WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 02-06-2017, 11:18 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default WWE Fastlane: WWE Universal Championship - Kevin Owens (c) VS Goldberg

Welp, it's all but written in the stars that Kevin Owens is going to be a sweet, gentle little lamb sacrificed upon the altar of Goldberg at Fastlane.

The writing on the wall seems to suggest that Goldberg decimates both Owens and Jericho at Fastlane, maybe via a double spear to take out Jericho, upon which he then hits the Jackhammer slam on Owens to become WWE Universal Champion. Jericho's presence at ringside and Goldberg taking him out is probably the only reason why this match might last longer than 30 seconds; I say "might" because I've little doubt WWE wants Goldberg to look as dominant as possible, so I don't see Owens lasting half as long as Lesnar did at Survivor Series.

All the complaining in the world won't make a bit of difference here, it's just a shame because I feel Owens deserves better than to be squashed by Goldberg and that this is yet another example of a modern star being fed to an Attitude Era guy.

There's a slim, a very, very slim chance that Owens keeps the title due to some interference from Brock Lesnar at Fastlane, though I'm not gonna hold my breath.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 12:58 AM

Asmo is looking to come up from OCW...

Could have had Goldberg dodge Lesnar's challenge, but challenge Owens. Lesnar taunts Goldberg in the weeks up to Fastlane. Fastlane: Goldberg has Owens beat, Heyman distracts the ref (or the ref is down), Lesnar takes out Goldberg and puts Owens on top.

The next night on Raw, Goldberg accepts. It feels a little more personal because Lesnar cost Goldberg his chance at the title.

Simple, and a little predictable but it'd add that much more fuel to their feud IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FollowTheBagpipes View Post
They could have Rusev futria, or they could have Rusev matchka. Either way, I'm all in.
Old 02-07-2017, 01:08 AM
WOKEN Warrior
WCW TV Champion

Spidey is a Television Champion...Spidey is a Television Champion...Spidey is a Television Champion...Spidey is a Television Champion...Spidey is a Television Champion...Spidey is a Television Champion...Spidey is a Television Champion...Spidey is a Television Champion...Spidey is a Television Champion...Spidey is a Television Champion...Spidey is a Television Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Spidey

Maybe Owens's reign as champion parallels Rollins's reign too much for my liking, but I have not enjoyed his character one bit (Jericho is really pulling it all in for me) and am sort of relieved if anybody is taking the strap from him, it could be the guy that won't be around long enough for it to matter. So Kevin can grab the title again and do better with it. I prefer Goldberg doing it because A. losing to Goldberg means nothing since everybody loses to Goldberg and B. It's an easy enough way to get the strap off of him and his weak run as champion.

Though I'm more in agreement that it seems more like fuel for Lesnar vs. Goldberg III, a match that doesn't benefit anyone at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Kerouac - On The Road
Whither goest thou, America, in thy shiny car in the night?
Old 02-07-2017, 03:51 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...

As long as it means we get the Owens that came in and beat John Cena and the one that was dominating Zayn for months facing Jericho at Wrestlemania, I can't complain about the loss to Goldberg.
Old 02-07-2017, 07:19 AM
WWF Hardcore Champion

closet_fan is looking to come up from OCW...closet_fan is looking to come up from OCW...closet_fan is looking to come up from OCW...closet_fan is looking to come up from OCW...closet_fan is looking to come up from OCW...closet_fan is looking to come up from OCW...closet_fan is looking to come up from OCW...closet_fan is looking to come up from OCW...

It will be easy protecting Owens by having Jericho cause KO to lost his title with the ref's back turned.

This writes itself to protect Owens, despite losing the title.
Old 02-07-2017, 07:49 AM

Aberle4Life is looking to come up from OCW...

Logically, Jericho making this match didn't make any sense. He was just talking KO into main-eventing WrestleMania with him, but then he decides it's a good idea to have Owens face Goldberg at Fastlane. Spur of the moment kayfabe, I know, but still...Jericho's character is supposed to be smarter than that.

I don't like the idea of Brock Lesnar costing Goldberg the match at Fastlane, also logically-speaking. Why wouldn't Brock want his match at 'Mania to be for the Universal Title? If anything, he'd help Goldberg win by evening up the odds with JeriKO, and then take Goldberg out after the match.

I'm hoping KO makes it to WrestleMania as champion, and that he and Jericho have that match title-for-title. They've earned it by mostly carrying Raw for the past several months. I know that isn't how WWE necessarily works, but it would be good to see happen nonetheless, particularly for Jericho, one of my all-time favorites. Unfortunately, I don't see anything short of Brock Lesnar costing Goldberg the title at Fastlane, which I don't think is smart booking at all. That would ensure Owens and Jericho becomes a grudge match at 'Mania, but that could have happened naturally with each simply wanting to be Universal Champion.
Old 02-07-2017, 08:01 AM
ECW TV Champion

OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...

I haven't watched Raw yet, but even so, I could see this coming from a mile away. I just don't understand the logic in having the Brock/Goldberg match be for the title. The match sells all on its own and whoever wins the thing (presumably Brock) probably won't be around for at least a couple of months. That's two of the reasons why I'm not sold on the fact that Goldberg walks out of Fastlane with the strap. Still, I don't really see a situation in which he can lose. Brock could of course cost him the match but why? He'd be costing himself a chance at the Universal title. I guess they could always spin it as Brock would rather hurt Goldberg than become Universal champion but I doubt it.

Another way to go is DQ. Jericho could hit Goldberg with a chair, the belt, whatever, Goldberg could destroy both guys and Brock could come out afterwards to attack him. Owens could then blame Jericho for stealing the biggest win of his career from him to set up their match. Hm, I guess I could see situations in which he loses... Either way, if Goldberg doesn't walk out with the title, there needs to be some sort of interaction between him and Lesnar.

I don't see this match going very long. I highly doubt Goldberg could put on anything resembling a decent wrestling match at this point. We'll see I guess, but I think we could be in for a swerve here.
Old 02-07-2017, 09:24 AM
I know my name/avi/sig don't match.
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...

There's no "protecting" Owens here, he unfortunately has to get squashed. They can't do an interference or a DQ it has to be a clean as a whistle squash by Goldberg. Then the next night on RAW you have KO flip a switch and destroy Jericho for putting him in that spot. Goldberg has to look as strong as possible heading into the match with Lesnar at WrestleMania.

With that said, I'm setting the over/under at 45 seconds... he can't last as long as Lesnar.
Old 02-07-2017, 10:44 AM
WWE Women's Champion

Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...

With Goldberg accepting that challenge yesterday it would be mighty stupid for Lesnar to interfere. He is already getting Goldberg for Mania, why not with title?

No, if anyone interferes it would be Jericho. Only question is: Is he gona help Owens or he is gona cost him that title?
Old 02-07-2017, 11:51 AM
R.I.P Mustang Sally :( :( :(
WWE European Champion

L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...

I hope that KO loses the title, hopefully in a huge squash so he can finally hit the reset button and get away from this awful JeriKO team that has made him into a huge joke during the past few months.

Yes, Y2J in a comedy role suits him fine at this point but KO lost everything that made him legit in an effort to make look like a chump and he needs to lose the title asap.

As for Brock vs Bill, unlike others I think putting the title in this match makes perfect sense given that Goldberg isnt exactly a stalemate and also the Universal title would gain some much needed prestige being held by someone that actually matters and is portrayed as being something other than a chickenshit heel.