WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-26-2017, 06:44 AM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default WWE Backlash: WWE Championship - Randy Orton (c) VS Jinder Mahal

According to WWE.com, the match is official for Backlash considering that the Orton vs Wyatt House of Horror match is no longer listed at being for the title.

Jinder Mahal becoming #1 contender for the title after winning a six pack challenge on last week's show has generated a lot of debate as to whether or not it's a good thing. Some have already decided they didn't like it from the second he won the #1 contendership, some are willing to give it a chance by seeing how the build goes, some seem to be a little torn in between by being sort of interested but not trusting Vince to pull this off. At any rate, it's generated a lot of buzz and attention, so that in and of itself is something.

Last night, we saw Jinder confront Orton in the ring, running him down for a bit before the two got into a scuffle. As Orton was going for the hanging DDT, the Singh Brothers came in, grabbed Orton by the legs and allowed Jinder to get the upper hand before they all commenced to beating him down. After Jinder hit Orton with the Cobra Clutch Slam, he picked up the title and left with it. All in all, I thought they took a solid step forward with Jinder last night; it wasn't some epitome of greatness but the fans are responding to Jinder and walking off with the belt last night was a nice touch, something we haven't seen heels do for a while.

I'm feeling more comfortable with this match in that while the quality of the match is still sort of up in the air at this point, it's not shaping up to be some 5 minute squash for Orton. There's still almost a month until Backlash and this whole thing could still go off the rails; I think the whole situation would be best served by portraying Jinder as someone that's capable of at least holding his own with Orton and not necessarily having to rely on the Singh Brothers rather than being a faction of three weak wrestlers who banded together.

There's still almost no chance of Jinder winning this match, nor should he in my opinion, but it's still an opportunity for Jinder to move up in the world. I don't think we've seen all that there is from Jinder; I mean, how could we since the guy has spent almost the entirety of his WWE career as a jobber who loses in like 3 minutes?
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 07:16 AM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

I want Jinder to win. Do I really want to see the continuation of another Orton reign or something new that would be genuinely interesting? And it's also only been a few weeks but what's the point in building up Jinder to have him fall immediately.
Old 04-26-2017, 07:52 AM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
WWF Hardcore Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...

This is the first face Randy Orton title reign since 2010. And it really feels like yesterday. A mediocre feud with Sheamus, a forgettable HiaC match and a somewhat good feud with Barrett, thanks to the Cena stuff.. Then drops the belt to The Miz and has another forgettable feud.. Let's see how this one goes.

The good thing is that it looks like WWE has a plan. Mahal, then Rusev.. Corbin and Styles would also end up getting in the mix. Plus there's Kevin Owens and Zayn. It sure is interesting.

However they have to address the Orton-Wyatt not being for the title situation...
Old 04-26-2017, 08:01 AM
Has Ascended
WWE Diva's Champion

Undying worked a dark match on ECW recently...Undying worked a dark match on ECW recently...Undying worked a dark match on ECW recently...Undying worked a dark match on ECW recently...Undying worked a dark match on ECW recently...Undying worked a dark match on ECW recently...Undying worked a dark match on ECW recently...Undying worked a dark match on ECW recently...Undying worked a dark match on ECW recently...Undying worked a dark match on ECW recently...Undying worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Send a message via Skype™ to Undying

Im fine with it. I wish they would do this more often. Save bigger matches for the big shows and throw some of the lower guys into a title match at the nothing shows to see what they can do. It's one of the only positives about the brand split I can think of. Having guys that we would have NEVER seen before even sniff a world title being in a main event title match on pay per view. There is a lot of complaints amongst fans about this which doesn't surprise me. You want something new and different? Here you go. Oh that wasn't it? Well what more could you want?

Besides he won a damn six pack challenge. Basically an exhibition where anyone could win. Same with money in the bank. Kayfabe wise, people get lucky in those situations with a right time right moment scenario. Mahal just happened to have backup. It's not like he beat AJ Styles clean for this after a year of jobbing to everyone in 2 minutes. No he got lucky, has a title match now and lets see what happens. If it fails oh well, its fucking Backlash not the WrestleMania main event.
Old 04-26-2017, 09:44 AM
I Am Jericho
WWE Diva's Champion

The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...

First of all, what is going on with this House of Horror malarkey? The superstar shakeup has really derailed this entire thing for me because I'm stuck between not caring about what ever kind of match it's going to be and trying to get invested in this Jinder Mahal push. The sad thing is that I think I care more about Jinder Mahal and the Singh brothers than I do about Randy Orton and Bray Wyatt. But why is this not a title match? Does Bray not get his rematch like Jericho does? Does this mean Bray is going to win, but they don't want to give him the title? Because if so, how can Randy lose a pay per view match as the WWE Champion and walk out looking like a legitimate champion? Just a rant about that.

But anyway, to Backlash. My thinking is this. If WWE supposedly want Baron Corbin to win the Money in the Bank, but they want him to feud with Randy Orton (all this according to the main page), this must mean one of two things. Either, it's over the title because Corbin cashes in. That is plausible. OR, it's not for the title because Jinder Mahal is winning the WWE Championship at Backlash. Surely not, right?

There's definitely a problem with pulling the trigger too soon on potentially promising talent. Jinder definitely has the ability to move upwards into the mid card and whatnot, but is he a WWE Champion? Even in the future, will he ever be that guy to become champion? I genuinely don't think so, but I really don't mind him being in this spot. Even if he loses, he can continue building his faction. He can definitely be a solid mid-card star after this is done with, and that's the benefit to him being in this spot now. It's only Backlash. If he loses, it won't derail anything he does over the next few weeks to build his character. Plus, from an entirely kayfabe point of view, I do kinda believe he has a chance. If he can manipulate the numbers game. But realistically, he can't win, surely not. There's too soon and then there's far too soon. That's especially considering we've known Jinder Mahal as a regular jobber, and this push hasn't come organically or because of some major backing from the fans.

Overall, I'm looking forward to this a lot more than Orton's match with Bray simply because I'm so intrigued as to what WWE will do. Surely they won't pull the trigger on Jinder, but I think stranger things have happened.
Old 04-26-2017, 12:39 PM

MillionDollarMan is looking to come up from OCW...MillionDollarMan is looking to come up from OCW...

Jinder has had a fantastic two weeks and is doing a great job making people give him heat and forget his previous persona.

Coming out in a suit this week, but still keeping his identity was an excellent idea. He needs new ring gear though. Emphasize his physique while tweaking his native gear.

It must be tempting to Vince to give him the title and see what he can do.

Makeovers can work and this one is working.
Old 04-26-2017, 02:29 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. View Post
However they have to address the Orton-Wyatt not being for the title situation...
They're probably not going to. There are always logic holes in pro wrestling storylines, whether it's in WWE, Impact, ROH or wherever, but this is one of those holes big enough to drive a truck through that Vince often just ignores whenever they pop up. It's like he seems to think "well, this doesn't really make much sense but we're not gonna talk about it, we'll quickly just move through it and the fans will forget all about it." While it's stupid, it works because it officially was changed less than a week before the actual match itself and I think people just want to move on.

If an explanation had to be given, it'd be because it automatically gives away the end result of the match. Because of the brand split, Raw cannot have both the WWE and Universal Championships. Well, I guess I shouldn't say "cannot" since Vince can do damn well whatever he pleases whether it makes sense or not. As a result, much of this entire situation seems like something Vince pieced together from one day to another. To him, it makes sense for one brand to not have both World Championships but it doesn't make sense for him to have commentators explain why the match is no longer for the title.

It's frustrating as a fan when he does shit like this, but there's nothing to be done about it. All we could do is get pissed off and impotently rant about it like I'm doing right now, so it's easier to just move on and just chalk the whole thing up to Vince's schizophrenic booking.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 04-26-2017, 02:33 PM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
WWF Hardcore Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
They're probably not going to. There are always logic holes in pro wrestling storylines, whether it's in WWE, Impact, ROH or wherever, but this is one of those holes big enough to drive a truck through that Vince often just ignores whenever they pop up. It's like he seems to think "well, this doesn't really make much sense but we're not gonna talk about it, we'll quickly just move through it and the fans will forget all about it." While it's stupid, it works because it officially was changed less than a week before the actual match itself and I think people just want to move on.

If an explanation had to be given, it'd be because it automatically gives away the end result of the match. Because of the brand split, Raw cannot have both the WWE and Universal Championships. Well, I guess I shouldn't say "cannot" since Vince can do damn well whatever he pleases whether it makes sense or not. As a result, much of this entire situation seems like something Vince pieced together from one day to another. To him, it makes sense for one brand to not have both World Championships but it doesn't make sense for him to have commentators explain why the match is no longer for the title.

It's frustrating as a fan when he does shit like this, but there's nothing to be done about it. All we could do is get pissed off and impotently rant about it like I'm doing right now, so it's easier to just move on and just chalk the whole thing up to Vince's schizophrenic booking.
This whole thing would have made perfect sense, had they no had a US title match take place on the same PPV, when a SD star holds it.

I guess the whole deal is, the WWE Championship belonged to Smackdown before the shake-up, so no WWE titles matches on RAW. The US title belonged to RAW before the shake-up, so the match can take place. But hey, Orton will come to RAW to fight Bray for no reason at all. Screw this. Bray wins with help from Jinder.
Old 04-26-2017, 07:23 PM
Ring of Honor Champion

TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...

The heel foreigner thing and saying "stupid Americans" is boring.

Do a double turn. Have Jinder survive a brutal beating, so bad that Orton had to resort to cheating.

If they want to sell shirts in India, better to have a babyface. Have him be the 2017 American dream of the hard working immigrant who makes this country better.
Old 04-26-2017, 11:05 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...

Everybody asking why the WWE title match isn't on the line must have forgotten that Jinder stole the title and won't give it back until he loses at Backlash.