WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-08-2017, 03:13 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default It Looks Like Mauro Ranallo Might Be Gone From WWE

I'm a little surprised that this thread hasn't already been made. At any rate, as everyone has noticed, Mauro Ranallo, who's work on commentary has been highly praised by most fans since arriving in WWE, has been out for over a month now due to an extreme flare up of depression brought on by bipolar disorder. Various sites have reported that growing tensions between Mauro and JBL is the root cause for his sudden disappearance from WWE. Earlier this year, Mauro was announced as winning the WON's Best Commentator award for the 2nd year in a row and posted a list of the results featuring the top 10 other commentators on the list and JBL wasn't present. JBL wasn't happy about this and it led to an outburst on an episode of the Bring it to the Table show on the WWE Network. Coincidentally, JBL won the award for "Worst Announcer" back in 2015. What's making me think that he might be gone, or in the process of being gone, from WWE is that he's removed WWE from his Twitter profile and he's deleted any and all tweets mentioning WrestleMania.

Given JBL's history, it's easy to imagine just what sort of other things he may have said to and about Ranallo off camera. If this was legitimately why his bipolar depression, which much worse than depression without bipolar disorder, then JBL may well have said some pretty shameful and disgusting things. It's not hard to imagine that it's true as JBL has had a known reputation as a bully for a long time; former ring announcer Justin Roberts revealed recently that, in part of a book he'd written, JBL tried to get some wrestlers to steal Roberts' passport at some point, which would have caused a good deal of trouble for Roberts. If he was in a foreign country at the time, he may not have been allowed to leave and it can take up to 2 months for processing to be completed. Today, Johnny Mundo, AKA John Morrison, confirmed Roberts' story as both he and Joey Mercury were pressured by JBL to steal it but they ultimately didn't go through with it.

Situations like this are why a lot of fans have such contempt for Vince McMahon as he allows stuff like this to go on with certain people. JBL is well known to be close to Vince as they tend to share similar views on many aspects of life, especially politics and financial matters. It just makes all that anti-bullying stuff seem like pure marketing bullshit that's nothing more than a PR stunt. Even though Ranallo MIGHT have stood up for himself backstage with JBL, he doesn't have JBL's stroke with the boss. If things got physical, Mauro would probably be eaten alive and he'd probably be the one to catch the hell from the higher ups. Still, maybe it's the route he should've taken if Joey Styles is any indication. Joey Styles knocked him on his ass during an overseas tour in Iraq about 9 years back, said to have given him a black eye and cut him open underneath the eye, but JBL was said to be fairly drunk at the time. Still, from what I understand, JBL stopped hazing the guy.

Still, it's a damn shame that a man JBL's age has to get his jollies by pulling this juvenile, frat boy shit on a mild mannered guy like Mauro Ranallo. Whether you like his commentary or not, and I do quite a bit btw, I think there's a good chance he's gone from WWE as he'd probably consider working with JBL on SmackDown Live again a hostile work environment.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 05:26 PM
ROH Pure Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

i think where making more out of this that it is right now. This might just be mauro trying to distance himself from WWE for a while until he'S able to get a crip on his depression.

As for the JBL stuff, i think that the new generation of fans and wrestlers don't get how the old generation use to work, JBL his from the old generation that use to do stuff like that to guys they didn'T like, the justin roberts stuff from what i've read was something that not just JBL but the whole locker room ask him to do because Justin wasn'T well like by the boys back then so they ask JBL who was the locker room leader to do something about Roberts. This was common practice back then, you disrespect somebody backstage and you get mess with, For JBL if you don't stood up to him, he's going to continue until you stand up for yourself and do something about it. For him, that's how you earn respect and that alright. The problem is that alot of the newer wrestlers and employees in general didn'T grow up in the business that way so they get offended easily which in the end, it give JBL the reputation of being a bully when in fact he'S just messing with you like he was mess with when he started. That just a right of passage.

I love mauro as a commentator and i really which a speedy recovery but sadly, i don'T think the wwe is the right fit for him right now, as much as i liked him on commentary, with his condition and with guys like JBL still employed with the company, he's better off sticking with his other stuff.
Old 04-08-2017, 06:00 PM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

Well this story has taken an interesting turn. Apparently Jonathan Coachman has been dragged into it as well. Dave Meltzer had a Twitter exchange with him regarding ESPN not covering the story and addressing the rumour's about Mauro and JBL. Fans of Ranallo's have been tweeting Coachman showing their displeasure about it as well. What it all boils down too is Coachman has tweeted that he will no longer be covering the WWE for ESPN. WTH.

So maybe this story with JBL and his bullying tactics have some legs to it afterall. Ranallo tweeted that only three things cannot be hidden, the sun, moon and the truth. I have a feeling that this will be quite interesting when it all comes out.

Shame about Mauro though, really enjoyed his commentary. I do hope he does come back at some point.
Old 04-08-2017, 06:37 PM
The voice of Michael Cole's headset
WWE Diva's Champion

therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Coach tweeted that he is not covering WWE anymore due to a big upcoming project. He said he covered WWE on his own time and that this decision was made over a month ago. Coach also rejected the notion that WWE has a bullying culture.

I don't think Vince really gives a crap or is even aware of what JBL does. When you run a giant company like WWE, these things usually do not reach Vince's level.

I do not think it is fair to lay blame on JBL before Mauro states anything. JBL's history seems to give some credibility to this rumor but I would still hold judgement until the story is told. JBL seems to have mellowed out. JBL could have unintentionally done this where he did not know he was being as hard on Mauro as he thought. JBL always makes fun of Byron despite every once in a blue moon being serious and saying he loves him. JBL stated that he only plays a heel and wishes Mauro the best.
Rock: IT DOESN'T MATTER
Old 04-08-2017, 08:16 PM
I know my name/avi/sig don't match.
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default Mauro Ranallo not expected to be back on TV

From CBS Sports:

Quote:
Mauro Ranallo’s run as the voice of WWE’s “SmackDown Live” and “205 Live” shows appears to be be over.

Ranallo, a decorated combat sports analyst who is currently the lead play-by-play commentator for Showtime Championship Boxing, deleted mention of his WWE affiliation from his Twitter account on Friday, along with a noticeable amount of WWE related retweets.

A source close to the situation told CBS Sports that Ranallo, 47, is not expected to appear on camera for the remainder of his WWE contract, which he signed on Dec. 15, 2015.

WWE would not confirm this but did tell CBS Sports in a statement that Ranallo remains under contract with the company until Aug. 12, 2017.
I wouldn't say that any of this is all that surprising. I was always iffy on Mauro, I liked him but I thought his non-related pop culture references were a bit too much at times. I'm interested in seeing how much attention this ends up getting and if there's any action taken against JBL.
Old 04-08-2017, 08:18 PM
I know my name/avi/sig don't match.
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...

Oops, I didn't realize the thread was already made, my apologies. Feel free to merge.
Old 04-08-2017, 08:35 PM
Da Best Sports Entertainer Ever
WWF Hardcore Champion

BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...

This is a shame. Mauro was a great commentator and possibly the best since JR.

I don't want to pass judgment on JBL since we don't know all the facts, but if the rumors are true, then JBL should be fired. Bullying should be taken seriously and shouldn't be tolerated. You can say he was just joking around, but there's a huge difference.

Unfortunately, nothing is likely to happen. JBL will probably keep his job as if nothing happened. It's just a sad situation.
Old 04-08-2017, 09:40 PM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by therockiswwf View Post
Coach tweeted that he is not covering WWE anymore due to a big upcoming project. He said he covered WWE on his own time and that this decision was made over a month ago. Coach also rejected the notion that WWE has a bullying culture.

I don't think Vince really gives a crap or is even aware of what JBL does. When you run a giant company like WWE, these things usually do not reach Vince's level.

I do not think it is fair to lay blame on JBL before Mauro states anything. JBL's history seems to give some credibility to this rumor but I would still hold judgement until the story is told. JBL seems to have mellowed out. JBL could have unintentionally done this where he did not know he was being as hard on Mauro as he thought. JBL always makes fun of Byron despite every once in a blue moon being serious and saying he loves him. JBL stated that he only plays a heel and wishes Mauro the best.
Yes I read the story and while I hate conspiracy theories myself, don't you think the timing is just a little conspicuous? I do.

Listen I have no idea what's going on with Mauro, JBL, Coachman or Meltzer. Maybe Meltzer should have kept his mouth shut. Maybe Coachman should have either made this announcement before or at least waited till the dust settled. Maybe JBL has done nothing wrong. All I know is the WWE, who are the ones who employed Mauro, should be making some sort of statement as to whether he is still with the company, or taking time off for medical or personal reasons.

If the WWE had said something, then people wouldn't be reading into whatever is said on Twitter, Facebook and other social media.
Old 04-08-2017, 10:43 PM
ROH Pure Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Meltzer is pretty much just doing his job and that's stirring thing up to get more subscribers to his news later, while he's well respected in his field, alot of what he reports on his just someone telling a version of the fact. Most of the time, he gets it wrong and just go to something else.

Fans seem to take everything he write as the gospel because of who he is and that's o.k. But he's just a reporter and sometimes boys will tell him something and he won't verify it because it's a good story to print and I think this story was pretty much the case of him printing what somebody told him without verifying it.
Old 04-09-2017, 02:01 AM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Damn.

I loved Mauro Ranallo as in commentary. Very good at actually calling the action in the ring which is in fact the core purpose of commentary. Too much better than both JBL and Michael Cole.

I don't know if JBL has any hand in screwing this all but whoever it is should be punished.

Till then, I'm gonna miss Mauro at commentary. Who's gonna say, "MAAAMAAA MIAAAAAA"?