I never really grew up with the company, and when I did have it available it was during a time where I didn't like any male wrestler maybe outside of Edge and a few others. There was no one I could relate to or even find interest in, and that really sucked. Now to see people I have not just nostalgia love, but can also relate to on WWE programming means a lot to me. I think I take it for granted a lot of the time, but it melts my heart to see Asuka on a major English oriented wrestling platform doing this stuff.

Love her to death, and I am glad she beat the record. Also Goldberg will still hold that ridiculously impressive accolade and be recognized for it. It's not like people are going to trash Demolition, because New Day broke their tag reign or anything. He is fine with it, and It went to good hands. Hands a lot better than his in regards to pro-wrestling in a ring.
Ahh so good on you to realize I was being silly. Half silly anyway. People thesedays take themselves and their opinions far too seriously. And especially when it comes to something politically correct like anything that sounds degrading of women. I love women. But they are a side show when it comes to the big league main event stuff. I was not kidding about that.

Asuka's record is a big deal to the very few people who care. Like it or not (I'm just being objective here), but if Asuka was a man instead then the record would be a far bigger deal. That's not my fault. That's the way it is.
Old 04-30-2017, 09:18 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max220298 View Post
I've had a run in with that guy above, nobody take him seriously.

As for Asuka, I'm mixed with my opinion on this. Don't get me wrong, I think that it's absolutely fantastic that she's achieved such a feat. It's not something that has been done before with the women and whoever beats her from now on, especially the first person to beat her, will get a massive, massive rub.

Problem for me is... the competition hasn't always been THAT great. It's been great in places (Bayley, Mickie James and Ember Moon, for instance), but at others times it's been so-so. Perhaps that's just me being a little jaded because of the history of women that have come through NXT. When you think at one time we had Charlotte Flair, Sasha Banks, Bayley and Becky Lynch, among others, there is a massive comparison that can be made. Having said all of that, Asuka is a fantastic talent and she has a mystique to her that's very captivating. She has a character unlike many women before her, if any, and so this streak of hers is definitely something that has set her apart from most.

She will eventually lose in NXT. She kinda has to. It would be a waste to just have her vacate the title if she moves up to the main roster. Let her lose it to someone that deserves that spot as the main woman in NXT. It'll do wonders. But that in itself is a problem. Who? I really thought it would be Ember Moon, but maybe not. We shall see. For now, the streak lives! At least one still does.
You and I have never had a run in before bud. Nobody has to take me seriously either because I was kidding. However, women's wrestling is like midget wrestling. It's going to be taken even less seriously than I'm being taken here.

Last edited by ilapierre : 04-30-2017 at 09:22 PM.
Old 04-30-2017, 09:36 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank N Steins_Gate View Post
it's nice to know sexism is alive and well in the world, scumbag

why?

WcW changed the number so much I doubt he actually went 173-0

NxT is on the Network while WcW was the biggest wrestling company during a big chunk of the 90s. comparing the 2 is unfair and bullshit

No it will be remembered by a lot of people. Not everyone is as sexist as you. Don't bother responding as you're going on my ignore list so I won't be seeing anything you say.

As for Asuka beating Goldberg's record I think that's pretty cool. She does need to lose sometime though and whoever beats her will have a rather huge feather in their cap.
Oh no I'm on your ignore list..Boo hoo..

Objective fact: Regardless if Goldberg's number was inflated, 4-4.5 million ravenous fans watched Goldberg week in and week out beat far more than Hugh Morrus and Scotty Riggs. WCW was top dog and had all time legends Hulk Hogan, Sting, Randy Savage, Bret Hart, Ric Flair, Lex Luger, Big Show, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Curt Henning, Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio Jr, Chris Jericho, Dean Malenko, Scott Steiner, Booker T, Chris Benoit, Jeff Jarrett, DDP oh I could go on and on and on. Most of these guys fought Goldberg at some point during this period. Who does NXT have that compares to anybody on this list?? The NXT rating is what? .75? 500,000 people watch this show regularly? So, c'mon, you know as well as I do that it WON'T be remembered by a lot of people. Just stating facts, you don't need to ignore me because I can look at things the way they ARE and you can't.