WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Impact Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 02-13-2017, 08:51 PM
The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
WWE Champion

It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...
Default 2017 Needs to be the Year of E-Li Drake

Drake is arguably the most vocally talented guy on the roster. With Davey set to feud with Eddie over Davey's turn, there's a huge opportunity to elevate Drake this year in a similar fashion to the way EC3 was originally pushed. And you can't escape the similarities when you consider the Tyrus factor, either.

I know Drake is a heel and EE is a face, but it's one less regular who we've been seeing in main event matches for the title for the last six months. I don't think he needs to get hot-shotted to the title, but he does need to start collecting wins, and he does need to establish himself as a dominant force if they plan on finally making right by him.

Frankly, the main event group could use a new body to revolve around. It's effectively been juggled between Lashley, EC3, and Eddie Edwards for the last year, plus. If you look at the history of winners since 2015, Lashley is a three-time champ, EC3 is a two-time champ, and while Edwards is only a one-time winner, he's held it for the last four months prior to the Lashley re-up, and he's wrestled that same group of names repeatedly for it in that span.

It's time to give the ball to Drake and let him run with it a while. He's too talented to be this underutilized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 09:00 PM
Ooh baby I like it roooaaaaw!
WWF Hardcore Champion

Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...

It's safe to say that by default Eli Drake is one of the top tier talents that TNA has at the moment. I did enjoy his work when he was in Hollywood Wrestling, and TNA really could use a shot in the arm. In all honesty though, the feud between Eli and EC3 has run its course I think, but for the time being who's another face he can go at it with? This is why I agree that he shouldn't get a crack at the strap just yet, but maybe go after the Grand Championship.
Old 02-13-2017, 09:10 PM
Yemrez Reqonıc
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I agree with you.

Bennett could go too if he had something good other than that feud with Ethan Carter III. I have high hopes for Moose as well.

Eli Drake and Ethan Carter III are the best in TNA regarding mic skills. It's almost rare that I love someone's mic skills since English is my third language. And these both have impressed me a lot with their promos.

Just book Eli like heel ECIII was booked.

Also, I remember reading that his contract is up soon so TNA shouldn't let him go first.
Old 02-13-2017, 09:32 PM
The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
WWE Champion

It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...

If his contract is up soon, that might explain the lack of an early push despite the strong positioning he was given heading into the year, and through the month of January.

If they can get him signed long-term, I think it's wise they reward his willingness to commit with a commitment on their own part to get him at the top of the card on a permanent basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
Old 02-15-2017, 12:44 PM
Knockout Champion

TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...

A lot of guys like The Wolves, Hardys, Storm are tied up doing other stuff and Rex is just starting his new gimmick, Galloway is probably going so Eli Drake & Mike Bennett are both heel talents that deserve a push to the top and now is the right time to do it, get rid of the 3 round rule in the Grand Title or whatever it's called and give it to either of these two for a length reign as well.

The main-event scene looks a bit tired and done in TNA at the minute, Lashley is a good champ, but I'm not sure I want to see him vs Moose or another feud with ECIII just yet.
Old 03-25-2017, 11:45 PM

Glacier is looking to come up from OCW...Glacier is looking to come up from OCW...

Has Eli left TNA?

Havent heard anything in a while.
Old 03-26-2017, 12:07 AM
Yemrez Reqonıc
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacier View Post
Has Eli left TNA?

Havent heard anything in a while.
Fortunately for Impact Wrestling, Eli Drake hasn't gone anywhere.

Looks like you might have forgotten but Eli Drake did wrestle on March 16 episode along with Tyrus against a new team of Garza Jr. and Laredo Kid. Also, I did read a report which confirmed that he has renewed his contract with Impact Wrestling.
Old 03-26-2017, 08:13 AM
Million Dollar Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

i agree with you, he'S one of the best performer on the roster and really should be a main event talent for impact wrestling. But look at his track record thus far, it doesn't look like he's a priority for them. For one, he lost a tag team match against 2 guys that doesn'T work for the company, and this week he was an extra in the segment between moose and cody rhodes.

The guy would be such a great get for any organization and he could become a big star if they let him be kinda like what Mr. Kennedy was in WWE before his big mouth got him in trouble but it looks like impact doesn'T see the potential in him what so ever and will focus on stars from others promotion instead of their own guys like they use to do when jarrett was controlling the whole think the first time around.
Old 03-26-2017, 08:34 AM
Yemrez Reqonıc
ECW TV Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55 View Post
i agree with you, he'S one of the best performer on the roster and really should be a main event talent for impact wrestling. But look at his track record thus far, it doesn't look like he's a priority for them. For one, he lost a tag team match against 2 guys that doesn'T work for the company, and this week he was an extra in the segment between moose and cody rhodes.

The guy would be such a great get for any organization and he could become a big star if they let him be kinda like what Mr. Kennedy was in WWE before his big mouth got him in trouble but it looks like impact doesn'T see the potential in him what so ever and will focus on stars from others promotion instead of their own guys like they use to do when jarrett was controlling the whole think the first time around.
Actually, those two did sign with Impact Wrestling.

I don't think he ain't a priority for Impact Wrestling. He's been getting the most mic time besides Hardyz in past, and his contract has been renewed as well. So, it seems like Impact Wrestling sees him as a major guy. But I think that his big push ain't coming as of now. Maybe due to arrival of Alberto Del Rio. Drew Galloway was supposed to have a big push just like Del Rio and I think that Drake would've got it, if not for Del Rio which would've been better as well.
Old 03-26-2017, 04:21 PM
Million Dollar Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinChan View Post
Actually, those two did sign with Impact Wrestling.

I don't think he ain't a priority for Impact Wrestling. He's been getting the most mic time besides Hardyz in past, and his contract has been renewed as well. So, it seems like Impact Wrestling sees him as a major guy. But I think that his big push ain't coming as of now. Maybe due to arrival of Alberto Del Rio. Drew Galloway was supposed to have a big push just like Del Rio and I think that Drake would've got it, if not for Del Rio which would've been better as well.
But that was before anthem bought the company and that jarrett and his team came aboard, I like Eli Drake, i really do and i get that he'S probably sign a new contract with impact based on the lack of offers from other companies. The guy needs to make money and probably impact made i'm an offer that would advance is career by giving i'm some exposure. But at the same time, this is a different IMPACT and From what i've seen as of now, it'S back the the old Jarrett way of booking thing which wasn'T a great success back in the day. He's trying to make IMPACT great again by bringing back all the old acts that IMPACT fans like back in the day and they are getting the focus, the main feud right now is Josh matthews vs Jeremy Borash so that's telling you the mindset of the IMPACT wrestling creative team right now, the focus probably won'T be on him for a while and if it is, it will be as part of the tag team divisions.

The fact that they are more focus on making deals with other promotions and bringing in more talents from those promotions means that they're will be less place for guys like eli drake as the year goes on and he'S probably going to be wasted as a jobber for most of his contract which is sad because he'S really could be a top star if treated right but don'T be surprise if in 3 months, he's jobbing to Jack Swagger.