WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Old School Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 12-18-2016, 11:34 AM

ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...
Default All-Time Favorite Feud

OK, so we are all aware of and probably largely in agreement on what the GREATEST feuds of all-time are, even if we disagree about in what order those great feuds should be listed.

But that aside, sometimes we are huge fans of feuds that are NOT at all the greatest of all-time or anywhere close. And sometimes our favorites are the ones that are great.

We could argue about the greatest feuds, but our favorites are solely ours.

Great or not great, what are your FAVORITE wrestling feuds or storylines of all time?

_________

Merry Christmas, everyone!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 12:07 PM
Natural 20 G-Mod
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

My favorite feud ever was between Shawn Michaels and Chris Jericho in 2008. They had already had a match together at Wrestlemania 19 that I also liked, so I knew this had the potential to be good. This feud blew that feud out of the water for me. They both brought out the best in each other. Excellent promos, great matches, kept you wanting more in both capacities the whole time, and it ended on a great note when they had that Ladder match for the World Championship. Last but not least, they kept this thing going for months. It started with Batista and Jericho's reactions to Michaels during Wrestlemania of that year. The Ladder match was at No Mercy, 6 months later. They kept my attention for almost half a year, during a time when most feuds got boring after the second PPV cycle. That's saying something. It's a feud every wrestler on the roster today should take notes from.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.
Old 12-18-2016, 02:23 PM
Friendly Neighborhood
WWE Diva's Champion

@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...

Hmm, I suspect my own pick for all time favorite will be discussed at length in this thread. So I'm gonna be "that guy", and go a little contrarian by bringing up my honorable mention.

Sami Zayn vs Adrian Neville
I know this feud might not have endured the test of time just yet, being as recent as concluding in 2014. However, this feud deserves celebration in terms of being straight forward booking 101 with flares of nuance. Having seeds planted many months in advance, when the two were jocking for number one contendership for Bo Dallas' NXT Title. A heated match ends with Sami rejecting Neville's handshake, kicking Neville's hand aside and hugging him, before raising his hand.

Fast forward, Neville wins the NXT title, and endures as the consummate babyface champ, while Sami struggles for contention. Eventually, their paths cross in a fatal four way, and when it looks like Sami is going to pick up the win, Neville exploits a heel tactic, pulling the ref out of the ring, leading to Neville retaining.

Neville continues to flirt with his dark side, while calling Sami's own killer instinct into question. As everything snowballs to a conclusion, Sami puts his own career on the line for one more shot at the NXT title.

R Evolution comes around. Adrian plays a perfect heel to Zayn's sympathetic story. Late in the match, Zayn has the opportunity to take the easy way out as the ref is unconscious. All the while, Corey Graves, who announced his forced retirement , is pleading with Sami from the commentary, save your career! But Sami doesn't, and wins perfectly clean. The roster celebrates with Sami. Sami extends his hand, which Neville kicks aside to pull Zayn in for a hug. The ppv concludes with a seamless transition into Sami 's next feud when he is betrayed by his best friend, who finally arrived to the WWE that very night, Kevin Owens.

All in all, it did everything a great feud should. The stakes were real, the characters were challenged and we're forced to evolve, and it wasn't bogged down by overcomplicated bookimg.

Gonna go watch my best of NXT dvd, now.

No. No one else misses Rybaxel
Old 12-18-2016, 02:55 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

Makaveli31 is looking to come up from OCW...Makaveli31 is looking to come up from OCW...Makaveli31 is looking to come up from OCW...Makaveli31 is looking to come up from OCW...

Ultimate Warrior v. Randy Savage

Two words: Career ending. This feud was so heated that it could only end one way. With one man losing his wrestling career in the prime of his career. By 1990, Randy Savage had become a thorn in the Warrior's side. He had resorted to sneak attacking the Warrior at every turn in order to bait the Warrior into giving a WWF title shot. The most egregious coming at Royal Rumble 1991 when Savage cost the Warrior the WWF title by hitting him in the head with a scepter. It lead to the infamous promo Warrior did on Superstars of Wrestling where, with a piece of glass still embedded in his skull, he finally accepted Savage's challenge. This of course led to the all-time great retirement match at WrestleMania 7 where Liz returned to attack Sherry. This feud had it all. Two of the WWF's most colorful and eccentric characters going to head to head in classic matches, interviews, and segments.

Who could forget Savage's promo at Survivor Series '90 issuing the challenge to Warrior or Warrior repeatedly turning down the advances of one Sensational Queen Sherry including the final one at Royal Rumble 91 where Sherry, infamously, fell to her knees to beg Warrior for a title shot for Savage.

The story would not end in 1991 as Savage and Warrior's paths would cross once again in 1992 in a feud for the WWF title at SummerSlam 1992 and the formation of the Ultimate Maniacs tag team but no feud, to me, was as personal or emotional as their 1990/91 feud.
Old 12-18-2016, 05:15 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

HBKperfect23 is looking to come up from OCW...HBKperfect23 is looking to come up from OCW...HBKperfect23 is looking to come up from OCW...HBKperfect23 is looking to come up from OCW...HBKperfect23 is looking to come up from OCW...HBKperfect23 is looking to come up from OCW...

Shawn Michaels vs Bret Hart
This is the feud of the century. 2 of the greatest all around performers in the history of the industry. They had similar paths to the top. Both starting out in tag teams. They had briefly feuded over the ic title (mostly at house shows). The iron man match is considered one of the greatest matches of all time. The USA vs CAN feud started the attitude era. Shawn and Bret were shooting on each other in interviews on a weekly basis at one point. The most controversial match in wrestling history at survivor series 1997.

Honorable mention:
Savage vs Jake Roberts 91/92
Old 12-18-2016, 07:36 PM
Knockout Champion

FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...

Probably one I'm forgetting but my top 3 would be

Von Erichs vs The Freebirds
Had great memories growing up following this feud which seemed to last for years.

Steve Austin vs Mr Mcmahon
They didn't have so many matches but the feud had a good storyline.

Bret Hart vs Shawn Michaels
It was a great rivalry with at the time the 2 greatest wrestlers then later progressed into the Hart Foundation and DX feud
Old 12-18-2016, 07:45 PM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
Million Dollar Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...

I started watching wrestling in 2009, so I'll go with the feuds I actually saw happening live.

My favourite feud has to be Daniel Bryan vs The Authority. Everything just felt so real, everybody was so invested in this and the pay off was worth the 8 month build-up.

I feel like that's something that's missing from today's WWE. Fans aren't that invested and it's been a long time since we had a long and enjoyable feud, that got really personal. Rollins vs Ambrose almost got there, but never really exceeded expectations. WWE needs more personal feuds and more "organic chemistry" between their wrestlers.
Old 12-18-2016, 07:48 PM
Exodus 3:14

Dragon Chief is looking to come up from OCW...

Brock Lesnar V. Kurt Angle and Brock Lesnar V Bill Goldberg. Arguably the two most intense and legitimate feuds of all time. Probably a feud between the greatest athletes in recent WWE history as well. I feel like these three wrestlers could beat anyone in pro wrestling history in a legitimate fight.

Old 12-18-2016, 07:51 PM
Knockout Champion

Mudlup50 is looking to come up from OCW...Mudlup50 is looking to come up from OCW...Mudlup50 is looking to come up from OCW...Mudlup50 is looking to come up from OCW...Mudlup50 is looking to come up from OCW...Mudlup50 is looking to come up from OCW...Mudlup50 is looking to come up from OCW...

I have a few that come to mind

Shawn Michaels v Triple H
When I started watching this feud had been going on for like a year and it was still incredible! They had so many classic matches in their feud, one of the best triple threat matches at Wrestlemania 20, the unsanctioned match from Summerslam and just about any match they had. There was a great story to be told during this feud and it was the first feud I watched that seemed real to me.

Matt Hardy v. MVP
I'm sure this feud people forget about but at this time Smackdown was my preferred show and this feud helped me become fans of both guys for a while. I've never been a fan of Matt Hardy but during this feud he seemed legit and the United States championship hasn't looked as valuable since!

Undertaker v. Edge
This was around the time where I started liking the heels and this feud was a big part of why I did. Edge worked so well as a heel and legitimately made me hate him at times! Undertaker being my favorite surely helped but this feud lasted a long time and never felt stale at all.
Old 12-18-2016, 09:11 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

MoRtAnDaD is looking to come up from OCW...MoRtAnDaD is looking to come up from OCW...MoRtAnDaD is looking to come up from OCW...

Bret vs HBK

HBK vs Taker

Taker vs Edge

Both feuds between HBK and Y2J

put in any order you want...cant pick one over the others.