WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Non-Wrestling Non Spam Sections > The Media Hub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 02-26-2017, 03:16 PM
Natural 20 G-Mod
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

ABILITY SPOTLIGHT: FOCUS

CLASS: MONK

LEVEL: 1

AP NEEDED: 15

My Thoughts:
This ability lets you focus (as the name implies) your strength to inflict more damage on a physical attack. The resulting attack can be up to twice as strong as a normal attack would have been. Since I recommend fully mastering Monk, this would clearly fall under the recommended abilities regardless. I never really use it. It's the first ability I get though because I try to obtain the one that comes on the next Monk level immediately.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 03:21 PM
Natural 20 G-Mod

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

ABILITY SPOTLIGHT: BAREHANDED

CLASS: MONK

LEVEL: 2

AP NEEDED: 30

My Thoughts:
This allows you to do as much damage on normal attacks as a Monk would, without equipping a weapon. It is highly recommended that you obtain this ability immediately. It makes it a breeze to level up the caster classes for the first half of the game and it remains useful for quite some time. As for use in progression in the game, this ability will lose some of its usefulness in the actual quests later on. However, if you want a caster who can fight with more than a Staff or a Rod, this is the ability for you. I would argue that up until Galuf's Castle in the second world it is THE most important ability for assistance in leveling up classes. Saves you money on weapons for a bit too. Trust me. You'll be glad you did when it comes time to level up your White Mages.

Quote:
Old 02-26-2017, 03:28 PM
Natural 20 G-Mod

ABILITY SPOTLIGHT: COVER

CLASS: KNIGHT

AP NEEDED: 10

My Thoughts:
This ability allows you to take hits for allies who are in critically weak status (when the hero's graphic is on their knees in battle due to a low current Health count). It basically works like the similar ability that Cecil had in his Paladin form in Final Fantasy 4. Never give this to a caster class. Ever. It is best used by Knights and other classes that are proficient with heavy armor. It's not really recommended at all, honestly. I never use it but I get it now so that Knights can keep up with the caster classes that are also about to get leveled up a bit.

Quote:
Old 02-26-2017, 03:34 PM
Natural 20 G-Mod

ABILITY SPOTLIGHT: FIND PASSAGES

CLASS: THIEF

My Thoughts:
This allows you to see hidden paths on the field map that otherwise would be invisible. Whoever is at the top of your formation is the one who needs to have it equipped. Recommended for Faris, unless you are out to master everything for everyone. It comes in handy early on and all throughout the game if you do not have access to guidebooks or maps. If you do have a strategy guide or images of the maps then you don't need it at all. For those who want the stat bump for Agility from mastering Thief then this is the first objective on the path to that.

Quote:
Old 02-26-2017, 03:41 PM
Natural 20 G-Mod

ABILITY SPOTLIGHT: WHITE MAGIC (1)

CLASS: WHITE MAGE

My Thoughts:
The proficiency abilities for casting White Magic are broken up by tiers of spells. This is the first of 6 such proficiency tiers. Each time you gain more proficiency in casting White Magic this skill gets a level up to 6 and at that point you would be able to cast the entire White Mage spellbook. This particular skill allows any job equipped with it to cast Cure, Libra, and Poisona. You would be able to restore a small amount of Health, see enemy weaknesses, and undo the Poison status. I already stressed the importance of this in the White Mage class spotlight, so you should know the priority that learning this ability would have. Recommended for everyone.

Quote:
Old 02-26-2017, 03:46 PM
Natural 20 G-Mod

ABILITY SPOTLIGHT: BLACK MAGIC (1)

CLASS: BLACK MAGE

My Thoughts:
This works just like the White Mage equivalent. The spellbook is broken up into 6 tiers and this is the first one. Jobs that are equipped with this are able to cast Fire, Blizzard, and Thunder. While it is just the basic triad of elemental attack spells it is pretty useful in the early quests. Recommended for whoever you picked as your offensive caster(s) until you get Summoner or Time Mage later on.

Quote:
Old 02-26-2017, 03:51 PM
Natural 20 G-Mod

ABILITY SPOTLIGHT: CHECK

CLASS: BLUE MAGE

My Thoughts:
This ability lets you check (as the name implies) to see what an enemy target's current Health Point count is. I never use it. You'll need to learn this first in order to get the next Blue Mage ability which is much more important so let's get it out of the way now.

Quote:
Old 02-26-2017, 03:54 PM
Natural 20 G-Mod

ABILITY SPOTLIGHT: LEARNING

CLASS: BLUE MAGE

LEVEL: 2

AP NEEDED: 20

My Thoughts:
Extremely important for those who are trying to learn Blue spells without having to be a Blue Mage. I recommend having everyone learn this ability because it makes it far less frustrating to try to learn Blue spells. Anyone equipped with this can learn a Blue spell that the whole party would then gain access to if they survive the battle in good condition. Or you could skip this ability and just keep your Blue Mage(s) in that job forever, it's up to you. You'll need to learn this either way if you want to be able to have any other job cast Blue Magic. I get it early so that I can use it from the first point possible in the game.

Quote:
Old 02-26-2017, 04:03 PM
Natural 20 G-Mod

JOB MASTERING CHECKPOINT

KNIGHT: Level 1

MONK: Level 2

THIEF: Level 1

WHITE MAGE: Level 1

BLACK MAGE: Level 1

BLUE MAGE: Level 2

Other Thoughts:
If you're wondering what this is, I'll be putting together checkpoints like this one to assist those who do want to master every job for every character. be on the lookout for these posts to help you along and see how to go about the ordeal of fully mastering everything without it being too time-consuming. Basically, a simple way to go about it is to look at your caster class with the lowest AP count needed for its next ability (based off what spells you have purchased so far) and make sure none of the non-caster classes have a next level AP count lower than that. You cannot cast 2nd tier White/Black spells yet so the White/Black Mage classes do not need their next skill yet. The next class level for Black Mage is 20 AP. All classes should then be at a point where they have 20 or less AP for their next level up. Hopefully that makes sense. If the vision behind it did not make sense simply go by the list. I'll have one every now and then that I'll post.

Quote:
Old 02-26-2017, 04:10 PM
Natural 20 G-Mod

TORNA CANAL
My Level: 9

I set everyone to Monks with White Magic equipped for this event. Various fighter type classes with White Mage equipped is good early on so you can get their ability points. Everyone will be able to fight and heal. Sail east of Tule and the Wind Shrine, you will see a dead end with some gates in the mountain path along the water. Enter that and it is the Torna Canal. Bartz uses the key. Inside you get attacked by a boss.

Quote: