WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Non-Wrestling Non Spam Sections > The Media Hub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-29-2017, 01:03 PM
NaNoWriMo'17 50,000 words in 30days
WWE European Champion

Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank N Steins_Gate

Well here's the new format I promised. I've been finished with Flashpoint for a while but I've been busy.

Flashpoint (DC)
(Flashpoint #1-5)

How Everything Flows Together: Like Old Man Logan & Civil War this is one is just one novelesque story the split up into parts so it all flows together perfectly.

The Storyline: Anyone who has seen Season 3 of The Flash or the Animated movie Justice League: The Flaspoint Paradox knows the basic storyline. The Flash goes back in time to keep his mother from getting killed and succeeds. In doing so he creates a massive change in the timeline. Superman is missing, Batman is Thomas Wayne instead of Bruce & Cyborg is the American hero. Also Aquaman & Wonder Woman are both completely nuts and have sunk Western Europe & Taken over the UK respectively. Flash goes about getting everything fixed and by the end knows not to mess with the timeline anymore. This was another amazing read and one I could not put down once I picked it up and the Storyline was a big part of that.

Artistry: My favorite kind, it's modern, sleek and will translate well into the future. I enjoyed looking at the illustrations almost as much as reading the story which is a plus in my book.

How Much I liked it: I loved it. I'm more of a Marvel fan in the fact that most of my favorite superheros growing up were from Marvel but DC is growing on me. I'm excited to read more from the company and see if they can change my mind some more of if Marvel will keep an Iron grip on my heart.

Final Thoughts: If you're a fan of any of the main DC characters I suggest this one as well as all the tie in ones that takes place in the Flashpoint world that are about each individual hero. I don't have those ones yet but I will and I'm rather excited to read them.

My Rating: * * * * 3/4 out of 5

Quote:
Up Next
Wonder Woman: The Hiketeia

On Deck
Superman Codename: Patriot

Hellboy: The Right Hand Of Doom

Batman '66 Vol. 2

Batman: The Dark Knight Strikes Again

X-Men: With Great Power

Batman/Superman: The Search For Kryptonite

Batman/Superman: Supergirl

All*Star Superman
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 03:43 PM
Not really working as a
WWE Diva's Champion

Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...

I'm a big fan of Flashpoint, really big fan. It was an hard reboot to it's main titles and characters, with one of the most powerful stories and some really cool action to round up the edges. I'm always happy to see someone enjoying it because it truly is Geoff Johns best work to date and one of the reasons why I trust DC Entertainment will get it's live action movies right.

On a personal note, this comic is also one of the most powerful in drama. Superman is a lab rat, who when releases, simply just takes off and leaves Earth. That's a subtle touch, but it was never before seen and it did help the hopelessness of the whole war between Aquaman/Wonder Woman. The sacrifice of Lex Luthor, the Wayne Family story and of course The Flash own lore being developed. It was simply great. Man, gonna read it again tonight.

It's Damn Real
Old 01-31-2017, 10:57 PM
WWE European Champion

Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...

Wonder Woman: The Hiketeia (DC)

How Everything Flows Together: This isn't even one storyline spread out over a few comics. It's a one off story so naturally it flows perfectly.

The Storyline: This is described as a modern greek tragedy and after reading it i can see why. A woman kills 4 men in Gotham causing Batman to chase her. She runs to NYC where Diana (Wonder Woman) is her people's ambassador to the UN. Right on her doorstep Danielle performs The Hiketeia, an ancient greek ritual that binds the two women together. Diana takes her as her supplicant and protects her from everyone including Batman when he tracks her to New York. They fight each other until Danielle, seeing only one way to stop everything throws herself off a bridge killing herself.

Artistry: it's not as modern looking as Flashpoint or Old Man Logan but I think it'll still translate alright in 10 or 20 years.

How Much I liked it: had never heard of this one before I saw it at the library so i wasn't sure what to think. Having read it i definitely plan on buying it and adding it to my collection. If you haven't read this i highly suggest it.

My rating: * * * * 3/4 out of 5

Final Thoughts: I was a bit leary about getting these from the library but I'm glad I did. I hope the rest are as good as this one.

Quote:
Up Next
X-Men: With Great Power

On Deck

Batman '66 Vol. 2

All*Star Superman

Stephen King's The Dark Tower The Gunslinger: The Journey Begins

Batman: Vol. 7 Endgame

Superman: A Celebration of 75 years

Last edited by Frank N Steins_Gate : 01-31-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Old 02-03-2017, 05:30 PM
WWE European Champion

X-Men: With Great Power (Marvel)
(X-Men #7-11)

How Everything Flows Together: It flows together great except the last one didn't fit. 1-10 was the main story but #11 was about Xavier telling Jubilee a story about a vampire he met so she would be at ease with her own vampirism. Good but out of place.

The Storyline: The X-Men get word that children are going missing in NYC so they go investigate. This puts them in touch with Spider-Man and they all go down to the sewers where the run into some lizard people. It turns out Dark Beast is using Dr. Connors' research to turn the missing children into the lizard people as well as 3 X-Men. Battle happens, good guys win.

Artistry: It's not my favorite. It just looks a bit to amateurish for me to really get into it from an artistic standpoint.

How Much I liked it: i liked the crossover aspect with Spider-Man but the artistry and #11 not belonging reall took it down for me. All things considered it was just slightly above average.

Final Thoughts: A good read if you like X-Men or Spider-Man but look for it at your library before you choose to buy it.

My rating: * * * 1/4 out of 5
Quote:
Up Next

On Deck

Batman '66 Vol. 2

All*Star Superman

Old 02-05-2017, 08:21 PM
WWE European Champion

Superman Codename: Patriot (DC)

(Superman: World of New Krypton #6, Action Comics #880, Supergirl #44, Superman #691 & Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen #2)

How Everything Flows Together: Spread over five different titles it flowed together surprisingly well. The overarching storyline was present and moved forward through all of them.

The Storyline: Superman left Earth for New Krypton to keep an eye on Zod. At the start of the story Zod is shot and the shooter flies to earth followed by Superman & Supergirl. One there they find out there is a massive conspiracy that is trying to start a war between earth & New Krypton.

Artistry: I like it. Everything is clear and really helps the story. Easily one of my favorites despite not being my favorite style.

How much I Liked It: I enjoyed it except for one thing. It ended without the storyline being finished. An interplanetary war is still on the horizon and now i need to find out where the story ends so i can get a hold of it. That really brings everything down for me.

Final Thoughts: Why not just finish the story? I can't be the only one who got irritated at the fact it left off in the middle.

My Rating : * * out of 5.

Quote:
Up Next

On Deck

Batman '66 Vol. 2

All*Star Superman

Civil War: Frontline Vol. 1

Civil War: Frontline Vol. 2

The New 52 Aquaman Vol. 1: Th Trench

The New 52 Batman & Robin Vol. 4: Requiem For Damian

Guardians of The Galaxy
Old 02-11-2017, 06:13 PM
WWE European Champion

Batman/Superman: Supergirl (DC)
(Batman/Superman: Supergirl #8-13)

How Everything Flows Together: it's all on title so as usual it flows together awesome

The Storyline: Batman finds a Kryptonian ship and in it is Superman's Cousin. Everyone from Superman, Batman and even Wonder Woman add their opinion on how she should be raised. Darkseid kidnaps & brainwashes her into fighting Clark. Batman saves everyone and Kara officially becomes Supergirl.

Artistry: I like it. It seems to have a classic feel to it so while it's not my favorite it's clear and adds to the story instead of distracting me

How much I Liked It: Like I've said before I really enjoy cross-overs and this is one of my favorites. The story didn't suck me in like [i]Old Man Logan[/u] but it did come close.

Final Thoughts: a very good read that i recommend to pretty much everyone. It's perfect for a Batman fan or a Superman fan.

My Rating : * * * *1/2 out of 5.
Quote:
Up Next

On Deck

Batman '66 Vol. 2

All*Star Superman

The New 52 Aquaman Vol. 1: The Trench

Guardians of The Galaxy
Old 02-11-2017, 09:37 PM
WWE European Champion

Batman: The Dark Knight Strikes Again(DC)
(Batman: The Dark Knight Strikes Again #1-3)

How Everything Flows Together: it's all one title so as usual it flows together awesome.

The Storyline: Lex Luthor and Braniac take control of everything. Superman is Blackmailed into doing nothing while Batman and others rescue The Atom & The Flash and save the world.

Artistry: I'm not a fan. It looks like a 5th grader drew this entire thing and that really threw me off as I was Reading it.

How much I Liked It: I liked it quite a bit actually. The story is one that i really rnjoyed reading and it does make me want to read the rest of this series but the artistru really took it all down a good bit

Final Thoughts:: Great story bad artwork. Well worth the time though.

My Rating : * * * out of 5.
Quote:
Up Next
All*Star Superman

On Deck

Batman '66 Vol. 2

Guardians of The Galaxy
Old 02-12-2017, 01:58 PM
WWE European Champion

All*Star Superman(DC)
(All*Star Superman #1-12)

How Everything Flows Together: Same as usual it's all one story spread over a dozen comics.

The Storyline: Superman saves a spaceship full of people and gets overloaded with radiation from the sun to the point where it causes his cells to breakdown, eventually killing him. Before that happens he works on his bucket list and prepares the best he can to die. It turns out Luthor is responsible for everything but Superman stops him one last time.

Artistry: It's alright. It's done well and fits the classic feel they seemed to have been going for.

How much I Liked It: I liked it quite a bit actually. The story is one that i really enjoyed reading. It kept me sucked in wanting to know what happened throughout the story.

Final Thoughts:: Awesome story that really makes me want to watch the animated film again, which you should find if you haven't.

My Rating : * * * * out of 5.
Quote:
Up Next
Guardians of The Galaxy

On Deck

Batman '66 Vol. 2

Old 02-14-2017, 01:32 PM
Friendly Neighborhood
WWE Diva's Champion

@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...

Man, DKSA really disappointed me. I'm not a huge Frank Miller fan to begin with, but I enjoyed Dark Knight Returns and hoped for a strong sequel.

All Star Superman is fantastic. I'm not a huge Superman buff, but that story gets him pitch perfect.

I want to see a certain recommendation on your deck soon, Frank!

No. No one else misses Rybaxel
Old 02-14-2017, 01:44 PM
WWE European Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by @smarkmouth View Post
Man, DKSA really disappointed me. I'm not a huge Frank Miller fan to begin with, but I enjoyed Dark Knight Returns and hoped for a strong sequel.
I need to find that one and read it. Hopefully the artwork is better than DKSA because the storyline was realy enjoyable but that artwork was just awful on every level
Quote:
I want to see a certain recommendation on your deck soon, Frank!
You and Lee both. All requests I'm going to buy so the earliest I'll be able to get it is next month. Valentines Day and my daughters Birthday in the same month (6 days apart as well) taps me out every February