WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE NXT
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-15-2017, 07:35 AM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Default Who should end the "Glorious" title reign?

"Glorious" Bobby Roode won the NXT Championship after defeating Shinsuke Nakamura at NXT TakeOver: San Antonio. He successfully defended the title against the former champion Nakamura at NXT TakeOver: Orlando.

Now that Nakamura has been called-up to Smackdown Live, there's zero chance of another rematch. So, Who would you like to end Bobby Roode's "Glorious" title reign?

I would've preferred Tye Dillinger. But now that he's gone to Smackdown, I think that either Hideo Itami or Drew McIntyre should end his reign.

Hideo was injured again last year and I think that he may return at next TakeOver or later. Drew McIntyre just returned and defeated Oney Lorcan. Other options could be Eric Young or Kassius Ohno. Eric Young is a heel so that won't work. Ohno has already lost to Bobby Roode.

So, either Hideo Itami or Drew McIntyre for me.
Old 04-15-2017, 08:25 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

roipdh123 is looking to come up from OCW...roipdh123 is looking to come up from OCW...roipdh123 is looking to come up from OCW...roipdh123 is looking to come up from OCW...roipdh123 is looking to come up from OCW...

I would like it to be Mclntyre. Have him defeat Roode at the Takeover: Brooklyn III. That will lead to Roode going to the main roster, and a Mclntyre vs Young feud.
TNA - Hate 3: Dixie & Anderson & EY.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 09:08 AM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by roipdh123 View Post
I would like it to be Mclntyre. Have him defeat Roode at the Takeover: Brooklyn III. That will lead to Roode going to the main roster, and a Mclntyre vs Young feud.
I'm all in for Drew McIntyre ending it. But where does that leave Hideo Itami? That guy has been damn unlucky since he got to NXT. His competitors of that time have surpassed him and are on main roster now. I'm a bigger fan of Drew than Hideo but I think that he should gain the title or just get called up. Drew McIntyre can wait for a while.
Old 04-15-2017, 09:21 AM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

They don't have anybody at the moment. Too soon for Roode to lose, too soon for McIntyre to win, who knows what they bought Hero back for.

They should bring in a couple of guys for Roode to beat until it's time to move on. Guys who've been in the company before that have a bit of name value, maybe a John Morrison if available.
Old 04-15-2017, 09:59 AM
I Am Jericho
WWE Diva's Champion

The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Well as it stands, nobody. Bobby Roode is an exceptional talent and he has proven that time and time again. I think whoever does eventually beat him gets a big rub from it and so it's worth saving for now. There's no rush to get the title away from Roode, so they have plenty of time building stars up.

Drew McIntyre is an obvious choice, and I would be shocked to see him graduate to the main roster before winning the NXT Championship. But I don't know how much benefit it brings McIntyre in being the one to defeat Bobby Roode. I do like Kassius Ohno (terrible name) as well, and I'm sure he will be a challenger for some time, but I don't see it being him either right now.

I like the sound of Hideo Itami winning the title though. While we all know his capabilities, much like Drew McIntyre and Kassius Ohno, I feel that because of his misfortunes, it would definitely be a big deal for him to win it. It gives justification for him returning after injuries and working through NXT.

But we have months of Roode's title reign to come, I really believe that, and so the person to topple Roode may not even be on the radar yet.
Old 04-15-2017, 12:53 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...

I could see McIntyre bringing back the next champion ship to the main roster as the chosen one.

It would vindacate his original gimmick

the Five Moves of doom?
Old 04-15-2017, 02:07 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

It's too soon for Roode to drop the title to anybody at this point. Kassius Ohno, AKA Fat Jesus, hasn't been back long enough, Drew McIntyre literally just had his first NXT match this past Wednesday and Hideo Itami has spent more time out injured than wrestling in NXT and he's been there for 2.5 years.

For the next several months, I'd just give Roode some strong challenges mean to enhance the challengers and to simultaneously build up his run as champ. For the NXT TakeOver event coming up in Chicago, I feel it'll probably be Kassius Ohno as a challenger, I've no idea if Itami is even off the injured list, but I see potentially one or both of those through the summer with Roode either dropping the title during SummerSlam or Survivor Series weekend. By Survivor Series weekend, McIntyre should have the necessary momentum and then Roode can get his rematch, lose said match and pop up as a surprise entrant in the 2018 Royal Rumble. Roode turns 40 in a little less than a month so I'd guess he 3 or 4 years left to really make an impact and Roode's too good to spend longer in NXT than he should. So yeah, give him a 10 or 11 month long title run, give him his rematch then send him to the main roster.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 04-15-2017, 02:23 PM
Knockout Champion

MINISTRYrising is looking to come up from OCW...MINISTRYrising is looking to come up from OCW...MINISTRYrising is looking to come up from OCW...MINISTRYrising is looking to come up from OCW...MINISTRYrising is looking to come up from OCW...

The only person I could see him possibly dropping the title to at the moment would be McIntyre, But I don't expect to see that happen anytime soon and I fully expect to see Roode as champion until at least around Summerslam. By that time I'm sure the Roster will look a lot different and I could see somebody like Aleister Black/Tommy End possibly getting a shot as champion.
Old 04-15-2017, 11:49 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...

the possiblities are endless....he could lose to Hideo one on one or he can lose to McIntyre one on one or even lose to one of them in a triple threat. also there's the wildcard of losing to Eric Young in sometype of triple threat or fatal four way where he doesnt have to face Roode one on one.

if it were me, i'd go with Eric Young in a triple threat as his Sanity gimmick to me is money and i would like to see him get a good run as NXT Champion. with that being said, my prediction is either Hideo or McIntyre because they both are faces for NXT and NXT right now is lacking top faces.
Old 04-16-2017, 12:55 AM

Doctor Awesome is looking to come up from OCW...

Good topic and I have thought about that since he won the title and until Tommy End/Alistair Black debuted I wasn't sure who it would be but now I think it's a no-brainer. The clean cut, self-absorbed, ideal face of a brand (Roode) vs. a borderline evil, aloof, counter-culture anti hero (Black) writes itself, and it's ok that it's predictable. These guys can have a great program together. Regarding the other mostly mentioned guys in KO, DM & HI:

Drew McIntyre- even though he's a great fit for NXT, it isn't big enough for the both of them. I think they have a match or two but Roode retains and Drew gets called up. Roode not too far behind but Drew goes after putting over Roode.

Kassius Ohno- will not become NXT champion by beating Bobby Roode and I'm not so sure he makes the main roster, ever. I don't like saying it as I've been a fan of his work for over 10 years and thought his best shot at all that was going to be during his initial run with FCW/NXT. Roode beats him again down the line in a one-off. He can beat someone else for the title but it won't be against the current champ.

Hideo Itami- Is definitely set to return and will get a title shot but do they have the confidence in him and his health to withstand a main event program and become champion. Poor guy lost so much steam these last 2 years and it sucks. Nakamura was a must when he went down the second time and he was likely poised for the same treatment Shinsuke got in his absence. Again, they will have matches and Roode will go over.

Tommy End beats him at the takeover before Survivor Series. Mark it, dude.