WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives > Wrestlemania XXXIII
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-07-2017, 03:42 AM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default Wrestlemania XXXIII: WWE Universal Championship - Goldberg (c) VS Brock Lesnar

Well it's official as Goldberg will defend the Universal Championship against Brock Lesnar. Unless they've been deliberately keeping Goldberg from wrestling long matches to make his bout at WrestleMania feel more special, then this will be the lamest World Championship match in the history of WrestleMania. I have absolutely ZERO interest in this match because, in my opinion, the fans are the losers no matter who walks out with the belt. After all, no matter who wins, it'll most likely be months before we see the Universal Championship defended again. I'm just over, completely, 100% burned out with lazy mercenaries who can't wrestle have such plum spots in the biggest show of the year and receive such astounding booking because of who they were 15 to 20 years ago. I was actually kinda put off by the Chicago crowd at Raw because this is exactly the sort of thing that their boy, CM Punk, was raging against, yet here they were cheering for them, guess it shows just how fickle even hardcore smarks are today.

Lesnar almost certainly wins and we all pretty much know where it's probably heading, possibly for SummerSlam: a collision with Roman Reigns in which Reigns becomes the young stud who slays the beast.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 06:05 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...

The only thing I'm interested in with this match is to see if the crowd reaction could possibly be worse than Wrestlemania 20.
Old 03-07-2017, 06:47 AM
With the safety off!!
TNA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

Goldberg showed up in Chicago last night and got CM Punk chants for his trouble. Some fans can't be happy that he and Lesnar will be feuding for the top title on the flagship show. Now to give Lesnar his due, he has shown up a lot more often this year, but the only issue is that he's spent almost the entire year feuding with Goldberg and Goldberg alone.

He's pretty much gone through the rest of the roster so who is there for him to feud with after he wins it? Unless the WWE has a swerve in mind, not looking forward to the year after Mania, we've already been through this before.

This is not a match I'm interested in at all. The match at Survivor Series was a squash and nothing I've seen since then has impressed me much out of this pairing. Hoping this or the Reigns match doesn't go last. I don't think I can take another year of seeing Lesnar with the belt or Reigns being the last one standing. Don't think I'm alone in that either.
Old 03-07-2017, 08:00 AM
Million Dollar Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

The old school fan in me is excited about this match, not because of how great the match will be because we all know that this match won't be a technical masterpiece, but I'm always been a fan of those big spectical type of matches at mania. Hogan/warrior, warrior/savage, hogan/rock, rock/cena just to name a few and this is really one of those big spectical type of match which is what mania is all about.

WWE is in a rebuilding stage right now and are slowly trying to create new mega superstars to replace those current part timers. The main problem is that with today's current landscape, it's really hard to please everyone because guys that some groups of fans will like won't connect with another group of fans. So your stuck with part timers like goldberg and lesnar that are connecting with pretty much everybody.

So this match is the biggest match they have on this year mania card and while it seem like a lot of us that comment on the internet are not really happy about this, from the fan reaction that this feud has been getting as of now, I think that they will get the biggest pop of the entire show and will make mania look like the big show that it's supposed to be and at the same time help the perception that the universal title is the biggest title on the raw roster because no offense to balor and owens, but they didn't make anything to make you feel that the universal title is an world title
Old 03-07-2017, 08:00 AM
ECW TV Champion

OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...

I hope these guys actually give a shit and come in with the mindset that they're going to make people forget the debacle that was Mania 20. The only real interest I have in this match is how they're going to go about putting on a performance that lasts more than 5 minutes. I'm honestly not too put off about this because I'm thinking it will get max 10 minutes, which is fine. If I had any faith in Raw's booking team, I wouldn't even mind the fact that the title is probably going to be off TV for months on end, but I fear for the quality of Raw without the Universal strap there.

In regards to the actual match, I think there's going to be some sort of No Holds Barred stip added, which is exactly what should happen. This is the time to give the fans a show and the fans don't want to see a 30 second squash. It was cool the first time, but now I want to see these two destroy each other. Also, this would have been a lot more exciting if this was their first match together after Goldberg's return.
Old 03-07-2017, 08:07 AM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55 View Post
The old school fan in me is excited about this match, not because of how great the match will be because we all know that this match won't be a technical masterpiece, but I'm always been a fan of those big spectical type of matches at mania. Hogan/warrior, warrior/savage, hogan/rock, rock/cena just to name a few and this is really one of those big spectical type of match which is what mania is all about.

WWE is in a rebuilding stage right now and are slowly trying to create new mega superstars to replace those current part timers. The main problem is that with today's current landscape, it's really hard to please everyone because guys that some groups of fans will like won't connect with another group of fans. So your stuck with part timers like goldberg and lesnar that are connecting with pretty much everybody.

So this match is the biggest match they have on this year mania card and while it seem like a lot of us that comment on the internet are not really happy about this, from the fan reaction that this feud has been getting as of now, I think that they will get the biggest pop of the entire show and will make mania look like the big show that it's supposed to be and at the same time help the perception that the universal title is the biggest title on the raw roster because no offense to balor and owens, but they didn't make anything to make you feel that the universal title is an world title
Really? Finn Balor was unfortunately injured in the title match itself so he had to relinquish it the next night. Owens as well as Jericho tried a lot to make Universal Championship feel like World Championship. But did the booking favour them? Kevin Owens as Universal Champion was being pinned multiple times by Roman Reigns when he was the United States Champion.
The midcard champion was getting better day of the so-called Universal Champion who was supposed to be equivalent of a World Champion. How can you elevate a new title and increase its credibility when the title holder is losing to a midcard champion multiple times?

The booking didn't make you and us believe that Universal Championship was anywhere near to World Championship.
Old 03-07-2017, 08:19 AM
I know my name/avi/sig don't match.

The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55 View Post

It's pretty difficult to make a title that's pretty much universally hated (you decide if the pun was intended or not) to feel special. The title has had almost everything go against it since it was unveiled to boos at SummerSlam and placed BEFORE the United States Championship on the card.
Old 03-07-2017, 08:27 AM
I know my name/avi/sig don't match.

The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...

If Lesnar wins (haha "if") I really can't see him holding the title until Summerslam, that would mean RAW would be without a World Championship for over 4 months. I know that was obviously done before in the not so distant past but that was the only World Title at the time. Could he drop it at a B-Level show before that? Yeah but it would be anti-climactic. I fear that after Mania they might switch World Champions so that the full-time World Champion is on RAW while the part time World Champion is on Smackdown.
Old 03-07-2017, 08:35 AM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Life Of Pablo Ren View Post
If Lesnar wins (haha "if") I really can't see him holding the title until Summerslam, that would mean RAW would be without a World Championship for over 4 months. I know that was obviously done before in the not so distant past but that was the only World Title at the time. Could he drop it at a B-Level show before that? Yeah but it would be anti-climactic. I fear that after Mania they might switch World Champions so that the full-time World Champion is on RAW while the part time World Champion is on Smackdown.
I don't think that Brock Lesnar will lose it at a B-Level PPV. Also, that won't make sense. As of now, the plan seems like Brock gets the title at Wrestlemania 33 and loses it to none other than Roman Reigns at Summerslam.

As much as we don't like it, Raw could be without Brock Lesnar i.e Universal Champion until a month before Summerslam. I just don't see Brock Lesnar appearing on a B-Level PPV.
Old 03-07-2017, 09:55 AM

Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinChan View Post
I don't think that Brock Lesnar will lose it at a B-Level PPV. Also, that won't make sense. As of now, the plan seems like Brock gets the title at Wrestlemania 33 and loses it to none other than Roman Reigns at Summerslam.

As much as we don't like it, Raw could be without Brock Lesnar i.e Universal Champion until a month before Summerslam. I just don't see Brock Lesnar appearing on a B-Level PPV.
He's done it before at Extreme Rules, NOC and Battleground.