WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 02-13-2017, 06:23 AM
of the Le'beau family
WWE Women's Champion

Xemmy scored a win over Santino Marella...Xemmy scored a win over Santino Marella...Xemmy scored a win over Santino Marella...Xemmy scored a win over Santino Marella...Xemmy scored a win over Santino Marella...Xemmy scored a win over Santino Marella...Xemmy scored a win over Santino Marella...Xemmy scored a win over Santino Marella...Xemmy scored a win over Santino Marella...Xemmy scored a win over Santino Marella...Xemmy scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default New WWE Champion

Ladies and Gentleman, Bray Wyatt has finally climbed the top of the mountain, beating The Miz, Dean Ambrose, Baron Corbin, AJ Styles, and John Cena to win his first world title.

Not only did Bray win, but he won clean, pinning both John Cena and AJ Styles. I know there are a lot of people that didn't want this. And they've taken so long to pull the trigger on Bray, I didn't think it would happen. Is anyone pumped for Orton vs Wyatt? Do you think it's actually going to happen? What do you think of Bray as WWE Champion and the future of his reign?

Personally, I marked out. I haven't gotten this excited since AJ debuted at the Rumble the year before. I don't know how they're going to book him. But I desperately don't want him to be a transitional champion.

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 06:51 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Un-Bo-Lievable Jeff is looking to come up from OCW...Un-Bo-Lievable Jeff is looking to come up from OCW...Un-Bo-Lievable Jeff is looking to come up from OCW...

The rumour of the whole story with Orton was that Orton would turn on him. Which then only really makes sense if he wins, what would be the point in him joining Wyatt only to lose to him down the road?

Unless they somehow come up with a story about Wyatt convincing Orton to do something else, I see Orton beating him at Mania.

Potentially Harper causes the upset and Wyatt retains, but I don't think that would do any favours for Wyatt.
Old 02-13-2017, 06:56 AM
of the Le'beau family
WWE Women's Champion

Xemmy scored a win over Santino Marella...Xemmy scored a win over Santino Marella...Xemmy scored a win over Santino Marella...Xemmy scored a win over Santino Marella...Xemmy scored a win over Santino Marella...Xemmy scored a win over Santino Marella...Xemmy scored a win over Santino Marella...Xemmy scored a win over Santino Marella...Xemmy scored a win over Santino Marella...Xemmy scored a win over Santino Marella...Xemmy scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un-Bo-Lievable Jeff View Post
The rumour of the whole story with Orton was that Orton would turn on him. Which then only really makes sense if he wins, what would be the point in him joining Wyatt only to lose to him down the road?

Unless they somehow come up with a story about Wyatt convincing Orton to do something else, I see Orton beating him at Mania.

Potentially Harper causes the upset and Wyatt retains, but I don't think that would do any favours for Wyatt.
Orton's a 12 time champion. Bray winning the belt for a month just to pass of it off to Orton doesn't make the most sense in the world to me. But that would be WWE wouldn't it?

Old 02-13-2017, 06:57 AM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

I'm glad to see that Bray Wyatt won the title and that he looked strong doing it. I wasn't entirely sure what I was expecting here in terms of how they'd ultimately portray each of the wrestlers and I was glad that Wyatt won so decisively. Wyatt was reported to be the heavy favorite in the match and if they weren't gonna put the title back on Styles, then going with Wyatt was the right choice as Cena vs. Orton for WrestleMania just doesn't have the juice. There's a good amount of TV time for SmackDown Live between now and WrestleMania so it should be interesting to see how the title picture plays out with Wyatt vs. Orton waiting to be built, Cena getting his rematch and Styles still being in the mix.

Personally, I hope Bray retains as I'm just not at all interested in Randy Orton as WWE Champion again. As with Cena, Orton is someone who doesn't really need the title and I don't believe that there's really a whole lot of enthusiasm about seeing Orton as champ again. I'm not trying to say that Orton still doesn't have it or anything like that, it's simply that his last few title runs have been met with lukewarm receptions and I don't see that improving, especially if it means ending Bray Wyatt's title run 6.5 weeks after it began.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 02-13-2017, 07:24 AM
WWF Hardcore Champion

comrade_mario worked a dark match on ECW recently...comrade_mario worked a dark match on ECW recently...comrade_mario worked a dark match on ECW recently...comrade_mario worked a dark match on ECW recently...comrade_mario worked a dark match on ECW recently...comrade_mario worked a dark match on ECW recently...comrade_mario worked a dark match on ECW recently...comrade_mario worked a dark match on ECW recently...comrade_mario worked a dark match on ECW recently...comrade_mario worked a dark match on ECW recently...comrade_mario worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I've been a fan of Bray for years but I really don't know if this was the best way to give him the belt. I know he looked decisive in beating both Cena and Styles clean but first time champions winning in multi-man matches always leaves me a little bit flat. Added to this is the assumption that Orton will be taking the title at Wrestlemania, because that storyline makes no sense if Orton doesn't go over.

We'll see what they come up with but for now I'd have preferred if Wyatt had won the Rumble and Orton the title, or if they went with Styles v Orton instead.
Old 02-13-2017, 07:34 AM
Don't thank me; I've done nothing
WWE Women's Champion

Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...

While I am happy enough to see Bray Wyatt win the title, I have very little interest in the Orton/Bray match up. We have seen it before at the beginning of this storyline.And it most certainly did not need the WWE title thrown into it.

Bray looking strong while winning actually does nothing for a variety of stories.

Surely Orton should have helped Bray win the title, providing us with the intrigue of did Randy help Bray win because he is part of the Wyatts or because he wants his final revenge by taking the title from Bray at Wrestlemania?

If Miz is going to have something to do with either Cena or Bryan at Wrestlemania, why was he not involved in getting Cena eliminated?

What was the point of AJ losing the title to Cena? If the idea is for AJ to be mad at Shane/Bryan, why not have him retain against Cena, perhaps through cheating and then be forced to defend in the Chamber? That would give him something to complain about other than "I do not have a match for Wrestlemania."

Of course, I didn't need all of these to happen in the same match, but something other than a blatantly obvious, on-going feud/match we have seen before should have been set up.
Old 02-13-2017, 07:44 AM

Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...

Yes Rumble to Chamber Title scene was done very poorly....

Cena wins at Rumble and drops it 2 weeks later??? Made no sense.....

and if your setting up feuds for Mania why not do this.....

1) Corbin pins Ambrose (I-C Title Feud Ready to go)
2) Cena defeats Corbin and Miz comes up from behind and takes out Cena. (Mixed tag feud ready to go). Miz brags for weeks about pinning Cena!!!
3) Same finish with Wyatt pinning Styles but afterwards you have Shane come out and congratulate Wyatt and grab the mic and say to a fallen Styles, "By the way, I'm the face that runs the place"

Then you have your 4 main Smackdown matches all set....
Wyatt vs. Orton, Cena/Bella vs. Miz/Maryse, Styles vs. Shane, and Corbin vs. Ambrose
Would've that been so hard???
Old 02-13-2017, 07:54 AM

Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...

Now this is how I would've booked it to begin with....

Wyatt wins the Rumble (Orton in the title match wasn't necessary).

Chamber
Styles regains Title as it gets down to him and Cena and out comes Samoa Joe. Joe destroys Cena setting up their match.

Mania Matches
Styles vs. B. Wyatt
* Wyatt wins gold after interference from the Family. This prompts Shane to deal Ambrose & the Uso's for Balor & The Club to even the odds post Mania.

Cena vs. Samoa Joe
* Cross promotion match. Joe says he was always better than Cena and wants to prove it. Joe should go over here to help his build up....

Ambrose vs. Orton vs. Corbin vs. Harper (I-C Title Fatal 4way), Corbin wins I-C Gold but joins the Wyatt Family after Mania.

I wouldn't split Wyatt & Orton anytime soon and post Mania I would have Balor,Anderson, and Gallows move to Smackdown and start a Bullet Club vs. Wyatt Family feud. Even have Baron Corbin join the Wyatt Family so you would have Styles, Balor, Anderson, & Gallows vs. Wyatt, Orton, Corbin, & Harper. This could really be solid for Smackdown.
Plus you still have a solid Women's & Tag division. Other top stars outside of the feud (Miz, Ziggler, etc...)
And to offset the losses of Balor & the Club send Ambrose & The Uso's back to Raw.
Old 02-13-2017, 08:42 AM
I know my name/avi/sig don't match.

The Life Of Pablo Ren worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Life Of Pablo Ren worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Life Of Pablo Ren worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Life Of Pablo Ren worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Life Of Pablo Ren worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Life Of Pablo Ren worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Life Of Pablo Ren worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Life Of Pablo Ren worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Life Of Pablo Ren worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Life Of Pablo Ren worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Life Of Pablo Ren worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencesc11 View Post
Yes Rumble to Chamber Title scene was done very poorly....

Cena wins at Rumble and drops it 2 weeks later??? Made no sense.....

and if your setting up feuds for Mania why not do this.....

1) Corbin pins Ambrose (I-C Title Feud Ready to go)
2) Cena defeats Corbin and Miz comes up from behind and takes out Cena. (Mixed tag feud ready to go). Miz brags for weeks about pinning Cena!!!
3) Same finish with Wyatt pinning Styles but afterwards you have Shane come out and congratulate Wyatt and grab the mic and say to a fallen Styles, "By the way, I'm the face that runs the place"

Then you have your 4 main Smackdown matches all set....
Wyatt vs. Orton, Cena/Bella vs. Miz/Maryse, Styles vs. Shane, and Corbin vs. Ambrose
Would've that been so hard???
How would Corbin eliminating Ambrose set up their IC title feud for Mania? The way they did it was great. The face gets the rollup on the monster heel and then the monster heel attacks the face afterwards setting up his elimination. That was literally the best executed thing all night. If Corbin just eliminated Ambrose clean then there's no reason for a feud, and if he resorted to rolling up Ambrose you're completely ruining Corbin's character. Corbin, although not to the same extent is Smackdown's version of Braun Strowman, he's their monster heel. He should never EVER use a cheap tactic to win.

You complained about Cena losing his title in only two weeks but you really think a weak attack/rollup from Miz is a better way to lose it than a convincing pinfall from the eventual winner of the match? It's not like they did nothing to set up the mixed tag, the seeds were planted during the backstage Nikki/Nattie segment.

And the thing with AJ/Shane makes Shane look like a heel. (That's not to say that the way they've been actually setting things up makes it look any different, but it's still not something that they want).

I don't mean it to sound like I'm shitting all over your ideas but you're acting like they did nothing to set up their side of the card when I think it's pretty clear that they did and that they did it well.
Old 02-13-2017, 09:20 AM

The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Барбоса View Post

If Miz is going to have something to do with either Cena or Bryan at Wrestlemania, why was he not involved in getting Cena eliminated?

What was the point of AJ losing the title to Cena? If the idea is for AJ to be mad at Shane/Bryan, why not have him retain against Cena, perhaps through cheating and then be forced to defend in the Chamber? That would give him something to complain about other than "I do not have a match for Wrestlemania."
- To your point about the Miz, they actually teased the rumored Miz/Maryse vs Cena/Nikki earlier in the night when while brawling with Natayla, Nikki feel onto Maryse.
More than Likely it will be all about Maryse (w/Miz) vs Nikki, with Cena eventually coming to the rescue.
- Cena won the world title and being the one to lose it to Bray was the right decision. Had AJ been the one to lose the title to Bray, wwe would have been forced to book the obligatory contract rematch, with it being heel vs heel. AJ heel, Bray is heel, and Orton is technically still heel, that would've been too complicated, when they could make Cena a transitional champion, while also getting that 16th title reign out the way.

As for as Wyatt's title win, I am excited to see what he does as champion. I was hoping to see Harper defeat Orton and get inserted into the match at Wm, but I am fine with it being just Orton vs Bray. The Wyatt/Orton/Harper has been my favorite feud going, and creatives should really start to give them an even greater depth of storytelling in the near future. Do some videos of all three at the Wyatt compound, or Wyatt talking to Orton's wife. Nothing stalker-ish, but as if the wife has known of Orton's recent involvement with the Wyatt family. Things like that should be done to get the fans interested in the build towards Wrestlemania. As others have mentioned, Orton vs Bray is a match we've seen before, so they really need to focus on the storyline build around it. This could be your average championship feud or they can really go all out with Orton's and Wyatt's characters.
With Bray being world champion now, I really hope that they become more creative with his charcter and start to do more with it.