WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives > Wrestlemania XXXIII
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-09-2017, 01:47 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

roipdh123 is looking to come up from OCW...roipdh123 is looking to come up from OCW...roipdh123 is looking to come up from OCW...roipdh123 is looking to come up from OCW...roipdh123 is looking to come up from OCW...
Default What should be the matches to headline Wrestlemania 33?

I had just thought to myself in the last couple of days - how much WrestleMania 33 is open to changes!!
Let's say that we have both Goldberg vs Lesnar and Rollins vs HHH already penciled and are 100% to happen on the show (even though I don't think they are).
We are still left with a lot of questions?

1.Who will be the champions heading into the show? (Owens, Reigns, Cena, Styles, someone else?)
2.Who will be the challengers - I can see a lot of different options here as well (Balor, Jericho, Strowman, Samoa Joe, Bray Wyatt, Randy Orton, The Undertaker...hell I can even see a way where The Miz or Baron Corbin end up as world title challengers at Mania)?
3.Will John Cena vs The Undertaker happen? Will it be for the WWE Title?
4.Who will win the Royal Rumble match?

So with all of those questions in mind and with the 2 matches above happening on the card - what will be the top matches in your wrestlemania card?

I would have had:
Owens and Styles will still be champions heading into the show +

-A.J. Styles (C) vs John Cena vs The Undertaker - WWE Championship Match (maybe with HBK as a guest refereee?). The Undertaker says that if he loses he must retire. I will have Cena win his 16th by pinning Taker.
-Brock Lesnar vs Bill Goldberg III. Lesnar becomes the first to win clean over Goldberg.
-Kevin Owens (C) vs Chris Jericho - Universal title match. Owens retains. Jericho is going on hiatus. After the match Finn Balor returns and has a face off with Owens (or on the next night on RAW).
-Seth Rollins vs Triple H in a Street Fight. Rollins wins clean.
-Roman Reigns (C) vs Braun Strowman for the US Title. Strowman wins.

**If Balor can return to the ring have him in an interpromotional match with Bray Wyatt, and face-off against Owens the next night on Raw. This will allow room for Baron Corbin vs Randy Orton.**

Also, I have a feeling that no matter what Cena does at Mania it's going to end with a heel turn. And I believe it should happen as follows: The triple threat is a competitive match. Cena tries to pin either Taker or Styles and he can't. Styles comes to the ring with a chair. He is about to hit Taker, but he decides to put the chair down and kicks Taker instead. Then they counter each others moves. Styles has Taker in the Styles Clash when you hear a BAM!!. Cena just hit Styles with the chair. Styles is out of the ring. Then Taker gets up and Cena hits him with a chair shot to the head (I know they are afraid of concussions but this will be a protected one - and Taker is the only one I am counting on receiving it). Then HBK tries to take the chair away from Cena, but Cena hits him with the chair as well. He looks at the camera, drops the chair down, and Tombstone Pildrive Taker on the chair. A second referee comes out. Cena lifts Taker, hits one final FU (should be called like that by the announcers, as this will be an FU by Cena to Taker's career and legacy), and pin Taker 1-2-3. Cena is a 16 time champ, and Taker is retired. Then Cena takes the title, lifts if, looks in the camera and smiles. He leaves the ring with Taker inside. Styles comes into the ring, helps Taker to his feet, shakes his hand, and leaves Taker to get his last ride into the sunset.
This will accomplish a lot of things - a Cena heel turn, Cena wins his 16th world title, a Styles face turn and the retirement of The Undertaker.

What do you think will happen?

Note: I said that Goldberg\Lesnar and Rollins\HHH must be on the card, so that the card will be realistic, cause I would love to have Goldberg involved in the title picture, and Rollins vs Styles in an interpromotional match (just to name 2 things out of many..).
TNA - Hate 3: Dixie & Anderson & EY.

Last edited by roipdh123 : 01-09-2017 at 01:59 PM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 03:08 PM
I know my name/avi/sig don't match.

The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...

Well if we're going by my card in the booking WrestleMania thread, these are the matches I'd have headlining.

AJ Styles vs. The Undertaker - WWE Championship (This would be THE main event... but it's probably just wishful thinking)

Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar (Please God... don't let this go on last, I fear it might)

Triple H vs. Seth Rollins

I had Jericho vs. Owens for the Universal Title but... I get this strange feeling that's either not gonna be for the title or if anything, it's gonna be for the United States Championship... and it wouldn't be a "headline" match, so with that said...

Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman - Universal Championship (I hope I'm wrong about this one though.)

I get that that's 3 RAW matches to just 1 Smackdown match, and I haven't put Cena on the card yet. Maybe it's just me trying to keep my expectations in check but I really don't think they're gonna pull the trigger on Cena/Taker. They'd be stupid not to... but just my gut feeling. Regardless that wouldn't change the fact that there would just be 1 Smackdown match because if AJ isn't facing Taker or Cena... there's really no other options for him to be in a "headline" match.

I have John Cena w/ Daniel Bryan vs. The Miz as Smackdown's second biggest match on the card and just to even it up a little bit, I'll put that as a headliner.

Last edited by The Life Of Pablo Ren : 01-09-2017 at 03:11 PM.
Old 01-09-2017, 03:20 PM

Gallops77 is looking to come up from OCW...Gallops77 is looking to come up from OCW...Gallops77 is looking to come up from OCW...Gallops77 is looking to come up from OCW...Gallops77 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by roipdh123 View Post
I had just thought to myself in the last couple of days - how much WrestleMania 33 is open to changes!!
Let's say that we have both Goldberg vs Lesnar and Rollins vs HHH already penciled and are 100% to happen on the show (even though I don't think they are).
We are still left with a lot of questions?

1.Who will be the champions heading into the show? (Owens, Reigns, Cena, Styles, someone else?)
2.Who will be the challengers - I can see a lot of different options here as well (Balor, Jericho, Strowman, Samoa Joe, Bray Wyatt, Randy Orton, The Undertaker...hell I can even see a way where The Miz or Baron Corbin end up as world title challengers at Mania)?
3.Will John Cena vs The Undertaker happen? Will it be for the WWE Title?
4.Who will win the Royal Rumble match?

So with all of those questions in mind and with the 2 matches above happening on the card - what will be the top matches in your wrestlemania card?

I would have had:
Owens and Styles will still be champions heading into the show +

-A.J. Styles (C) vs John Cena vs The Undertaker - WWE Championship Match (maybe with HBK as a guest refereee?). The Undertaker says that if he loses he must retire. I will have Cena win his 16th by pinning Taker.
-Brock Lesnar vs Bill Goldberg III. Lesnar becomes the first to win clean over Goldberg.
-Kevin Owens (C) vs Chris Jericho - Universal title match. Owens retains. Jericho is going on hiatus. After the match Finn Balor returns and has a face off with Owens (or on the next night on RAW).
-Seth Rollins vs Triple H in a Street Fight. Rollins wins clean.
-Roman Reigns (C) vs Braun Strowman for the US Title. Strowman wins.

**If Balor can return to the ring have him in an interpromotional match with Bray Wyatt, and face-off against Owens the next night on Raw. This will allow room for Baron Corbin vs Randy Orton.**

Also, I have a feeling that no matter what Cena does at Mania it's going to end with a heel turn. And I believe it should happen as follows: The triple threat is a competitive match. Cena tries to pin either Taker or Styles and he can't. Styles comes to the ring with a chair. He is about to hit Taker, but he decides to put the chair down and kicks Taker instead. Then they counter each others moves. Styles has Taker in the Styles Clash when you hear a BAM!!. Cena just hit Styles with the chair. Styles is out of the ring. Then Taker gets up and Cena hits him with a chair shot to the head (I know they are afraid of concussions but this will be a protected one - and Taker is the only one I am counting on receiving it). Then HBK tries to take the chair away from Cena, but Cena hits him with the chair as well. He looks at the camera, drops the chair down, and Tombstone Pildrive Taker on the chair. A second referee comes out. Cena lifts Taker, hits one final FU (should be called like that by the announcers, as this will be an FU by Cena to Taker's career and legacy), and pin Taker 1-2-3. Cena is a 16 time champ, and Taker is retired. Then Cena takes the title, lifts if, looks in the camera and smiles. He leaves the ring with Taker inside. Styles comes into the ring, helps Taker to his feet, shakes his hand, and leaves Taker to get his last ride into the sunset.
This will accomplish a lot of things - a Cena heel turn, Cena wins his 16th world title, a Styles face turn and the retirement of The Undertaker.

What do you think will happen?

Note: I said that Goldberg\Lesnar and Rollins\HHH must be on the card, so that the card will be realistic, cause I would love to have Goldberg involved in the title picture, and Rollins vs Styles in an interpromotional match (just to name 2 things out of many..).
Cena vs Taker needs to be one on one

Miz vs Styles is best bet for WWE Championship. Miz wins the rumble and challenges AJ.

Brock vs Goldberg is obvious.

Owens vs Jericho. Jericho wins at Wrestlemania. Finally gets a real Wrestlemania moment ending in a big win. Next night, Owens rematch and wins the title back. RAW ends with Balor returning to save Jericho from a massive beatdown from Owens and starts the Balor/Owens feud.

Rollins vs Triple H and Reigns vs Strowman are good there too.

You can't have Taker vs Cena vs Styles. While the match would be good, Cena vs Taker has been 13 years in the making. They haven't faced each other since Cena became a mega star.

Miz is the hottest star in the company right now. He needs to be in the WWE Championship picture and Styles can benefit from this. Let Styles turn face and be the one to put Miz over at Wrestlemania. The Miz has earned it.
Old 01-09-2017, 06:01 PM
Million Dollar Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

IT's all depends what the wrestlemania card looks like

If this is indeed taker'S last match, then you have to go with his match as the last match of the show especially if my idea happens and he'S facing Cena for the WWE title.

Outside of that, you go seth rollins vs HHH which is pretty much confirm at this point but that's a middle of the card match in my opinion.

Lesnar vs Goldberg might not happen so if they are split up and the rumor is true that they want to do Goldberg vs Roman Reigns maybe for the universal title but they could use that match as a headliners or at less one of the mid card main events.

Lesnar as lost a little bit of his luster so his match isn'T important as much as it was last year.

Owens vs jericho, while a great matchs might be a good main event for the end of the first hour especially since you got a pretty good idea how the match ends because of the fact that jericho is leaving after mania.

And Aj vs Samoa Joe if that's really the direction they want to go for mania is a great match but not great enough to be headlining the biggest show of the year.

So If i'm the booker for mania and i look at all the big matches on the card, my pick for the match that should headlines wrestlemania would be either CEna vs taker for the wwe championship or reigns vs goldberg for the universal title but i would probably go more for the cena vs taker match.
Old 01-09-2017, 06:28 PM

MoRtAnDaD is looking to come up from OCW...MoRtAnDaD is looking to come up from OCW...MoRtAnDaD is looking to come up from OCW...

If AJ retains until WM, then he should be on one corner for the Main Event, he deserves it, he had an amazing 2016. Gave great matches, proved himself as an asset for WWE and its seems like Vince is behind him.

EXCEPT, Taker actually face Cena. This would be the only NON title match along HBK v Taker 2 and Rock vs Cena, that should close the show.

Lets face it, SD Championship, is right now, the bigger title, and with the bigger title holder.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:16 PM

legendkiller1979 is looking to come up from OCW...legendkiller1979 is looking to come up from OCW...

I don't know about WM 33, but there's one match I want to see next year. AJ Style and Shinsuke Nakamura are the 2 best in the world and it's not even close. It would be on the short list of greatest matches in mania history
Old 01-09-2017, 09:20 PM
Future Endeavored

WorstWrestlingExcrement sold out

Everyone seems to have a deep obsession with underflaker vs cena and they already have fought in the past !

Daniel Bryan vs AJ Styles or Daniel Bryan vs AJ Styles vs The Miz for wwe championship

Big Slow vs Shaq O Neil

Chris Jericho vs Kevin Owens for Universal Heavyweight championship

Underflaker vs STING should finally happen since we never saw Steve Borden after and he still has a few more matches in him

GOLDBERG vs LESNER 3

Roman Reigns vs John Cena

Braun Strowman vs Mark Henry

Rollins vs Triple HHH
Old 01-10-2017, 03:00 AM

MoRtAnDaD is looking to come up from OCW...MoRtAnDaD is looking to come up from OCW...MoRtAnDaD is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendkiller1979 View Post
I don't know about WM 33, but there's one match I want to see next year. AJ Style and Shinsuke Nakamura are the 2 best in the world and it's not even close. It would be on the short list of greatest matches in mania history
Their match at last year WK10 was amazing, WWE would be absolutely stupid if they dont give these two a chance to tear the house down on a wwe ring.

Its a 5 stars match from the get go.
Old 01-10-2017, 05:40 AM

Tsunaru is looking to come up from OCW...Tsunaru is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorstWrestlingExcrement View Post
Rollins vs Triple HHH
Nonuple H?

From an outsider's perspective, I'm actually having trouble predicting what will headline this year, while I can normally guess it pretty accurately even without ever watching the product.

The hardest part has to do with the sheer number of matches. There's 9 titles to defend, the Andre the Giant Battle Royal, Shaq vs Show, Lesnar vs Goldberg, Rollins vs Triple H, and whatever Taker is doing, all in a 6 hour period. Odds are, titles are going to be left off the card. The only question in that situation is, which ones. Cruiserweight is probably the safest best from the get-go. I'd imagine one brand would have their tag titles on the line while the other would have their women's title (RAW and Smackdown respectively, but again I don't watch so I'm basing what I feel is the stronger of each of the two divisions on what I read from results pages and opinions of my peers). So that leaves us with at least 11 matches. 10 if Taker finds himself involved with a title match after winning the Rumble (which he really shouldn't unless he's prepared to go full time while holding the belt).

Wrestle Kingdom last week found itself working in 11 matches in 5 1/2 hours, so it's certainly plausible for WWE to do it in 6, especially given that you can typically fit between 50-65% of any given Wrestlemania's matches into the same length of time as Wrestle Kingdom's main event.

Of what is left over, only three of the matches are really contenders for highlighting the show. The two brands' World Title matches, and the Taker match. Unless Taker ends up facing Cena, or ends up winning the Rumble, I dont see his match being the main event, but one or the other condition will solidify him in that spot. Aside from that, it's currently too out in the open. The main event will be the winner of the Rumble vs the champ of whatever brand they're on, but due to WWE actually successfully booking a Rumble this year where any number of guys could legitimately win it (as opposed to the last two years where the winner was obvious from the get-go), and a couple world title matches at the Rumble that could also go either way, you can't really make a guess as to which one would main event Mania. We should be able to tell by the end of the month though.
3) AJ Styles (WWE)
4) Kevin Owens (WWE)
5) Asuka (NXT)
Old 01-10-2017, 06:21 AM
WWE Women's Champion

Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...

If its true that its Undertakers last ride then Taker- Cena should. Though wouldnt be suprised for Goldberg- Lesnar to take that spot. Or if Taker goes after Roman to get that as last of the night. Though due to reaction cant see that going into high note as Vince likes it at Wrestlemania unless Taker is going to win. Only other noticable title match could include AJ and Cena if Cena is not going to win his 16th before that. That could also be huge Wrestlemania moment to go last.