Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Spam Friendly Sections > The Prison
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 02-28-2017, 12:52 PM
Future Endeavored
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

TEIWCSCSAATBHPHASP is a member of the JOB SQUAD
Default Meryl Streep is the biggest overrated film actress in the history of Hollywood.

I just don't get why many people think of her like she's some best golden Hollywood actress from the movies. I never have watched any of her movies she's been in, and I never will. She's not that stunning. In my own opinion, Meryl Streep takes the cake for being the biggest and most overrated movie actress in the history of Hollywood. If you look up the words Overrated Hollywood Actress in an advanced dictionary, and right next to the words Overrated Hollywood Actress, there's a picture of Meryl Streep!

The big issue with Meryl, movie quality wise, is that she is the type of actress that seems to me like she is supposed to be a replaceable bottom-tier actress to the point that pundits won't miss her too much, and therefore, she is one of those people who directors want in their movies, but definitely not someone who you want to take the main lead role if the directors are looking to make billions and billions of net income generated from said movie. Many people however are wary of her because for the right reasons, they can't look past Meryl Streep's personal baggage, but the directors and Streep's fans all took a chance on Meryl Streep being in many movies.

Meryl Streep's biggest black mark would have to be the recent Golden Globe Awards where she took a political stand that would normally be the biggest no-no in history, as Hulk Hogan once stated in the Self-Destruction Of The Ultimate Warrior DVD. Even the movies she is remembered with, she had next to nothing to do with the box office net income of her movies generating billions of dollars. If anything, the movie stars that actually raked in a lot of money for the movies Streep was involved in, really indicates that she wasn't the one that carried the whole show to large net worths. Instead, the moneymaking movie stars (such as Dustin Hoffman, best known for Rain Man) who raked the money were actually better than Meryl Streep to begin with.

Some might say Meryl Streep's best works included an old movie Silkwood, Doubt and The Devil Wears Prada. It's easy to play an asshole in a movie if you are one in real life. Plus her voice seemed so super cringeworthy, and she supported a pedophile by the name of Roman Polanski back in 2003. Her overall career trajectory to me is that Meryl Streep always has been a shamefully disgusting self-back patting drama queen diva. Even before her Golden Globe Awards acceptance speech meltdown, the Roman Polanski was the first sign that Streep was about to be exposed for who she truly was as a human being.

Phase 1: Many people like Meryl Streep with the impression that she is a good actress and thus would like to see her movies.

Phase 2: She trashes a certain U.S. President (for I will not say his name this time) in the award acceptance speech at the Golden Globe Awards ceremony. However, people still like her, but are hesitant to watch her movies now due to her personal baggage.

Phase 3: Streep throws a big huge hissy fit like a child after her hired dress designer merely says sorry to her and Streep claims her reputation in Hollywood is forever ruined/tarnished, so her fanbase starts declining in huge numbers, next to nothing.

Anyway, I'm gonna give the forum users a chance to state their opinions about what they really think of Meryl Streep, in today's world.
Old 02-28-2017, 01:01 PM
My fave wrestler is Dirk Diggler.
WCW TV Champion

Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Spidey #2

You can not like her for her political opinions, but calling an actor/actress overrated when you've never watched any of her movies makes you look like a dumbass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Kerouac - On The Road
Whither goest thou, America, in thy shiny car in the night?
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 01:05 PM
Future Endeavored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get In The Bag, Spidey View Post
You can not like her for her political opinions, but calling an actor/actress overrated but you've never watched any of her movies makes you look like a dumbass.
Spidey, you don't have to watch any or all of Meryl Streep's movies to truly know that Streep is overrated but still be able to know that Streep is overrated for several reasons. If a forum user like Makaveli31 for example were to come here and reply, he'd probably know too that Streep is overrated and that's a fact. You don't have to watch Streep to think she's overrated, you can still think Streep is overrated without watching her movies.

Meryl Streep didn't carry the whole movie in one of the movies, especially one starring Dustin Hoffman.
Old 02-28-2017, 01:05 PM
Let me show ya somethin!!!
Million Dollar Champion

Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Next to nothing? 4/10.
Old 02-28-2017, 01:08 PM
Future Endeavored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Marshall Bill View Post
Next to nothing? 4/10.
Fire Marshall Bill: Meryl Streep's movies don't get a 4 out of 10 review ratings from me. She straight up gets a Zero out of 10 from me because she stinks up the whole atmosphere with her snotty attitude, on film sets (on the big camera screens) and away from the film sets. I however have to credit Dustin Hoffman in one of the movies that didn't necessarily feature Streep as a key character. Hoffman carried the whole show, not Meryl.
Old 02-28-2017, 01:13 PM
WCW TV Champion

Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEIWCSCSAATBHPHASP View Post
Spidey, you don't have to watch any or all of Meryl Streep's movies to truly know that Streep is overrated but still be able to know that Streep is overrated for several reasons. If a forum user like Makaveli31 for example were to come here and reply, he'd probably know too that Streep is overrated and that's a fact. You don't have to watch Streep to think she's overrated, you can still think Streep is overrated without watching her movies.

Meryl Streep didn't carry the whole movie in one of the movies, especially one starring Dustin Hoffman.
So your basis on her being overrated is...?

Quote:
Old 02-28-2017, 01:16 PM
Future Endeavored

Quote:
So your basis on her being overrated is...?
My basis on her being overrated is that she is overhyped by many people to be this perceived great actress that they portray her as, when in reality that is not the case, she is the type of actress who is someone you would want on your movie sets, but not necessarily someone who you want as your intended main lead and designated moneymaker.

Trust me Spidey, you do not want Streep on your film sets making more money than someone like Dustin Hoffman.
Old 02-28-2017, 01:18 PM
WCW TV Champion

With this reasoning, every well known actor/actress is overrated. Kinda defeats the point of having a discussion.

Quote:
Old 02-28-2017, 01:19 PM
Future Endeavored

Quote:
With this reasoning, every well known actor/actress is overrated. Kinda defeats the point of having a discussion.
I chose to let it be known to you all that Meryl Streep is overrated as a Hollywood film actress on film sets.
Old 02-28-2017, 01:23 PM
WCW TV Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEIWCSCSAATBHPHASP View Post
I chose to let it be known to you all that Meryl Streep is overrated as a Hollywood film actress on film sets.
I'd take your word for it, but you were wrong about Milo so I have my doubts.

Quote: