WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives > Wrestlemania XXXIII
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-07-2017, 09:49 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default Wrestlemania XXXIII - The Fourth Annual Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal

With Mojo Rawley's comments on SmackDown Live, it's confirmed that the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal will return to WrestleMania for the 4th straight year.

Generally speaking, the battle royal is a primary means of making sure that mid and low card wrestlers share in the WrestleMania payday as winning it isn't necessarily some sort of huge career boost. It can be a fun bout for what it is, it's definitely something that belongs on the kickoff show in my opinion, and one has to think that Braun Strowman, if he's in it, will be one of the true favorites to come out with the victory.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 10:35 PM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

It should be fairly strong this year. That said it's still just a battle royal and you can see about half a dozen throughout the year and it's not like the previous three have been important.
Old 03-08-2017, 05:01 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Cesaro winning was cool, but I think the overall atmosphere of Wrestlemania 30 really makes me remember it differently. Probably why I haven't re watched it nor want to. Anyway, out of all types of matches.. I just can't get into a Battle Royal. They're cool for the show they're on I guess, but man if they aren't done well they are beyond bad.

I guess if Braun is in it I'd like him to win, but at the same time I'd almost rather him just destroy someone on the pre-show or something. I remember Cesaro won it, and we all know the after booking of him following. Then Big show eliminated Damien Mizdow as near peak popularity to win the year after. Then Baron won it in his debut, and the Smackdown announcers still mention it like 10 months later. It's almost painful to hear, but it's more of a pet peeve.

I still like the general idea either way. Hope it's better than the last few. Don't care about the winner I guess.
Old 03-08-2017, 06:00 AM
I know my name/avi/sig don't match.
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...

With so little care and interest for the ARMBAR, they have free reign to book it however they want, and that could end up being a huge plus for them this year. They don't have to protect anyone (other than Braun), they aren't hindered by having to book future stories within the match, you just have to throw people over the top rope until you have a winner. There's no reason why they can't make this all about Braun's dominance and have him eliminate 75% of the other men in this match. It's exactly what he needs to get right back on track after Fastlane.
Old 03-09-2017, 06:04 AM
Million Dollar Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

I wouldn't be surprise if this is we're the big show ends up again this year and it's going to be build around strowman and show being dominant and eliminate everybody else between the 2 of them only for strowman to have the big spot at the end and lifting big show and eliminating him for the win.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:18 AM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
Million Dollar Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...

Braun should just stay out of this and make an appearence on the MAIN show, destroying Shaq and Big Show after their match, if, it happens. If not, then he should destroy someone else on the main show.

Him being there means that he should definately win. So keep Braun out of it, in order to make it a little bit more interesting.
Old 03-12-2017, 08:54 AM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

If Braun Strowman is entered in this and doesn't win then there is a problem. His booking up to the Reigns match was great, still shaking my head over that loss. Looking forward though, if he doesn't eliminate half or 3/4 of the roster in the match then I for one will be disappointed. Not that the winner gets anything though, but at least he will have won.
Old 03-16-2017, 11:44 PM
Remarkable Mark Keaton
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...

Braun should end it quickly by going outside and lifting the ring itself, spilling all the wrestlers out of the ring in a huge pile.

RMK
Old 03-17-2017, 06:53 AM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navi View Post
If Braun Strowman is entered in this and doesn't win then there is a problem. His booking up to the Reigns match was great, still shaking my head over that loss. Looking forward though, if he doesn't eliminate half or 3/4 of the roster in the match then I for one will be disappointed. Not that the winner gets anything though, but at least he will have won.
Braun Strowman losing to Roman Reigns was ridiculous booking. And even in their rematch, if Reigns wins again clean, that would be horrible as well.

If Braun Strowman enters this match, he must win this. The card is so stacked that there's no place for him in the main card. Only possibility could be a Triple Threat with Roman Reigns and The Undertaker but that's too unlikely.

Also, why not make ARMBAR something more than just a trophy? A world title shot or even a midcard title shot could be the prize for winning it but at least give something worthwhile.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:49 AM
Million Dollar Champion

thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Braun wins, last eliminating Rowan and Harper. What a match, Breeze, Fandango, Rhyno, Slater, Crews, Rawley, Ziggler, Kalisto, Zayn maybe, Samoa Joe maybe, Victor, Connor, Elsworth, what other garbage is there. Big Show, Henry, Kane...maybe a surprise legend or two. Iusually love Battle Royals but this is not a Wrestlemania quality match