WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives > Wrestlemania XXXIII
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-01-2017, 03:08 PM
Future Endeavored
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

WorstWrestlingExcrement sold out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon Mathix View Post
I still hope it won't be Shane McMahon. I can't help but wonder how that creative meeting went down or how in the living hell Shane McMahon of all people came up as a choice for AJ Styles to face at WrestleMania. What if this isn't even a no holds barred match or anything crazy? What good will it do for anyone for AJ to drag Shane through a 20 minute regular match on the biggest PPV of the year? It's pretty much set in stone that Shane will strip AJ of his title match because Orton is back on. It doesn't make any sense at all unless Shane is turning heel and AJ is turning face respectively.

I was for a while now since I started reading WrestleMania rumors which by the way the past few years have been dead on despite myself and everyone else not wanting to believe them, hoping that Shinsuke Nakamura would be called up to face AJ at the big show. In fact I even made the segment on WWE 2k17 where AJ challenges Shane to a match and Shane declined saying he wouldn't be competition to AJ but that he had signed someone that would be and Nakamura's music hit. Would have been awesome. A long shot I get it as that's a lot for someone straight out of NXT, but it would have been better than what we are most likely getting.

I don't complain to much about WWE and just go along for the ride more often than not but this just seems like a huge waste of AJ at WrestleMania of all places after the incredible first year he had with the company. I don't care if Shane is Vince's son or he was a big deal at one point or just had a snoozefest match last year at Mania with Undertaker. Him having a regular one on one match with anyone let alone AJ Styles sounds laughable unless a gimmick match is added.

If Shane HAS to be on the card give him to Roman Reigns in a street fight. Play off the spear that broke him in half at Survivor Series and give AJ the Undertaker. Countless other options that could have happened and they go with one that left everyone going...huh?

After I predicted months of a triple threat match involving AJ Styles vs Randy Orton vs Bray Wyatt as this match is the only interesting match so far since rest of the card is a snoozefest. Shane mc moron & HHH should keep out and not hog the spotlight on themselves
Old 03-01-2017, 04:52 PM
WCW TV Champion

d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Not crazy about Bray Wyatt being a face now.

Bray Wyatt is megomaniacal cult leader who lords over people with fear and manipulation. You can't have the "Eater Of Worlds" be a nice guy.

This is where WWE is inconsistent. They won't turn Cena or Reigns, despite them being booed, they keep A.J. Styles as a heel, even though he is roundly cheered.

Yet they turn Bray because the fans cheer him and yell "You Deserve It" and they turned New Day into faces instead of remaining annoying, disingenious heels.

Some gimmicks work as heel. Bray Wyatt is one of them. The end of "Smackdown" made him look like a fool, and he is supposed to be the master of mind games.

Bray's gimmick will be watered down if he comes out smiling and touching people's hands down the aisle.

I would have had Bray turning on Harper be a ruse, and both of them turn on Randy Orton, who then seeks revenge and invokes his Wrestlemania title shot. Simple!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 10:15 AM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
Million Dollar Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...

What if: Owens survives Goldberg somehow.
Following night, Balor returns and challenges Owens. Y2J returns and screws Owens from the title. Balor wins back the Universal Championship.
SD: Shane says that Orton is back on track for the title, so it's Bray vs Orton at Wrestlemania. Styles won't accept this.
Next week, Foley and Steph bring out their newest signee, AJ Styles! Styles says that he's jumping ship, because RAW gave him something Smackdown wouldn't: a shot at the world title.
Shane won't accept this breach of contract, this leads to a Street Fight between Shane and Styles, if Styles wins, he's free to leave for RAW. Of course he does.

And it's Balor vs Styles for the Universal Championship at Wrestlemania.

One can dream, right?
Old 03-02-2017, 02:36 PM

swallop is looking to come up from OCW...

I read all of that for luke harper? No dude. Even shane is a better choice. Obviously nakamura is the best option but they wont do that. But still guys like Finn balor and samoa joe still dont have matches. Or even Undertaker. And just have roman reigns win the universal title before mania instead. There are far better options then luke harper.
Old 03-02-2017, 03:32 PM

ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Life Of Pablo Ren View Post
The idea of Harper vs. AJ itself isn't a bad one, I think it would be fun to see. But having #1 Contender matches at WrestleMania is an AWFUL idea.
AGREED.

HOWEVER.... If WWE put any effort into consistency in the determining of the #1 contender, then a #1C match at Mania could actually be a pretty big deal.

But, since they don't, it's not, and the idea of a #1C match at Mania is not a good one.
Old 03-02-2017, 03:33 PM

ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. View Post
What if: Owens survives Goldberg somehow.
Following night, Balor returns and challenges Owens. Y2J returns and screws Owens from the title. Balor wins back the Universal Championship.
SD: Shane says that Orton is back on track for the title, so it's Bray vs Orton at Wrestlemania. Styles won't accept this.
Next week, Foley and Steph bring out their newest signee, AJ Styles! Styles says that he's jumping ship, because RAW gave him something Smackdown wouldn't: a shot at the world title.
Shane won't accept this breach of contract, this leads to a Street Fight between Shane and Styles, if Styles wins, he's free to leave for RAW. Of course he does.

And it's Balor vs Styles for the Universal Championship at Wrestlemania.

One can dream, right?
Balor vs. Styles would be a fantastic match/feud for me, but if they're going to do it, I say bring Balor to SDL and just have the feud w/o the title. SDL needs a couple more names.
Old 03-03-2017, 09:18 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...

Styles has been botched since Rumble.

* Should've retained at Rumble, Cena with a 2 week title reign? Why?
* Wyatt should've won the Rumble and Styles retains at Chamber

AJ Styles vs. Bray Wyatt (WWE Title at Mania)
* This storyline would've made much more sense. Then when Wyatt wins his 1st World Title at Mania he beats the guy that has owned Cena & Ambrose.

Side Note: Pulled the plug on Orton/Wyatt Family Angle way to early. This could've been something drawn out to a match for the belt at Summerslam.
Old 03-04-2017, 12:41 PM
Da Best Sports Entertainer Ever
WWF Hardcore Champion

BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...

I know everyone loves Luke Harper all of a sudden, and I'll admit he is fairly underrated, but the simple fact is - he's not credible enough.

When was the last time he won a match? All he has done is take pinfalls so Bray didn't have to. Give him a year, a mid-card title reign, and then maybe but not this year.

Styles should face Balor. It would be the best match, and they have history in New Japan. I know we're getting Styles vs Shane, but I'm completely against it.
Old 03-04-2017, 07:53 PM

spaldoni is looking to come up from OCW...spaldoni is looking to come up from OCW...

I love the idea that was posted of AJ vs Taker. Why not? It goes well with the Shane/AJ friction. Shane tells AJ he has the ideal opponent for him, cue Taker's music. The build would be great and I think the match would deliver. That would be a WrestleMania type match.
Old 03-05-2017, 01:58 AM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
I know everyone loves Luke Harper all of a sudden, and I'll admit he is fairly underrated, but the simple fact is - he's not credible enough.

When was the last time he won a match? All he has done is take pinfalls so Bray didn't have to. Give him a year, a mid-card title reign, and then maybe but not this year.

Styles should face Balor. It would be the best match, and they have history in New Japan. I know we're getting Styles vs Shane, but I'm completely against it.
You're right in saying that Luke Harper ain't credible enough. Atleast nowhere near Bray, Styles etc.

As much as I would love Balor Vs. Styles, it doesn't make sense either. They do have a history but it was in NJPW. Not to forget that both are in different brands. It would be a lot better than AJ Styles Vs. Shane McMahon. But the latter atleast has some build while the former doesn't have any.