WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 02-06-2017, 11:07 PM

Glacier is looking to come up from OCW...Glacier is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Samoa Joe Will Be WWE Champion- True or False?

He has made a big debut and aligned himself with HHH.

Will he be a champion?
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 12:03 AM
Bald Billy was Better
WWE Diva's Champion

Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...Dmbfantomas scored a win over Santino Marella...

He will not be WWE Champion.

Universal Champion is certainly a possibility down the road though, it'll be a while though.
Old 02-07-2017, 12:08 AM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

He just debuted tonight, Balor is due back soon so let's wait a few months or a year and see what happens. There are others in his way. Personally I don't see it but stranger things have happened. A run with the US title maybe.
Old 02-07-2017, 12:27 AM
WOKEN Warrior
WCW TV Champion

Spidey is a Television Champion...Spidey is a Television Champion...Spidey is a Television Champion...Spidey is a Television Champion...Spidey is a Television Champion...Spidey is a Television Champion...Spidey is a Television Champion...Spidey is a Television Champion...Spidey is a Television Champion...Spidey is a Television Champion...Spidey is a Television Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Spidey

Sure. If Kevin Owens can be the Universal Champion, I don't see why Samoa Joe cannot. He has made an impression, has a special look and personality to him, is great in the ring as well as the mic, and people love him. You can't really get better than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Kerouac - On The Road
Whither goest thou, America, in thy shiny car in the night?
Old 02-07-2017, 12:49 AM
Registered Suplex Offender
WWE Diva's Champion

Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I remember a lot of people in forums saying AJ Styles would never hold a world title in WWE when he debuted this time last year, but here we are.

Samoa Joe is 37 years old and theoretically could wrestle for a least the next 3 to 10 years barring no serious injury. Last year when we were talking about Styles, there was only one world title. Joe has debuted in a two world title WWE.

I don't know how he doesn't hold the title. The issue I'm sure will be brought up the most is the issue of look. Joe is a great big boy and has a starkly different look than say the diet Khal Drogo that is Roman Reigns.

We've talked about look to death. Look can be a deterrent, but it is certainly not prohibitive. Mick Foley was a world champion. The KO defence will plague are discussions here for years. The point is, people who draw get world titles.

Joe has Triple H's support. Joe wouldn't have debuted as his enforcer if he didn't. Samoa Joe is an imposing figure. Sadly, WWE likes their heel champions cowardly. If anything Joe will most assuredly have a short run, but his intensity and skill in the ring make him a sure thing.

Samoa Joe will be a world champion in WWE. Most likely that will happen outside of WrestleMania season in 2018.
Old 02-07-2017, 08:57 AM

Phenomenal is a member of the JOB SQUAD

The whole roster has nearly been a world champ and most of them look like jobbers/mid card at best. Joe will have it easy because of his look and aggressive style. He will be champion in no time.

CrayzChris
Old 02-07-2017, 05:38 PM
ROH Pure Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

let him time to grow and take himself out of HHH's shadow because the one thing that can hurt a performer more then anything else is being align with HHH or in owens case, have HHH give you the title.

So For now, i don't see it happening right now, maybe by summerslam because it would love to see Lesnar vs Joe at summerslam for the universal title.

The other option would be to switch him brand when they do the draft this year which unless they have change their mind, they are going to do a draft this year. then i could see him be a world champion before the end of the year again him vs orton or cena or even aj styles would be awesome in my opinion.
Old 02-07-2017, 05:46 PM
ECW TV Champion

OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...

I don't see why not, the guy is a complete package. He can go in the ring, is strong on the mic, has a great presence, and has spent 15 years perfecting his gimmick. Samoa Joe is a guy who completely gets it, and it's usually those type of people who end up being the most successful. They brought him in really strong, and I have faith in his ability to build from there.

I just don't see him fading away. Joe's a guy that makes you take notice and holds your attention. In other words, championship material. Yeah, I'm a Joe mark I don't care.
Old 02-07-2017, 05:56 PM
ROH Pure Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OYDK View Post
I don't see why not, the guy is a complete package. He can go in the ring, is strong on the mic, has a great presence, and has spent 15 years perfecting his gimmick. Samoa Joe is a guy who completely gets it, and it's usually those type of people who end up being the most successful. They brought him in really strong, and I have faith in his ability to build from there.

I just don't see him fading away. Joe's a guy that makes you take notice and holds your attention. In other words, championship material. Yeah, I'm a Joe mark I don't care.
you didn'T watch his TNA run i guess because their was alot of times during his tna run we're he looked like just another guy especially after he lost the TNA title. When Joe cares about what he'S doing, he hold your attention and he's probably one of the best all around performer in the business no questions ask, but when on the other side of the coins, when he doesn'T care anymore and i've seen that happened alot in TNA, they're nobody better then Joe to fade in the background.

I'm a big fan of the guy but since i've seen both version of joe, i think that if he wants to and just don'T care about what they give him, he will just blend in and fade away like he did in TNA near the end of his run.
Old 02-07-2017, 06:05 PM
ECW TV Champion

OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55 View Post
you didn'T watch his TNA run i guess because their was alot of times during his tna run we're he looked like just another guy especially after he lost the TNA title. When Joe cares about what he'S doing, he hold your attention and he's probably one of the best all around performer in the business no questions ask, but when on the other side of the coins, when he doesn'T care anymore and i've seen that happened alot in TNA, they're nobody better then Joe to fade in the background.

I'm a big fan of the guy but since i've seen both version of joe, i think that if he wants to and just don'T care about what they give him, he will just blend in and fade away like he did in TNA near the end of his run.
I watched TNA in spurts, have never been a full-time viewer. From what I saw, they misused him spectacularly. They had somebody who could have been their Undertaker and decided to pass on him for WWE rejects and put him in some of the dumbest angles imaginable. I don't blame him for not caring and that shouldn't be an indictment of Joe.

Coming to WWE has rejuvenated him and he's putting in some of the best work of his career in my opinion (or at least what I've seen og his career). Like you said, when he's on, he's one of the best pro wrestlers in the world and because he's finally being treated as he should be, I don't see why he would lose interest.

Look what WWE's done with AJ Styles. Another guy that TNA wasted in his last years with the company.