WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Impact Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-05-2017, 04:47 PM
The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
WWE Champion

It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...
Default Aron Rex No Longer With Impact Wrestling

Quote:
In an interview with Title Match Wrestling at WrestleCon this past weekend, Aron Rex, f.k.a. Damien Sandow, revealed that he is no longer with Impact Wrestling. Rex, who debuted a new Liberace-esque gimmick in Impact Wrestling last October and was a part of their television tapings this past January, hinted at possibly retiring.

"I don't know if this is going to be it for me, because you know I'm no longer with Impact," Rex said. "Ending on this note is not a bad thing. I'm not saying that I'm never going to get in the ring again, but this is pretty cool and I'd much rather have people remember me for all the good stuff."
http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...act-wrestling/

My word, what a hellacious flop of a run that was. He came in like a house on fire, and figuratively fell flat on his face just a short few weeks later.

I feel confident saying his Impact career can be summed up with the following gif:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 06:29 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

wrestler36 is looking to come up from OCW...wrestler36 is looking to come up from OCW...wrestler36 is looking to come up from OCW...wrestler36 is looking to come up from OCW...wrestler36 is looking to come up from OCW...wrestler36 is looking to come up from OCW...wrestler36 is looking to come up from OCW...

I don't think that's quite a fair assessment of his run there. I mean he was hired literally a few weeks before they were about to close the doors on the company. I have a feeling he just fell through the cracks when the new people were analyzing the talent to keep. Which is too bad because I bet he would have been able to do great things with Prichard and Mantell in creative.
Old 04-05-2017, 07:25 PM
The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
WWE Champion

It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...

He was given what, three different gimmicks in that span?

He came in like a hot babyface, worked at least one set of tapings as such, then turned pseudo heel winning the Grand Championship, changed his ring gear for another set of tapings, went nowhere, and then came back as Liberace randomly a week after Spud "quit", only to return as his valet.

What a mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:00 PM
Thank you Cesaro

Sai the Pizza Guy scored a win over Santino Marella...Sai the Pizza Guy scored a win over Santino Marella...Sai the Pizza Guy scored a win over Santino Marella...Sai the Pizza Guy scored a win over Santino Marella...Sai the Pizza Guy scored a win over Santino Marella...Sai the Pizza Guy scored a win over Santino Marella...Sai the Pizza Guy scored a win over Santino Marella...Sai the Pizza Guy scored a win over Santino Marella...Sai the Pizza Guy scored a win over Santino Marella...Sai the Pizza Guy scored a win over Santino Marella...Sai the Pizza Guy scored a win over Santino Marella...

The pseudo heel turn combined with the issues of Impact possibly closing its doors during that time killed Rex's momentum. Whether he would've fared better had Impact not hit the low it did, nobody can say for sure, but I'd like to think so. He's been one of my favorite guys since his WWE debut and I wish him the best. Some time out of the ring might do him some good, and maybe he can return to Impact later down the road when things are going better for both parties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBGetBack View Post
Either we're going to actually resolve things and let it go, or just ban me for good.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:08 PM
Million Dollar Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

The sad thing wax that is tna run was the same type of run that he had in wwe but done quicker. I want from a serious character to a comedy act so fast in tna that I didn't understand why he left wwe in the first place. He was just an afterthought in tna and the only reason he got the gran championship in the first place was because drew galloway got injured before the ppv.

I don't know what made him decide to retire bt the way he was treated in both wwe and tna probably had something to do with it.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:15 PM
More Comfortable with the Seesawing
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...

This continues to support one simple truth:

All these people who decide that WWE has no idea how to book these great talents might not know what they're talking about. Sandow got over with one idea and while he sold the heck out of it, I have no idea who thought of it. The problem for Sandow is after that stunt double thing, there's NOTHING to support it. He's a completely average in-ring worker, a decent talker and......that's pretty much everything. When he left WWE, everyone was saying you would see how great he was. Now maybe you can blame this on TNA (it certainly wouldn't be the first time) but I didn't see anything to suggest that WWE pushed him poorly. I saw him as someone who WWE managed to push far beyond his limitations.

It's almost like WWE has an idea of what they're doing with this stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker
Yes
Quote:
I am
Quote:
in fact
Quote:
better than you.
Old 04-05-2017, 11:09 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Honestly, his TNA/Impact run to me all goes back to his problems with the WWE. it's all about booking, booking, booking.

In WWE, he was booked well at first.....but then when he lost to Cena, they just pushed him down instead of up and then he finally fell to the role of Stunt Double, did great with that, but then was again wasted...then left to TNA/Impact.

TNA's issue was that they had a free agent who they thought was a top moneymaker for them and while he has the talent in the ring and on the mic, you've got to book him right. When he came into TNA, his gimmick already was done. Drew Galloway was the guy who was saying that WWE never gave him the chance...then Rex said practically the same thing.....so the fans didnt care much about him...then he eventually won the Grand Championship as a face, but was clearly going heel...he won the title, but his heel run as the first Rex was very lame as his character wasnt changed much..

then they changed him to his last gimmick and while i cracked up at his last gimmick...it wasnt a gimmick that would get him over as a main event heel, though it's fun to see him look like that.....then Impact was taken over by the new ownership and basically, they have Jarrett fingerprints written all over it...if i hear (one day) that Impact and GFW merged, i wont be shocked.

to me, the best way to book Aron Rex or Damien Sandow is by having him as what he started out as, an intellectual savior of the unwashed masses. it was a gimmick that i felt was over and had potential as a main event star. he claims that he's smarter than you and he wins by being smarter than his opponents all while rubbing in out smart he is. that gimmick was very great and if another company hires him, that's the gimmick that should be used.
Old 04-06-2017, 01:32 AM
Cena is no Bruno & Cole is no Solie
WWE Women's Champion

stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Sandow should never, and The Rock means NEVER, have signed with TNA. Indy promotions were setting up entire SHOWS around him. He was drawing crowds wherever he went. TNA was a spectacular clusterfuck. He was good going in. But, that Liberace gimmick...really, Aaron, really? No even praying 20 decades of the Rosary at the EWTN Chapel, plus a blessing from the Pope or a midnight visit from the Spirit of St. Joseph was going to save that character. He was TOTALLY and ABSOLUTELY wrong for a Liberace-type gimmick.

If he is smart, he goes back to the Indies, and restart a career for himself.
Old 04-06-2017, 06:23 AM
Knockout Champion

TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...

If he had have had a gimmick like his heel Sandow days he might have gotten over, the name, the change in character etc. nothing worked.

I'm not sure where he goes from here, but as far as Impact is concerned, he isn't a big loss to the company.
Old 04-06-2017, 08:49 AM
Cody Rhodes is an excellant
Ring of Honor Champion

justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...

He was always a much better promo than wrestler, if he really wanted to he could probably have a pretty decent career as a heel manager.