WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-26-2017, 04:31 AM
Gribble me this, Gribble me that...
WWE Diva's Champion

The Gribbler is looking to come up from OCW...The Gribbler is looking to come up from OCW...The Gribbler is looking to come up from OCW...The Gribbler is looking to come up from OCW...The Gribbler is looking to come up from OCW...The Gribbler is looking to come up from OCW...The Gribbler is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Roman Reigns

Okay, taking off the hate gogles and the Fan-Boyisms, what do people really think about Roman Reigns.

In the ring, I think the guy is fine, he is nothing special but overall he is no worse than half of the roster and I have never actually had a problem. Hell, when the shield split, I was all for the guy getting a push. He looks good, works alright and has a decent family lineage.

But on the Mic, the dude just bores me to tears. I didn't notice it in the shield because he didn't have to talk much, but I have literally never watched a Reigns Promo and been even a little bit interested.

I think there was a two or three week period where the WWE covered this by just having him walk through people and kick ass. Didn't give him a mic, just let him thrive in what he was good at. And in those weeks I was as interested in Reigns as I have ever been.

Overall, I don't hate the bloke but they need to take the mic away from him. Either don't let him talk and have him kick some ass, or give him a mouthpiece. I just never want to hear him talk again...

Thoughts?
Old 01-26-2017, 04:58 AM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

I've seen better big matches from Reigns than I have from anybody but Styles in recent years, which is impressive because WWE stubbornly refuse to book him to his strengths. That said, they always do that. It's why almost everybody on the roster isn't as good as they could be.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 07:46 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...

I think the best way to get him over is to re-form THE SHIELD. If you look at all 3 guys they've lost steam as they probably should've never been booked as true "Faces". They need to be more of good guys with attitude like the Stone Cold, Rock, etc.. And to me clearly Ambrose should be more of the mid-card champ. He just doesn't sell it as "The Man". But post Mania I would move Ambrose & Styles back to Raw. Keep building up The Club and start an epic Shield vs. Club feud that could go most of the year. That would be great booking and imagine the merchandise sales!!!

Last edited by Spencesc11 : 01-26-2017 at 07:47 AM. Reason: wrong word
Old 01-26-2017, 09:23 AM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

I've basically said this in other Reigns threads, but what the hell.

From an overall perspective, Reigns is okay. He's far from being the best I've ever seen and he's far from being the worst I've ever seen. He often has good matches I've seen lots of wrestlers on the roster have better matches. In terms of personality, the guy ranks pretty low because he just doesn't come off as this guy who has this overwhelming energy about him. On the mic, he's gotten better but one of the reasons why he's improved is because he's been able to play off of guys like Chris Jericho, Kevin Owens and Seth Rollins; if he's in the ring doing solo mic work, the shorter and more to the point he works, the better.

I don't have Reigns and I don't love him. I feel that there are a good number of wrestlers on the roster who're simply better and more entertaining. As far as Reigns getting pushed, I'm pretty much just resigned to the fact that he's going to be one of the top players in WWE. I don't believe he'll ever be embraced by the fans as the ultra heroic babyface Vince wants, too much time has passed and Reigns was pushed too hard before he was ready.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 01-26-2017, 12:23 PM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
Million Dollar Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...

The irony is, that if you comepare him to the other Shield members, Reigns had a mych better year in 2016 than Rollins and Ambrose. And I'm not talking about his accomplishments. I'm talking about the little things, because the thing is, he didn't really have a bad match, has gotten much better on the mic and carries himself around like an A+ guy.

Rollins had a lackluster face turn and has just been on the sidelines waiting for HHH. You can't really blame Rollins here, but I think they could have handled the face turn better.

But Ambrose.. it's like he failed at every opportunity given to him. Bad match with Brock at Mania. Nothing special with Y2J other than one spot, forgettable world title run, been lost ever since. Just shined a little bit against John Cena. Maybe Ambrose needs a big feud with Cena in order to really establish himself.

On to Reigns. The guy's good. He's constantly improving. Let him grow more before pushing back to the main event and by that I mean, making him world champ again.
Old 01-26-2017, 05:48 PM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

I've never kept my feelings about Reigns hidden so I'll say it again. I liked him better when he was part of the Shield. His weaknesses were hidden, Ambrose and Rollins carried the work on the mic, and most of the in ring action. Reigns would get the hot tag come in and finish the job.

Since embarking on a solo career and having the rocket shoved up his behind, he's lost lot of luster in my opinion anyway. He's not great on the mic, although he has improved a lot. His matches while not MOTY candidates are good, although very predictable. In short he's kind of boring, and being in the main event picture, although the WWE will says he hasn't been for so long, has gone beyond tiresome for me.

Like JH said, I don't love the guy, but don't hate him either, becoming totally apathetic towards anything he does really. It's very obvious that Vince wants him to be the next John Cena, I just don't see it happening, fans have made their feelings known, and the more he's pushed the more they turn away. If he hasn't gotten over, even with the fact that they keep mentioning and teasing a Shield reunion hasn't done it by now, then I don't know what will.

Either reform the Shield and have them run through the roster again, or just try an new tactic. He'll win the Universal title again and he will be boo'd, then he'll drop it and we'll continue on this merry-go-round forever it seems.
Old 01-27-2017, 01:28 AM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. View Post
The irony is, that if you comepare him to the other Shield members, Reigns had a mych better year in 2016 than Rollins and Ambrose. And I'm not talking about his accomplishments. I'm talking about the little things, because the thing is, he didn't really have a bad match, has gotten much better on the mic and carries himself around like an A+ guy.

Rollins had a lackluster face turn and has just been on the sidelines waiting for HHH. You can't really blame Rollins here, but I think they could have handled the face turn better.

But Ambrose.. it's like he failed at every opportunity given to him. Bad match with Brock at Mania. Nothing special with Y2J other than one spot, forgettable world title run, been lost ever since. Just shined a little bit against John Cena. Maybe Ambrose needs a big feud with Cena in order to really establish himself.

On to Reigns. The guy's good. He's constantly improving. Let him grow more before pushing back to the main event and by that I mean, making him world champ again.
I don't think that Reigns had a much better year than Rollins and Ambrose.

Rollins was out injured for the first half of the year. Then his feud with Kevin Owens didn't help either. Infact it was a lame feud. And his face run, just ugh thanks to Triple H. So, he has had the worst out of all 3.

Let's get to Ambrose. The two blots are his matches against Brock Lesnar and Chris Jericho. Other than that, he has had a good year. Last person to be eliminated from Royal Rumble. Had a good enough match with Triple H at Roadblock (v 1.0). Then came Brock Lesnar and Chris Jericho. And then he won MITB and cashed in on the same night. Won the highly anticipated and inevitable Shield Triple Threat match. Had an awesome feud with AJ Styles. And then this then this feud with The Miz and InterContinental title win.

Roman Reigns had an awesome feud with AJ Styles. Meh main event with Triple H at Wrestlemania. Dumb feud with Rusev and US title win. Not to forget the suspension.

So, Dean Ambrose had the best year out of all three. But as a whole, Shiled's year wasn't good for sure.
Old 01-27-2017, 02:16 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...

I change the channel every time his music hits and he starts walking down the ramp. Everything he does and is about to do can be seen coming from a mile away. He always looks like someone took a dump in his cereal. He's completely killed my attention to the main roster WWE programming. If he just disappeared, I wouldn't even miss him, maybe Raw would actually have some legit guys that haven't been killed by Vince and Kevin Dunn's Roman Reigns circle jerk.

Last edited by JoeMallard : 01-27-2017 at 02:23 AM.
Old 01-27-2017, 02:28 AM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMallard View Post
I change the channel every time his music hits and he starts walking down the ramp. Everything he does and is about to do can be seen coming from a mile away. He always looks like someone took a dump in his cereal. He's completely killed my attention to the main roster WWE programming. If he just disappeared, I wouldn't even miss him, maybe Raw would actually have some legit guys that haven't been killed by Vince and Kevin Dunn's Roman Reigns circle jerk.
I'm no big fan of Roman Reigns either. I think that he's the least interesting for me out of the Shield.

But is he this bad enough that he makes you change the channel?

I don't think that he's this bad. I know that he has some weaknesses like everyone has but I don't think that he's bad enough to make me change the channel or kill my attention to the main roster programming.

Of course, Vince loves him. And his booking is quite bad sometimes. But I don't think that he's worth my hate atleast.
Old 01-27-2017, 04:36 AM
WWF Hardcore Champion

comrade_mario worked a dark match on ECW recently...comrade_mario worked a dark match on ECW recently...comrade_mario worked a dark match on ECW recently...comrade_mario worked a dark match on ECW recently...comrade_mario worked a dark match on ECW recently...comrade_mario worked a dark match on ECW recently...comrade_mario worked a dark match on ECW recently...comrade_mario worked a dark match on ECW recently...comrade_mario worked a dark match on ECW recently...comrade_mario worked a dark match on ECW recently...comrade_mario worked a dark match on ECW recently...

A+ Look
B In-Ring
C Promos

That's Reigns for me. The guy has some great power moves so works well as a babyface when put in there with someone capable of carrying the workload. I'd like him to turn heel though because it would give him the opportunity to expand that moveset and incorporate more rest holds, maybe even add a submission finisher too. Ideally, he'd follow the lead Randy Orton sets, who is by far and away the best heel in-ring worker the company has.

His promos are dull but I have a feeling he is being heavily scripted still by Vince so he doesn't take the full blame for this. I think the guy has a natural swagger to him that would work best as a heel first and a tweener later.

Really, Vince just needs to get over himself and turn Reigns heel for a year long run before switching back. It would give him breathing space to develop in to a top draw, which I definitely think he could be. He'll never get over as the top guy if they keep just telling us he's the top guy though