WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-06-2017, 09:37 AM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default *MIGHT* Big New Japan Star Be WWE Bound?

A recent post on Twitter by New Japan star Kenny Omega has some wondering about what his future is. Omega wrote: "I will be stepping away from Japan to reassess my future. The path of my journey may change, but my goals will not. @@KennyOmegamanX there is no plan. My schedule is cleared and I'm weighing all options. I've a lot to consider. Thx for the patience/support."

Kenny Omega recently wrestled at New Japan's biggest show of the year, Wrestle Kingdom 11, where he challenged Kazuchika Okada in a losing for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship that caused Dave Meltzer to bust 6 or 7 nuts by hailing it as possibly the greatest match in the history of pro wrestling.

Kenny Omega has been quite loyal to New Japan over the years, he actually lives in Japan, speaks & reads Japanese fluently and just generally loves the culture. As is the case whenever most wrestlers Tweet about their futures, Omega's words are somewhat vague. He could merely be taking time off for a while to rest up, maybe he's considering getting out of wrestling altogether, maybe he's considering coming to WWE if the price is right, etc. As with Styles, Anderson & Gallows, Omega makes good money and I could see him heading to WWE if they simply made him an offer that was too good to pass up, loyalty or not. At the same time, Omega recently made a comment about how he thought it'd be cool if he became a legend who never went to WWE.

So, when it's all said and done, this may be nothing whatsoever but it's still interesting to think about.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 09:55 AM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Wow if it really happens.

I would just love it.

But I did read Kenny Omega saying that he will never join WWE and that the WWE title isn't as prestigious as the IWGP title. Also, that he would like to stay in NJPW and make himself a bigger name instead of leaving NJPW for any other promotion.

For now, he's just teasing, I guess.
Old 01-06-2017, 11:00 AM

Mr.Maikeru_Sawyer is looking to come up from OCW...

NO HE ISN'T COMING TO WWE he does not see the WWE titles as prestigous as NJ
he stated that he will be stepping away from Japan for awhile not leaving NJPW for good
I see him spending a good length of time doing ROH shows before returning to NJ
Old 01-06-2017, 02:00 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

ramblinroy682 is looking to come up from OCW...ramblinroy682 is looking to come up from OCW...

I don't think he should for his career do what I am about to ask, but is Kenny Omega a big enough star beyond NJPW to make an significant difference in TNA? Should TNA make a run at this guy if he actually is available? If he goes to WWE he's just another guy and they won't know how to use him. His strength is storytelling in the ring and he has the freedom with his opponent to create that "story." WWE wouldn't give him the freedom.

However, TNA could and should give him that freedom should he sign there. My question would be would it make any difference for them? With new ownership I feel like a new star could make a huge difference for them. Give them fresh face to hang their hat on. Just how big of a star is Kenny Omega? Would the Japanese fanbase follow him there? Would the Bullet Club crowd tune in?
Old 01-06-2017, 02:53 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...

In 2015 he turned down 3 WWE Offers alone. In 2016 he was worth even more, and still didn't leave. Now we're here at 2017 after his Wrestle Kingdom match with Okada and he's recovering after a hard loss. With his in ring work and time invested with the fans he's only gained momentum and risen in popularity. He also was the first Non-Japanese wrestler to win the G1 Climax.

He loves the culture, and even has residence in Japan. NJPW is grabbing more attention, and Kenny is the head to that spear. The chances he'd throw away years of hard work in a place he is appreciated and loved is kind of not there. Bullet club is running a course and becoming stale as time passes on. Kenny, has a chance of turning face or distancing himself from the Bullet Club at this time. He's a great hype man, and get's people emotionally invested relatively easily.

He mentioned only a day ago he was feeling "Old" with pains and watching younger talent. Then questioned why not a single one is rising, and took shots at how being a "Cog in the WWE Machine is the worst thing ever". Even a main roster jump, and a title shot probably wouldn't bring him over there. "Aj's doing great, but he's always been great".

They referenced the first Terminator movie as well which Kenny has based a lot of his character on. The first terminator movie, a heel. The return, a face. NJPW has worked a few of these angles as well of "broken" people coming back. It'd be excellent timing, and work out pretty well if they continue to invest in not only Kenny, but his angles. I doubt he'd throw that away for TNA, NXT, or audiences that barely care about in ring product.

He's also stated several times he is not a fan of ROH. I know the UK pro-wrestling scene is doing fine, but I'm pretty sure Kenny doesn't have that on his map. The only place he's said that he could consider a second home is PWG. PWG is decently small and supposedly has zero intention on expansion. Besides it looking like a complete work I don't think there's much chance of him signing away to an awful company.

AJ, has family and friends here. Same with Gallows, and Anderson. AJ is also breaching 40 and just had a daughter. He's mentioned the after in ring career offered at WWE interests him quite a bit as well. Anderson, 36. Gallows, 33. On Talk is Jericho, it was kind of apparent they just needed a break and wanted to be back home. Shinsuke, 36, had fought most of the top guys over the years, and just wanted some new competition. It was a good time for him so he made the big leap here. Kenny, 33 lives there, is a fluid speaker, and has a bit going for him, and isn't from the States either way.

I hope he doesn't jump ship for quite a while, and he get's taken care of and doesn't lose any passion. I've been a fan for awhile now and he's been a favorite of mine that keeps me interested in wrestling. As a fan, I'd rather see him do what he does best no limits and have timeless matches. I'll still support him either way, but I'd be in hopes he goes to WWE after a stint as a face or a big angle.
Old 01-06-2017, 03:13 PM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

I don't see it happening. As as been said he loves Japan, lives there and speaks and reads the language fluently. He has never held any interest or so it seems in joining the WWE at all. By some accounts he's turned down many offers. This is what he had to say about the WWE Championship belt.

“This IWGP title means more with me than any WWE championship. The WWE belt means nothing, it means absolutely nothing. They pass around that belt like a hot potato. I probably have a neighbor on my block who held that belt at one point. There is no prestige to that belt whatsoever.”

So pretty obvious that he thinks even the highest title you can hold in the WWE is meaningless. NJPW apparently treats him very well over there, so he would be rather stupid to leave. I think he is just taking some time off, but we will never see him in a WWE ring.
Old 01-06-2017, 03:22 PM
Cena is no Bruno & Cole is no Solie
WWE Women's Champion

stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramblinroy682 View Post
I don't think he should for his career do what I am about to ask, but is Kenny Omega a big enough star beyond NJPW to make an significant difference in TNA? Should TNA make a run at this guy if he actually is available? If he goes to WWE he's just another guy and they won't know how to use him. His strength is storytelling in the ring and he has the freedom with his opponent to create that "story." WWE wouldn't give him the freedom.

However, TNA could and should give him that freedom should he sign there. My question would be would it make any difference for them? With new ownership I feel like a new star could make a huge difference for them. Give them fresh face to hang their hat on. Just how big of a star is Kenny Omega? Would the Japanese fanbase follow him there? Would the Bullet Club crowd tune in?
Only two ways I see Kenny Omega signing with WWE: 1) Bill Behrens is able to get him a BETTER deal than AJ Styles and Nakamura got, which will catapult him right to the Main Event on the Main Roster. Or, 2) Get him Rusev-type money and bargain for"creative liberties", which will allow Omega creative freedom. I doubt he can get the first. McMahon will NEVER give him the second (Which is why the Hardys will not sign with WWE).

As for TNA signing him? If Anthem and CBS (Pop's parent) are REALLY trying to improve on TNA, they will offer a King's Ransom to Omega. No question they are trying to excise the Dixie era. Jarrett and Dutch are back. I would not be surprised if they brought back Cornette, either. Omega would be the major lynchpin that just might see Kyle O'Reilly move on to TNA, and convince Mike Bennett to stay around. It would also be a sign that TNA is abandoning trying to be WWE-Light. Will the Bullet Club crowd watch? That will be the $64,000 Question.

Right now? I think he is just taking a breather. After that match at WK11, he damn well deserves one.
Old 01-08-2017, 06:11 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navi View Post
I don't see it happening. As as been said he loves Japan, lives there and speaks and reads the language fluently. He has never held any interest or so it seems in joining the WWE at all. By some accounts he's turned down many offers. This is what he had to say about the WWE Championship belt.

“This IWGP title means more with me than any WWE championship. The WWE belt means nothing, it means absolutely nothing. They pass around that belt like a hot potato. I probably have a neighbor on my block who held that belt at one point. There is no prestige to that belt whatsoever.”

So pretty obvious that he thinks even the highest title you can hold in the WWE is meaningless. NJPW apparently treats him very well over there, so he would be rather stupid to leave. I think he is just taking some time off, but we will never see him in a WWE ring.
Yeah, I've heard he's treated well in New Japan. He loves the culture, is fluent in the language, lives in Japan, etc. so it's easily understandable if he chose to remain. I think his comments towards the WWE Championship are bullshit in the sense that it's easier to have a long title run in New Japan. Omega's match against Okada was Okada's 2nd title defense after almost 200 days as champion; it's easy to be champ for 6 months when you don't defend the title.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 01-08-2017, 10:57 PM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
Yeah, I've heard he's treated well in New Japan. He loves the culture, is fluent in the language, lives in Japan, etc. so it's easily understandable if he chose to remain. I think his comments towards the WWE Championship are bullshit in the sense that it's easier to have a long title run in New Japan. Omega's match against Okada was Okada's 2nd title defense after almost 200 days as champion; it's easy to be champ for 6 months when you don't defend the title.
I had no idea they went so long without a title defense, but you do have to admit they do it right, holding a huge tournament and whatever that G1 thing is. Obviously the NJPW roster feel that holding the title is something to be valued, not the way it is booked in the WWE. (see Kevin Owens or Seth Rollins)

But if you read up on this Omega fellow, he has apparently always been interested in the Japanese way of life. I mean hell it's a hard language and he both speaks and reads it. Not bad for a kid from Winnipeg. Also he didn't have many good things to say about the WWE development training he received. And for all accounts the WWE have made him numerous offers over the past few years, all been turned down.

While some wrestlers see the WWE as the pinnacle of success, others may not be that interested. It's been said that Nakamura left NJPW because he was looking for other wrestler's to wrestle against, he had pretty much done all he could there. Styles, Anderson and Gallows are all from the US and they have family here. Styles said he came back to the US because of his wife and kids. So everyone in the business has different reasons for wanting to move or stay where they are. Look at Itami he is kind of not enjoying his time in NXT. Might be the injuries have taken their toll, but he's having a problem learning English and looks to be quite homesick. He looks quite honestly like a fish out of water.

I've watched Omega's matches on Youtube and he is one hell of a wrestler and he would either do very well or be absolutely miserable in the WWE. He has it pretty good where he is now, and it's always a good sign that the WWE wants you. The question is though, does he want them?
Old 01-09-2017, 12:55 AM
Ring of Honor Champion

TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...

Omega saying the NJPW title is more prestigious is good business for him. Whether he means it or not, it doesn't mean anything to me because he's putting his home org over.

I doubt it happens, but it'd be awesome.