WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives > Wrestlemania XXXIII
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-29-2017, 10:54 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default Cena VS Orton Yet Again?!?!?!?!

John Cena captured his 16th World Championship at the Royal Rumble and Randy Orton won the Royal Rumble match itself. Cena defends in the Elimination Chamber in 2 weeks and while he could drop the title there, I think it's unlikely. As a result, unless the winner gets to decide which title he goes after rather than the title that's part of whichever brand he's assigned to, it looks like Orton vs. Cena at WrestleMania.

If it is Cena vs. Orton, I do not understand the logic whatsoever because this is one match that has been done to absolute friggin' death. We've seen Cena and Orton wrestle each other almost countless times for championships during the 2000s, we saw them feud over unifying the WWE and World Heavyweight Championships and now they're main eventing WrestleMania yet again? It's a match that's not going to sell tickets because we've seen Cena vs. Orton ad nauseam. Owens vs. Orton has potential and a freshness to it but Cena vs. Orton yet again? I just hope that there's more to this than what we're seeing right now, otherwise the WWE Championship match for WrestleMania feels like a throwaway match to me.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 10:58 PM
Future Endeavored
WWE Women's Champion

LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I have a hard time believing that they will actually follow through on that. It's just.....yeah. Nobody wants to see that again.
Old 01-29-2017, 11:08 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBGetBack View Post
I have a hard time believing that they will actually follow through on that. It's just.....yeah. Nobody wants to see that again.
I don't think they'll go for Cena vs. Orton again either, though the possibility of it happening did need to be brought up. When Taker won the Rumble back in '07, he was given his choice of facing either the WWE, World Heavyweight or ECW Champion and he eventually chose Batista even though he was part of the blue brand, so I'm hoping that Orton gets to choose between the WWE or Universal Championship in which he goes after the Universal Championship. It's the only way I can see them salvaging Orton being in the title picture for WrestleMania without resorting to a WWE Championship triple threat match and that's so lazy that it doesn't really even merit consideration.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 01-29-2017, 11:12 PM
I know my name/avi/sig don't match.
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...

It's not gonna happen. Cena is dropping the title in the Chamber most likely in a way that'll get him away from the title and put him into his WrestleMania feud. I don't understand why everyone's getting worked up over 16 and how it'd be a sin for him to drop it so quickly... it's perfectly fine to drop the title in two weeks. It's not like he has to hold on for the title for a certain amount of time to tie Flair. They could implement the 24/7 rule right now, have Cena lose the title before midnight tonight, and he'd still be a 16 time World Champion. Besides... 17 is REALLY the one that matters.
Old 01-29-2017, 11:15 PM

Romantic_Rebel267 is looking to come up from OCW...

Orton vs Wyatt would be better. Even if Wyatt loses I will be happy to see him with the championship.
Old 01-29-2017, 11:22 PM
Sing about me, I'm dying of thirst
ECW TV Champion

Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Rainbow Yaz

Come on JH, you are better than this overreaction.

Cena and Orton have fought over twenty times on PPV. They always have a passable match, but much like the last time they fought, no one cared, and I think Vince and company know that. I honestly look for Cena to drop the title at EC, likely to Bray. A lot of insiders have been predicting Orton vs. Bray for the strap at Mania in recent weeks, and I could see that being an okay Smackdown main event. The possibility of him dropping it back to AJ is also there. A fair amount of people have called for AJ vs. Orton to happen, and that is also a match that could be a decent Smackdown main event for Mania.

Just give it time to play out. I think something big will happen at EC that changes things.
Old 01-29-2017, 11:40 PM
My fave wrestler is Dirk Diggler.
WCW TV Champion

Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Spidey #2

You're hitting levels of clickbait, my friend.

There is still The Elimination Chamber and Fastlane. Odds of another Orton vs. Cena match are so tiny I'm surprised you even made this thread. The build up for Orton vs. Wyatt has been the story for quite a while now. So not only is a match between those two unoriginal, but it doesn't even make any sense. I wouldn't worry about that until we're past Fastlane and The Elimination Chamber.

Orton could still chase the Universal belt as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Kerouac - On The Road
Whither goest thou, America, in thy shiny car in the night?

Last edited by Spidey #2 : 01-29-2017 at 11:42 PM.
Old 01-29-2017, 11:42 PM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
Million Dollar Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...

Only a fool would think they're going for Cena vs Orton in a singles match.

Most logical scenario: Styles vs Orton vs Cena

Most likely scenario: Wyatt becomes champ in two weeks and Cena faces whoever cost him his precious reign.

Ok I wanted Cena vs Taker so bad, but I don't hate the idea of Orton vs Wyatt for the title. The card can turn out pretty solid and I can understand why Cena vs Taker isn't happening yet.

But I'll only believe that Cena had such a sort title run when I see it.. For now, I'm just positive.
Old 01-29-2017, 11:42 PM
WWE Women's Champion

XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...

I don't think so.. Cena most likely going drop the title at EC. Either to AJ or Wyatt imo.. Personally I love to see Orton vs AJ as the SD main event at Wm. Or they might do one of those triple threat or fatal fourway title matches at Wm. Vince sure loves those.
Old 01-29-2017, 11:43 PM
Natural 20 G-Mod

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

It probably won't happen. Cena will lose the title at Elimination Chamber and could be on his way to beat Flair's record at Wrestlemania. That doesn't mean it has to be against Randy Orton due to the Rumble win. Orton could end up challenging for the Universal Championship for all we know. Let's wait until the next PPV cycle to see what happens. Orton has to declare what belt he goes after first. Cena has to make it through Elimination Chamber. Owens has to make it through Fastlane. Even if for whatever reason they did go the route of Cena VS Orton it could be worse. Would you rather have Roman Reigns forced into a World Championship match? I sure wouldn't. I'd rather take another Cena VS Orton match than having Reigns win another World Championship. I predict at this point we are getting Orton VS Bray for the World Heavyweight and Jericho VS Owens for the Universal. Let's see what happens for the next month before getting too concerned.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.