WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 02-04-2017, 03:05 PM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
WWF Hardcore Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default Vince's policy: easy money

This is what this year's Wrestlemania proves to me anyway. I've seen so many proposed cards, that the actual card really looks like the work of an amateur. Rematches and big names, that's what this Wrestlemania sounds like.

However I noticed that this is a common theme in Vince's book. Every time Vince has the ability to use many big names, the card ends up horrible, but the event sells, due to the names.

Other times Vince has done that? Wrestlemania 29, we got three rematches as the main events. Plus a horrible undercard with a lot of big names in there as well like Jericho and Orton. Wrestlemania 26, again, rematches, Wrestlemania 25, again, rematches. At least there was a decent build-up though, right?

I get the bussiness notion behind this though. Why waste big time matches that can sell future PPVs, when the big names won't be there?
Matches like AJ vs Orton, Cena vs Taker, Ambrose vs Cena, Styles vs Nakamura, Wyatt vs Lesnar.. you know, the matches that people would care to watch at this year's Wrestlemania, are all big time matches that can sell other PPVs on their own, like Summerslam. Cena vs Undertaker can easily sell next year's WM, where Goldberg won't be there, or even WM 35, where Lesnar might not be there either.

I get why Vince is doing this and he's not giving us everything we hoped for this year. Maybe that's why he's running a worldwide empire that has been making him rich for the past 35 years and we're not.

The Royal Rumble got 50,000 people without anything special really happening. Just saying, the card may end up sucking, but it will still go down as one of the best selling Manias of all time, just like every past Wrestlemania, since WM 19 has done.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 03:49 PM
Sing about me, I'm dying of thirst
ECW TV Champion

Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Rainbow Yaz

Why is that a bad thing? The number one goal of a business is to make money. WWE is doing that pretty well it seems, as they are drawing huge numbers at their PPVs.

But please, go on about how a bunch of keyboard warriors know more about wrestling than Vince McMahon.
Old 02-04-2017, 04:30 PM
WZCW Head of Creative
World Heavyweight Champion

Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...

Actually, what Vince does better than everyone else, is balances is the card between making use of veteran part time wrestlers and grooming the stars of tomorrow. It's a business plan that has turned the WWE into one of the most profitable entertainment companies in the world and a house hold name. Since Hogan, Vince has brought through people like Stone Cold, The Rock, Triple H, Kurt Angle, Edge, The Undertaker, Shawn Michaels and John Cena. The business plan to sell Wrestlemania doesn't necessarily hinge on making new stars right away for two reasons. First, it take some time to get the stars to that level and one big match at Mania isn't going to do anything to the bigger picture. And second, Mania isn't just for the IWC, it's for the casual fan that wants to see a spectacle and not a bunch of people that they haven't heard about. That's why we'll get Big Show versus Shaq amongst others.

At the end of the day, Vince is running a company the way he wants and it keep delivering profit for his share holders. None of us are in a position to tell him he's wrong.
Old 02-04-2017, 04:51 PM
WWE Women's Champion

Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
I get why Vince is doing this and he's not giving us everything we hoped for this year. Maybe that's why he's running a worldwide empire that has been making him rich for the past 35 years and we're not.
That and because Samoa Joe vs Aj Styles or whatever IWCs wet dream for this years Mania is wont sell as good as Goldberg vs Lesnar. Just like everyone frowned upon Cena vs Rock "Twice in a lifetime" at Wrestlemania 29 but event set highest grossing live event in WWE history. That is why IWC doesnt book wrestling(well, except fantasy wrestling) and Vince does.
Old 02-04-2017, 05:44 PM

Kamala316 is looking to come up from OCW...Kamala316 is looking to come up from OCW...

As long as people keep spending their money on all things WWE, and Vince continues to turn a profit, why would he "give the people what they want"? There's no competition out there that will force Vince's hand to do anything drastic, and that is why every show (for years, including PPV's) has felt the same, with the performers feeling like they're just going through the motions. As a fan, it's frustrating that the performers that bust their asses all year get pushed down a few notches when WrestleMania comes around. Vince preaches about the "brass ring", and giving 'opportunities', yet AJ Styles (as of now) will most likely go on before the Big Show-Shaq match. Cena's been gone for months, and they put the belt on him for the Road to WrestleMania. Will he keep it? Who knows. It's too late in the game for Vince to change his ways. The only way I see things change is if people stop going to shows, buying the merch, and subscribing to the Network. And we all know that's not going to happen.
Old 02-04-2017, 05:56 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Yaz View Post
Why is that a bad thing? The number one goal of a business is to make money. WWE is doing that pretty well it seems, as they are drawing huge numbers at their PPVs.

But please, go on about how a bunch of keyboard warriors know more about wrestling than Vince McMahon.
He didn't say it was a bad thing. He pretty much admitted it and said that's why Vince has been in business for so long.

It's a shame though to see constant rematches when we generally know the outcome. As fans what we really want is a stacked card with no idea who's really going to win. As fans that's not a bad thing to want.
Old 02-04-2017, 07:25 PM
Future Endeavored
WWE Women's Champion

LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Yaz View Post

Huh? Weird reply. We're wrestling fans. We want to enjoy the product. Vince's money doesn't go into your pockets, so why do you care if his business is making money?
Old 02-04-2017, 07:53 PM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
United States Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. View Post
This is what this year's Wrestlemania proves to me anyway. I've seen so many proposed cards, that the actual card really looks like the work of an amateur. Rematches and big names, that's what this Wrestlemania sounds like.
Actual card? There has been one proposed match and a Rumble winner.

Quote:
However I noticed that this is a common theme in Vince's book. Every time Vince has the ability to use many big names, the card ends up horrible, but the event sells, due to the names.
WM sells itself. Yes the names help but you look at event like last year where some big names got hurt and it still sold pretty well.

Quote:
Other times Vince has done that? Wrestlemania 29, we got three rematches as the main events. Plus a horrible undercard with a lot of big names in there as well like Jericho and Orton. Wrestlemania 26, again, rematches, Wrestlemania 25, again, rematches. At least there was a decent build-up though, right?
Yet, 25 and 26 did not have the part timers. At least not to the extent we have seen since 29. 25 and 26 still sold well to the best of my knowledge.

Quote:
I get the bussiness notion behind this though. Why waste big time matches that can sell future PPVs, when the big names won't be there?
Exactly, don't blow your wad. They now have like 22 PPVs a year to sell plus NXT events. There hasn't been a WM or fight card in history that was full of main events with a thick story and history. It would make no sense.

Quote:
Matches like AJ vs Orton, Cena vs Taker, Ambrose vs Cena, Styles vs Nakamura, Wyatt vs Lesnar.. you know, the matches that people would care to watch at this year's Wrestlemania, are all big time matches that can sell other PPVs on their own, like Summerslam. Cena vs Undertaker can easily sell next year's WM, where Goldberg won't be there, or even WM 35, where Lesnar might not be there either.
Wait, remember when you said you've seen "so many proposed cards"? I'm not sure your card is that great. Ambrose v Cena? Wyatt v Lesnar? I'm not sure what makes these matches so great, let alone the build to these matches.

Quote:
I get why Vince is doing this and he's not giving us everything we hoped for this year.
Who is "we"?

Quote:
Maybe that's why he's running a worldwide empire that has been making him rich for the past 35 years and we're not.
Don't forget that he was born the son of a big time wrestling promoter.

Quote:
The Royal Rumble got 50,000 people without anything special really happening. Just saying, the card may end up sucking, but it will still go down as one of the best selling Manias of all time, just like every past Wrestlemania, since WM 19 has done.
Who said it wouldn't sell. It supposedly has Shaq wrestling in Orlando, that's huge. Think of the parents who can take their kids to Disneyworld the day before and knock off some quality family time.
GSB Observation #8675309 - I've never seen Samoa Joe and Manny from Modern Family in the same room at the same time, coincidence?
Old 02-04-2017, 07:57 PM
Million Dollar Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBGetBack View Post
Huh? Weird reply. We're wrestling fans. We want to enjoy the product. Vince's money doesn't go into your pockets, so why do you care if his business is making money?
But if you don't enjoy the product and if others that complains all the time about the product, why are yo guy continuing to pay to watch the product. Why pay for something you don't enjoy really. It's really dumb when you think about it.

Vince is prety much booking the product the only way he knows and that's to entertain the casual fans and that's why matches like goldberg vs lesnar is probably going to be the main event of mania and why the bigger stars are getting the bigger spot at mania because everybody knows who they are. It sad for those that bust their ass during the year but that's what works right.

When you think about it, when you put a mach like goldberg vs lesnar on top of the mania card, you get a mainstream exposure that you wouldn't get with aj styles or samaoa joe. Sometimes I think the IWC are to uptight about what they want, they want WWE to be booked like a indy fed where the quality of wrestling is more important then makig money. WWE is and always will be a sports entertainment company, they don't do wrestling, te tell stories the problem is that now with the fact that they have too much tv , it make it seem like they have too many rematches by the time mania comes around but that the system that fans seems to want right now so returning back in time with less tv and less star vs star matches wouldn't work anymore so you either stick around and watch it or stop watching it and even more, if you don't enjoy the product, just stop paying your subscription to the network because if I wasn't enjoyig myself, oi wouldn't continue to pay for it.
Old 02-04-2017, 08:04 PM
Future Endeavored
WWE Women's Champion

LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55 View Post
But if you don't enjoy the product and if others that complains all the time about the product, why are yo guy continuing to pay to watch the product. Why pay for something you don't enjoy really. It's really dumb when you think about it.

Vince is prety much booking the product the only way he knows and that's to entertain the casual fans and that's why matches like goldberg vs lesnar is probably going to be the main event of mania and why the bigger stars are getting the bigger spot at mania because everybody knows who they are. It sad for those that bust their ass during the year but that's what works right.

When you think about it, when you put a mach like goldberg vs lesnar on top of the mania card, you get a mainstream exposure that you wouldn't get with aj styles or samaoa joe. Sometimes I think the IWC are to uptight about what they want, they want WWE to be booked like a indy fed where the quality of wrestling is more important then makig money. WWE is and always will be a sports entertainment company, they don't do wrestling, te tell stories the problem is that now with the fact that they have too much tv , it make it seem like they have too many rematches by the time mania comes around but that the system that fans seems to want right now so returning back in time with less tv and less star vs star matches wouldn't work anymore so you either stick around and watch it or stop watching it and even more, if you don't enjoy the product, just stop paying your subscription to the network because if I wasn't enjoyig myself, oi wouldn't continue to pay for it.
Because if you're a fan of major league, big time pro wrestling, it's basically the only game in town? What choice do we have?

I don't have a problem with Lesnar-Goldberg. I'm actually enjoying their thing quite a bit and am glad it will seemingly be on the card. It's Shaq, Shane, Taker, and probably HHH that I'm not feeling. Especially Shaq and Shane. But Taker is washed up. And Triple H's Mania only matches have grown boring. I haven't cared about him wrestling since he went against Bryan.

Last edited by LBGetBack : 02-04-2017 at 08:06 PM.