WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 12-20-2016, 05:02 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default WWE Royal Rumble - Royal Rumble Match

We already know that Brock Lesnar and Goldberg will be competing in the match. This is ultimately being done as a means of generating interest in the novelty of seeing these two in the match and whether you're into the program or not, it'll almost certainly work out the way WWE wants it to.

Neither guy has much of a chance of winning as this match is mostly a prelude to setting up a rematch for them at WrestleMania XXXIII. One may well eliminate the other one with said other one, out of frustration, re-entering the ring to eliminate his arch rival, thereby, possibly, leading to some big brawl between them at ringside.

As to who actually wins the Rumble, it seems fairly open this year though there are some favorites. John Cena is a favorite as many expect him to win, challenge AJ Styles at WrestleMania and ultimately capture his 16th World Championship. Another name that's gotten some speculation is the debut of Samoa Joe in which he's one of the surprise entrants; he wins the match and challenges Styles for the WWE Championship for WrestleMania or he winds up coming after Kevin Owens and the Universal Championship. Another potential favorite is the Undertaker in which he also challenges Styles for the WWE Championship.

At any rate, I think there's been more interest in this RR match than in the past few years, at least among a lot of internet fans, as Roman Reigns doesn't appear to be occupying as prominent of a spot as he has in previous years.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 05:17 PM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

Cena would be my first choice. It just makes sense to me. So Cass or some other dude will be a needless winner.

Samoa Joe winning? No chance. But I think he'll make an appearance.
Old 12-20-2016, 05:25 PM
Has Ascended
WWE Diva's Champion

Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via Skype™ to Aeon Mathix

I can see Cena winning if they aren't doing Taker vs Cena at Mania. Unless they go forward with AJ vs Taker at the Rumble and Taker beats him. I would be happy either way with AJ vs Cena or Taker vs Cena. Both are interesting stories.

If not Cena, then I'm not sure who would walk out with the win. A returning Finn Balor perhaps, but that might be too much too soon. There's Jericho too as I think they have played it up in the past that this has basically been the one thing that has evaded him in his career and the story is set for him choosing Owens as the champion to face.

I'll go with Cena as the first choice and Jericho as the distant second.
Old 12-20-2016, 07:17 PM

ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...

I do not see Cena winning.

I just think that it's wholly unnecessary for any reason. With him being gone on and off right now, I don't think it's a good time for him to win the Rumble and challenge for a title. Especially AJ's.

Cena doesn't need a title in a Rumble-to-Mania feud.

If Cena is going to be a part-timer for the time being, then I would like to think they'll keep the title off of him. Otherwise, what's the point? It would be exactly like putting the strap on the Rock a few years ago just so he could hand it to Cena. That was meaningless, stupid, and sucked ALL of the life out of CM Punk's record reign. It did not need to happen, and neither does this. When Cena does tie Flair, it needs to be a big, big deal in a big, big feud not just a thrown-together here-you-go-buddy deal.

Jericho, maybe, to take a crack at KO or Joe to take a crack at AJ. A returning Finn Balor? I don't know. I don't know who it will be, but I feel pretty confident that it won't be Cena. I think the company knows that he's got some goodwill right now for putting over AJ...I'm also inclined to think the company doesn't give a rat's ass about that.

It might be fun to see something completely out of left field for once.
Old 12-21-2016, 08:38 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Dragonslayer worked a dark match on ECW recently...Dragonslayer worked a dark match on ECW recently...Dragonslayer worked a dark match on ECW recently...Dragonslayer worked a dark match on ECW recently...Dragonslayer worked a dark match on ECW recently...Dragonslayer worked a dark match on ECW recently...Dragonslayer worked a dark match on ECW recently...Dragonslayer worked a dark match on ECW recently...Dragonslayer worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Hm Cena could be a choice but I'm not sure with his part time schedule. However, what I could see if they go with Cena... then they also should have Taker beat AJ Styles for the strap at the Rumble, and Taker goes into WM as champion, with Cena challenging him to do what so far "only Brock Lesnar" has done - which is beat Undertaker at Wrestlemania - but even Brock didn't do it for the championship. So that way Cena's 16th win would indeed be HUGE, and it would be a fitting farewell to Undertaker, if he goes out on his back at Mania, against THE top guy, in his last match. That is, if he decides to hang it up now, of course.

But as the old school guy Taker is, I don't see him winning his last match, so I would assume in a scenario like this, he would most likely drop the belt to whoever is the challenger.

Other favorites: I'd also mention Jericho, as Jericho vs Owens would be quite cool to see at WM, and it would also finally mean a Rumble victory for him.

But more realistically, they will most likely go with one of the younger guys who are on the cusp of main eventing, and could need that additional boost. Heck, even a guy like Braun Strowman could be an outside favorite here.

And unless they want to do HHH/Rollins at WM, Rollins also would be a candidate in my opinion.

In any case, with the Lesnar/Goldberg feud expected to continue in the Rumble match, and two world titles being available now, the Rumble at least seems to benefit from the brand split, as it opens up the scope of "realistic contenders" a bit compared to previous years.
Old 12-21-2016, 10:35 AM
WWE Women's Champion

Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Strowman interferes setting up Reigns vs Strowman for US title at Wrestlemania. Wish they would give Reigns title and then to Strowman win Rumble but kinda see Cena winning and dethroning AJ at Mania. Like this just see interference finish again setting up Reigns- Strowman and Jericho- KO for Mania. Rollins will be busy with HHH. Reason I would like Reigns is that I am kinda tired of all KO interferences. Started title reign with HHH giving him title, continued with Jericho helping him defend it and now because Strowman would probably help him do it. Makes him incompetent transitional Champ who is only there because other more impotrtant people are doing something else. So either give him clean win so he can look somewhat deserving or just strap him off it.
Old 12-22-2016, 03:57 PM

NotoriousWWE is looking to come up from OCW...NotoriousWWE is looking to come up from OCW...

I think it's between the following four as to who wins the Rumble match. It's pretty obvious Goldberg and Lesnar aren't winning.

Chris Jericho
I think this is the only thing left for Jericho to do to ironically complete a list of achievements in WWE. I think the obvious answer as to why he'd win would be to face Owens but my curveball would be he gets the option to choose and he goes up against Undertaker who defeats Styles for the belt earlier on.

The Miz
I think turn Styles face and Miz automatically becomes the top heel in WWE. If Slammy Awards is a thing this year, Miz reastically should be winning superstar of the year. The seeds for this match were sort of planted during a Miz TV segment a couple of weeks ago.

John Cena
I've loved how WWE has booked Cena for the past year and a bit. Away from the world title scene and showing us he truly does deserve to be voiced amongst the greats with his in ring ability being more of the focus as of late. However it's just a matter of time before he's got that 16th a world title. It's either against Styles or Undertaker. Cena is my favourite to win.

Braun Strowman
This is depending on if Reigns defeats Owens which is extremely possible. Strowman is actually quite good but a match against Reigns would be a boo fest in Orlando. I guarantee this at the moment is what vince is going with. I guarantee!
Old 12-23-2016, 09:43 PM
ROH Pure Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

In my opinion, it all depend on what going to happen with the wwe championship match at the rumble. If they are doing the rumored taker vs aj styles then I can see cena winning this, same thing goes if cena face styles, taker wins the rumble. Outside of that, I really don't see who could win this since everybody seem to be already booked for a match a mania.

Rollins, is already book with hhh, jericho could win it but I read that vince don't want to go that way because jericho isn't under contract and he a per apparence deal and they are not sure if jericho is staying until mania. The rumor is that aj is getting joe at mania so I doubt that that match will be for the title. Orton is going to be against wyatt and everybody else except for ambrose is wouldn't make sense.

So It between the four part time guys in my opinion, cena, taker, lesnar or goldberg.
Old 12-24-2016, 01:36 AM
Mr. Money in the Bank

kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
We already know that Brock Lesnar and Goldberg will be competing in the match. This is ultimately being done as a means of generating interest in the novelty of seeing these two in the match and whether you're into the program or not, it'll almost certainly work out the way WWE wants it to.

Neither guy has much of a chance of winning as this match is mostly a prelude to setting up a rematch for them at WrestleMania XXXIII. One may well eliminate the other one with said other one, out of frustration, re-entering the ring to eliminate his arch rival, thereby, possibly, leading to some big brawl between them at ringside.

As to who actually wins the Rumble, it seems fairly open this year though there are some favorites. John Cena is a favorite as many expect him to win, challenge AJ Styles at WrestleMania and ultimately capture his 16th World Championship. Another name that's gotten some speculation is the debut of Samoa Joe in which he's one of the surprise entrants; he wins the match and challenges Styles for the WWE Championship for WrestleMania or he winds up coming after Kevin Owens and the Universal Championship. Another potential favorite is the Undertaker in which he also challenges Styles for the WWE Championship.

At any rate, I think there's been more interest in this RR match than in the past few years, at least among a lot of internet fans, as Roman Reigns doesn't appear to be occupying as prominent of a spot as he has in previous years.
Yeah, this RR match is not predictable for once. I could argue Cena, Taker or Strowman could win this match.
Old 12-24-2016, 01:39 AM
Mr. Money in the Bank

kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeOnVince View Post
I do not see Cena winning.

I just think that it's wholly unnecessary for any reason. With him being gone on and off right now, I don't think it's a good time for him to win the Rumble and challenge for a title. Especially AJ's.

Cena doesn't need a title in a Rumble-to-Mania feud.

If Cena is going to be a part-timer for the time being, then I would like to think they'll keep the title off of him. Otherwise, what's the point? It would be exactly like putting the strap on the Rock a few years ago just so he could hand it to Cena. That was meaningless, stupid, and sucked ALL of the life out of CM Punk's record reign. It did not need to happen, and neither does this. When Cena does tie Flair, it needs to be a big, big deal in a big, big feud not just a thrown-together here-you-go-buddy deal.

Jericho, maybe, to take a crack at KO or Joe to take a crack at AJ. A returning Finn Balor? I don't know. I don't know who it will be, but I feel pretty confident that it won't be Cena. I think the company knows that he's got some goodwill right now for putting over AJ...I'm also inclined to think the company doesn't give a rat's ass about that.

It might be fun to see something completely out of left field for once.
WWE would do something short term like that. Thankfully WWE's roster is better than it was in 2013 so it won't be such a drop off like it was in 2013 when the part timers left.

I just won't be surprised if Cena wins the RR match then beats Taker for the title, just to drop the title at the next SD PPV.