WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives > Wrestlemania XXXIII
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-11-2017, 07:29 PM
ECW TV Champion

OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveless View Post
A) Goldberg wins in a squash, Owens activates his rematch and steals the belt back
Ha, other than the squash idea that would actually be sweet. Owens did say he gets a rematch for the Universal title anytime he wants, why not at Wrestlemania? Owens would be a made man and steal the show if he became US champion and than defeated a beat up Brock Lesnar or Goldberg to win the Universal title to end the show. Won't happen but one can dream. Green rep for creativity.
Old 03-11-2017, 08:31 PM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
Million Dollar Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...

Lesnar as champion in 2017 could happen in my eyes. In 2016 Lesnar wrestled in 5 PPVs (Rumble, Fastlane, Mania, Summerslam and Survivor Series) and also wrestled in multiple house shows.

Same thing happened in 2015 as well.

Now, after Wrestlemania has ended, Lesnar will already have wrestled in 2. Summerslam will be the 3rd one. So Lesnar still has two more matches that the WWE can add between WM and Summerslam, which has 4 PPVs in that time period, for RAW alone. Take out some of Lesnar's house show dates and turn them into PPV matches and I think Lesnar can have a good reign. He won't be there every week, but him wrestling every couple of PPVs could work.

The problem with Lesnar in 2014 was that he disappeared from September till January. 3,5 months. If WWE can lower Lesnar's absnces to 1,5 month from 3,5, then it could work.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 08:40 AM
Million Dollar Champion

thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...

People are going to mock and smash me, but I truly believe that following Brock Lesnar destroying Goldberg in short time, Paul Heyman will say something along the lines that Wrestlemania deserves a moment and that Goldberg wasnt a main event worthy, throws open challenge out. I see AJ Styles, fresh of his LOSS to Shane O Mac coming out, and beating Lesnar and ending Mania as the WWE UNIVERSAL CHAMPION. Between the rumours of him going to Raw, his throw away match with Shane at the biggest show of the year, and Heyamn recently in dark matches having Lesnar have open challenges, it makes sense to me. Hoping Vince is looking at the bigger picture, a face or heel AJ can either have instant matches with Samoa Joe or Kevin Owens or a returning Finn Balor or Roman Reigns. Looks win-win for mine, fans go home happy, Lesnar not holding a title we wont see for months on end. AJ vs Rollins anybody?
Old 03-25-2017, 10:08 PM

spaldoni is looking to come up from OCW...spaldoni is looking to come up from OCW...

Does anyone remember the Marvin Hagler/Thomas Hearns boxing match? It was one of the most hard hitting and action packed fights of all time and it went only 3 rounds. That's how I think Lesnar/Goldberg should be booked. Have them go out there and put on an epic short brawl. I think with that scenario these two could really deliver.
Old 03-26-2017, 11:30 PM
Torn between Rooney & Kate Mara
WWE Champion

Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...

If the reports are true, Vince was/is very hands on with developing this feud, and Goldberg VS Lesnar is one of his top priorities heading into Wrestlemania 33, because he sees it as a big, marquee match.

I'm hoping they'll have a good match, but this has disaster written all over it for a number of reasons. WWE did a great job of pulling of a legitimate shock at Survivor Series....but you have to believe we're at a point, where fans want to see the match they were hoping to see at Survivor Series. Goldberg compared himself to Mike Tyson on Edge & Christian's podcast, saying "I just so happen to be that guy who lifts people off their feet from on their back," when he made analogy between people preferring to see Evander Holyfield go 12 rounds, while other people paid to see Tyson annihilate someone quickly. That's all well and good, but this is supposed to be the big payoff match.

When Flair still had his second podcast, I remember he said something along the lines of "Oh, he's going to Suplex City at Wrestlemania. That's what I've heard," when they we're talking about the rematch. I'm just bored with and burnt out on watching Lesnar throw a barrage of German suplexes during his matches, and hitting an F5 or two for the win. I want the Brock Lesnar that was having good and great matches with John Cena, CM Punk, The Undertaker (excluding the Wrestlemania XXX match, of course), and Triple H.

And then you have to wonder about Goldberg lasting more than two minutes. If Goldberg is exhausted early on, you can be sure the fans will turn on this match, and they'll turn on it quickly. There's a good chance we're headed for another crowd reaction resembling Wrestlemania XX. The boos started in Chicago, and you could say the Chicago fans are a fickle bunch, but Raw's in Philly tomorrow night. Another hardcore smarky town, and you know there's a good chance that reaction will carry over to Wrestlemania, because Wrestlemania crowds are notoriously smarky. The reports going around are Goldberg is not signed on for any more dates after Wrestlemania 33, so the fans know he's leaving (again). That, or he won't be around for a while.

Goldberg said he wants to bring out some stuff he hasn't shown yet, because of constraints, but a part of me believes he's just saying that to hype up the match. Sadly, there's a chance Goldberg/Lesnar is one of those dream matches that just can't live up to the hype, and it's hard to get your hopes up thirteen years later, when the first match was a heaping pile of dogshit (although, I can understand why some enjoy it for being a complete trainwreck and comedic gold).

Lesnar wins after dominating the match, because there's no reason for Goldberg to hold on to the title. Hopefully, they'll stick this in the middle of the card somewhere. I can't picture anything but an apathetic reaction, or if it sucks, the crowd completely turning on a match that closes a show that's supposed to be seven hours long.
Old 03-26-2017, 11:51 PM
Behold my diction
WCW TV Champion

enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...

I really hope that this isn't the last match of the night, because fuck that bullshit. Goldberg matches that close the show often don't start until the show is within ten minutes of ending, which makes it pretty clear that the match is going to be a squash. Maybe Lesnar will squash Goldberg, it'll look fucking stupid either way. While it's unlikely, I really hope that they let Bray vs Randy be the last match of the night.

Goldberg is a neat spectacle, but he's getting ridiculous.

I'm thinking that this one won't be a squash, but it'll be a win for Goldberg since Lesnar losing to him three times without ever getting a win sounds like fair penance for ending The Undertaker's streak.

I'm hoping that these two aren't so air-headed that they're not willing to pay any mind to the feedback from the fans. We want to see wrestling, and these two are evenly matched enough to where it wouldn't be weird to see Goldberg actually fight a match that lasts longer than a fucking minute and a half.

Prepare, put on a great show and give us our money's worth.

Last edited by enviousdominous : 03-26-2017 at 11:53 PM.
Old 03-28-2017, 08:05 PM

Razz is looking to come up from OCW...Razz is looking to come up from OCW...

This feud though building Goldberg up incredibly well but being so one sided has really hurt Brock's luster and special attraction persona in my opinion. Especially after the brutal beatdown Brock had given Orton unintentionally on his return match. I can see Goldberg coming out on fire at the beginning hitting spear and jackhammer. Brock kicks out and Goldberg a little shocked. Brock then begins to beat crap out of Bill. Maybe some suplexes, then F5. Bill Kicks out. Brock worried, beats the heck out of him even more, another F5 and wins.

Goldberg gets his retirement like moment in the ring after. Maybe he returns for one or two matches later on the year if he wants to and WWE thinks he is worth it and physically capable. Only thing i'm scared of is Brock actually hurting Bill unintentionally like Orton heh..
Old 03-31-2017, 08:49 AM
WWE Women's Champion

JoeFromTomsRiver worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeFromTomsRiver worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeFromTomsRiver worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeFromTomsRiver worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeFromTomsRiver worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeFromTomsRiver worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeFromTomsRiver worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeFromTomsRiver worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeFromTomsRiver worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeFromTomsRiver worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Goldberg has been made to look invincible and unstoppable upon his return. He's the only person to "have Lesnar's number".

I think he's going to return the favor ten fold in this match.

Lesnar will go into "MMA" mode and drop the elbows drawing massive amounts of blood, will do the kimura arm-break on both arms, Goldberg goes unconscious and totally unresponsive. WM goes off the air with Goldberg being airlifted by a medivac helicopter.
Old 04-04-2017, 07:57 AM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Time taken: 4 Minutes 45 seconds.

German Suplex 3
Spear 4 (With one being out of the ring)
Jackhammer 1
Spear
German Suplex 10
F-5 1.

That's the entire match. It was a spot-fest. Or rather signature+finisher fest. Nowhere near the best match of the night. At some points, there was horrible no-selling. Like Spear just after 3 German Suplexes?

Honestly, I liked their Wrestlemania XX match much more as it wasn't a spot-fest. The crowd didn't like that because they knew that Goldberg and Brock Lesnar were leaving. That reaction was towards that, not the match. Still, this match wasn't horrible or anything. More like a filler.

#ThankYouGoldberg
Old 04-04-2017, 09:14 AM
Million Dollar Champion

thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinChan View Post
Time taken: 4 Minutes 45 seconds.

German Suplex 3
Spear 4 (With one being out of the ring)
Jackhammer 1
Spear
German Suplex 10
F-5 1.

That's the entire match. It was a spot-fest. Or rather signature+finisher fest. Nowhere near the best match of the night. At some points, there was horrible no-selling. Like Spear just after 3 German Suplexes?

Honestly, I liked their Wrestlemania XX match much more as it wasn't a spot-fest. The crowd didn't like that because they knew that Goldberg and Brock Lesnar were leaving. That reaction was towards that, not the match. Still, this match wasn't horrible or anything. More like a filler.

#ThankYouGoldberg
3 suplexs first up, then another 7 after the kick out from the Jackhammer.
It was exactly what it needed to be, quick, high impact and got the crowd back after the Orton vs Wyatt debarcle