WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE NXT
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-30-2017, 06:07 AM
Only have NJ World now!
Knockout Champion

ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Default What do you think is wrong with NXT currently?

There were two title changes at Takeover and yet there are no new threads made. I think this is pretty telling that interest in NXT has waned.

Do you think this is true? If so, why do you think this is?

For me, storylines were always simple but still interesting. Now nothing really interesting is happening either... Could this be because of that writer going to Smackdown?

Talent... When thinking of great NXT talents in its history, I realise all of them were kinda indie/TNA/Japan-made already. Of course some good "WWE-made talents have come out of the system. I guess now Tye Dillinger would be the closest. But the talent seems a lot blander than before. Is NXT really as good at creating new stars as we think?

Personally I haven't actually watched any weekly NXT's this year, and after watching the Rumble and Takeover I'll be cancelling my Network subscription! Not to say either show was bad... But NXT used to really be must see for me. Perhaps I'm just burnt out on it. What do you all think?
Old 01-30-2017, 07:52 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

wrestler36 is looking to come up from OCW...wrestler36 is looking to come up from OCW...wrestler36 is looking to come up from OCW...wrestler36 is looking to come up from OCW...wrestler36 is looking to come up from OCW...wrestler36 is looking to come up from OCW...wrestler36 is looking to come up from OCW...

I think it's just a swing of talent leaving for the main roster. I don't usually watch NXT, but I catch the Takeovers because of the hype (which they always live up to). Like for example, there is a HUGE talent level gap right now between Asuka and the rest of the women. That was apparent when they brought Mickie in for the last Takeover. The same is going to be true with Bobby Roode. Seems like Joe will be called up soon, maybe even tonight. So if Nakamura gets a rematch, who will be next? Cassius? There's not really too much top tier talent left. Which, in essence, isn't really a bad thing, as NXT is originally supposed to be a breeding ground for up and coming talent. There will probably be a lull from now til after Wrestlemania and so forth, but I'm sure they'll be some big signings in the future. Maybe guys like Drew Galloway will come back
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 08:39 AM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestler36 View Post
I think it's just a swing of talent leaving for the main roster.
That's pretty much how I see things. In the grand scheme of things, there are going to be times in which the NXT product doesn't feel as fresh or as good as in years past. This is due to some of the talent from NXT heading to the main roster with those who're making their way up in NXT possibly just not being as good or interesting as those who came before them. NXT is still a lot of fun for me, the show continues to be well produced, the booking remains solid and the TakeOver events deliver quality entertainment.

One thing I'm not crazy about right now is that hot potato title booking looks to have found its way into more prominence in NXT. Joe & Nakamura traded the title between them twice each in 2016 and Nakamura dropped the strap to Bobby Roode after 56 days. We're seeing it, to some degree, with the tag titles as well, though it's not as pronounced. I'm hoping this isn't something that becomes par for the course in NXT now that every TakeOver event takes place as part of the weekend of the original Big Four ppvs of Royal Rumble, WrestleMania, SummerSlam and Survivor Series.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 01-30-2017, 08:40 AM
WWE Women's Champion

Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...

Flavor of the month expired. Plus all that worth something are already on main roster like they should be. KO is Champ, Balor was Champ, Zayn is there, all 4 horsewomen are there repeating NXT storylines for Women title. Even Neville is Cruiserweight Champ.
Old 01-30-2017, 10:14 AM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I don't watch NxT weekly anymore as it's basically in a rebuilding mode after the brand split. Because of brand split, NxT's women division has suffered the most for sure.

There isn't anyone near the level of Asuka as of now. The call-ups of Carmella, Alexa Bliss, Nia Jax and Bayley at the same time have hurted the credibility of women division.

The only hopes are from Nikki Cross and Ember Moon. I don't think that Billie Kay and Peyton Royce are anywhere near these three yet.

Apollo Crews should've stayed on NxT as it was too soon for him. Not that he's doing anything noteworthy on Smackdown Live.

It's going to be better soon.
Old 01-30-2017, 10:42 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

roipdh123 is looking to come up from OCW...roipdh123 is looking to come up from OCW...roipdh123 is looking to come up from OCW...roipdh123 is looking to come up from OCW...roipdh123 is looking to come up from OCW...

Looking at the WWE roster there are a lot of undercarders who can go down to NXT to help it shine (similar to Kidd in 2014). Guys like Swagger and Goldust could help NXT, but the top 4 guys that should unquestionabley go down there (not that they are bad, they are just lost) are:
Tyler Breeze
Fandango
Apollo Crews
Bo Dallas
TNA - Hate 3: Dixie & Anderson & EY.
Old 01-30-2017, 12:17 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

wrestler36 is looking to come up from OCW...wrestler36 is looking to come up from OCW...wrestler36 is looking to come up from OCW...wrestler36 is looking to come up from OCW...wrestler36 is looking to come up from OCW...wrestler36 is looking to come up from OCW...wrestler36 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by roipdh123 View Post
Looking at the WWE roster there are a lot of undercarders who can go down to NXT to help it shine (similar to Kidd in 2014). Guys like Swagger and Goldust could help NXT, but the top 4 guys that should unquestionabley go down there (not that they are bad, they are just lost) are:
Tyler Breeze
Fandango
I don't know why these guys aren't a Smackdown featured tag team. Drop the name Breezango and just call them the Fashion Police. These guys are hilarious. And proven to be good workers.
Old 01-30-2017, 12:34 PM
NaNoWriMo'17 50,000 words in 30days
WWE European Champion

Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank N Steins_Gate

the same thing that's wrong with it every time a bunch of big names get called up to the main roster.

They're in the process of building up new names which is always for a bit boring when you've gotten used to the previous batch of talent. Don't worry though they are doing a good job of building up the new talent like EY, Dillinger and the new women in the division are being groomed and by 'Mania weekend they will be at the top of the pile and everything will be back to normal.
Old 01-30-2017, 02:27 PM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
Million Dollar Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...

NXT at the end of the day is still WWE's developmental with a couple big names to help sell small arenas.

It's just difficult to follow the period when Balor, Aries, Itami, Joe, Zayn, Nakamura, Bayley were all there at the same time.

However some names from the main roster should get down to NXT. Cesaro did wonders there. Crews obviously needs to return. Maybe even a guy like Ziggler. Get down there, get the spotlight on him, just to shake things up a little bit.

Ziggler vs Nakamura can feel 10 times bigger if it headlines a TakeOver for example rather than being a midcard match at a PPV. Just saying.
Old 02-01-2017, 09:08 PM
With the safety off!!
TNA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

As it's already been alluded too the talent drain to fill spots on the main roster after the brand split have done NXT in. They haven't been able unfortunately to fill those vacant spots as much as they would have liked. HHH said himself in a news story the other day, that he himself wasn't happy with NXT as of right now. Injuries to Itami and TM61 haven't helped either.

No doubt they were wanting to pull talent like Omega from NJPW, but that doesn't seem to be happening either. It's a rebuilding process and they will hit bumps in the road. With Joe on the main roster now, it will be some time before Nakamura or Roode can move up. Hopefully they can sign some of the UK talent, or bring others on board in order to bolster the roster, letting some of the bigger names move. Nakamura isn't getting any younger.

I have a feeling that's why we haven't seen the Revival on the main roster yet as well. Maybe when some of the injured players come back, more signing's happen, NXT will be rolling again. Even though it is a feeder system for the main roster, these guys and gals have to be given a chance to develop as well. The last thing we want is another Ascension or Adam Rose.