WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: He's not a bad guy,he's not a good guy,but is he THE guy?
I'd say the time is now to admit it...whether we like it or not 5 20.00%
Funny guy, maybe he's the Face of the WCWF,but he'll never be the Face of WWE 2 8.00%
When he shows us he's ready...which he may never will be 14 56.00%
He's not THE Guy,But likely will be 4 16.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-15-2016, 03:42 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...
Default At what point do we admit it..?

At what point do we quit fooling ourselves and recognize the fact that he (Roman Reigns) is the New Face of the WWE?

Yeah that stings right? To some I may sound even dumbfounded. But truth in the matter is by now he is. With Cena now in semi-retirement and Roman now replacing Cena in almost everything it's safe to say he's THE Guy.

Whether fans wants to admit it,whether any of us wants to admit it he's THE Guy. By now almost everybody knows who Roman Reigns is. When he's doing posterboy stuff like the stuff with Make A Wish, Tribute To The Troops,Selling merch the way he does who else can really fit that title. Not to mention majority of children love him more than anybody else on the roster and sees him as their "hero."

When mainstream media outlets talk WWE they talk about mainly Roman Reigns or John Cena. When you see WWE commercials who's featured? Roman Reigns,WWE Posters? Roman Reigns.

Some may say AJ Styles? But come on anybody with a brain know that's just a storyline. Yes, Styles may be the Face of SmackDown...But it takes a helluva lot more to be the Face of the entire company. At which point do fans wake up and admit this?
WCWF TAG TEAM- CODE 5 (5000, BRIQ ROMINE)
ROYAL RUMBLE- AJ STYLES
MONEY IN THE BANK- SAMI ZAYN
KING OF THE RING
- SAMOA JOE

Last edited by BEAT THAT ***** ASS : 12-15-2016 at 03:56 PM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 04:10 PM
Let me show ya somethin!!!
Million Dollar Champion

Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Eh. Maybe some day. Yes, he's in commercials and doing Make A Wish, but so do several other wrestlers. They obviously wanted him to be at one point. Maybe they still do, but there's no doubt they've pulled the reins a little bit on that. The biggest problem is their lack of options.

Rollins, probably their best alternative, might've ended his possibilities a few years ago with certain pictures. You know WWE doesn't want kids to Google him and find those. Plus he's also had injuries that, if repeated, could shorten/end his career at any moment. Either way, they're a long road to recovery. He's really young though, so he still has time.
Styles is too old.
Ambrose is missing something. Plus his character doesn't really have a "face of the company" style to it.
Zayn possibly if he could pull off a DB sort of backing.
I like KO, but realistically, do you think WWE would make him face of the company?
Maybe they were going to pursue it with Balor (and they still could), but he got injured so fast, who knows?

Anyone else have any realistic possibilities?

I said realistic.
Old 12-15-2016, 04:15 PM
Knockout Champion

RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I know I'm a Roman Reigns guy! (Of course, I'm also a consummate beautiful women's guy, but that's another story!)

I've even applied to be known as "Romanfreakinreigns". Wonder when the moderator will cause it to happen!

I can agree that he slowly is cementing his spot as "The guy" and Face of the company as a whole, implicit in which is the fact that he comes across as a genuinely likable, humble , good person(just like The Rock), and is a great role model for kids, teenagers and adults alike.

What really matters is that Roman Reigns has "it", a complete package. He has the looks, the in-ring ability to perform excellent matches with diverse performers, pretty decent on the mic too I'd say.

I'd be very happy the day Reigns wins the Universal title, because I'm just bored of Kevin Owens. I was a huge KO fan, but now I'm not.

Roman Reigns is the Guy, Seth Rollins is the Man! And any time those two are in the title picture is a great time!

May be many will try to deny it, using any number of arguments, but Roman Reigns really could be, the next poster boy, if he already isn't. (Like I said, I don't really care about the merchandise sales and kids and all that, so I have no idea. )

Besides, who really is there? AJ Styles is a great wrestler and has quite a personality to him, but for the face of the company, I'm not so sure. Same goes about the Kevin Owens', Dolph Zigglers', Dean Ambroses and Finn Balors.

There really isn't anyone else. Roman Reigns has a bright future! May be Seth can be too, but I'm not so sure.
If anything, Reigns deserves admiration from and acknowledgement as one of the better performers from more adult fans.

Last edited by RomanfreakinReigns : 12-15-2016 at 04:24 PM.
Old 12-15-2016, 04:49 PM
ECW TV Champion

OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...

He's the face of the WWE in the sense that they plaster his face everywhere. He's a good-looking guy, there's no doubt about it, and any chance WWE gets to put his mug front and center, they take that chance more often than not. Still, I'd argue he's not the definitive face of the company and he's not the definitive face of the product as of yet. As Fire Marshall Bill said, in regards to Make-A-Wish, promotional videos, etc., sure he takes part in it, but so does everybody else. If I'm not mistaken, Rollins has actually appeared on more mainstream talk shows than Roman Reigns has. He's been just as active outside the company as Roman has. And Rollins has also been involved in the WWE title picture just as consistently as Reigns has since the Shield split and has gotten the best of him on most occasions.

I'd say as of right now, Reigns and Rollins share the burden of the "face of the company" label similar to how Orton, Cena, and Batista did before Cena clearly became the number one. Whichever one ends up as the man going forward is still completely up in the air as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited by OYDK : 12-15-2016 at 04:54 PM.
Old 12-15-2016, 06:45 PM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
United States Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

Cena is still the face of the company, the number one guy. The guy people will relate to WWE that is a somewhat active roster member. Reigns may not even be in the top five. I would definitely put Lesnar over him. Charlotte and Sasha should be above him as well. Ambrose and Miz and Orton are probably more synonymous with WWE. I forgot about Jericho. HHH, Vince, Shane, DB, and Foley are above him if you want to talk about non-wrestlers. I wouldn't put the whole cast of Total Divas above him but definitely Nikki Bella.

Roman is fine. But he is nowhere near the face of the company. Maybe there is no face right, there certainly doesn't have to be. Roman just lacks a personality that screams face of the company. It also looks like he tucks his pants in to his boots so that is working against him. The guy is barely carrying much of Raw besides a few clearly written words, a couple of snears, and then a decent to good match. Look at how much on screen time is going to Owens, Jericho, New Day, and Enzo and Cass in comparison to Reigns. Cena rarely got less time when he was around.

You could make a better argument that there is no face over Roman being the face. He just isn't.
GSB Observation #8675309 - I've never seen Samoa Joe and Manny from Modern Family in the same room at the same time, coincidence?
Old 12-15-2016, 06:52 PM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grab Her By The Garfield View Post
At what point do we quit fooling ourselves and recognize the fact that he (Roman Reigns) is the New Face of the WWE?
I've been watching professional wrestling for over 30 years now, actually more than that, and never in my life have I seen people get so pissed off because other people don't like their hero, Roman Reigns. It's okay not to like Daniel Bryan, he's a nerd, right. And others, but to dislike Roman Reigns, well, it's like you just killed a kitten or something. Let me tell you what I think of Roman Reigns. It's not going to be popular but I'm beyond giving a shit as these threads pop up every couple of weeks.

Roman Reigns pisses me off to no end. I'm sick and tired of looking at him, having him in every almost every main event match on every RAW and most PPV's in two years, is making me want to throw up. He has been shoved so far down our throats, that when you open your mouths all you see is the soles of his feel.

Is he good in the ring, at times yes. Good looking, sure why not. Horrible on the mic, that's a true statement right there. Has charisma, no fucking way, none whatsoever. He's just not as good as those blinded by his looks.

The crowds have made it clear that they don't like him for whatever reason's they have, the WWE have just steamrolled right over it and pushed him anyway. So let him be champ, let him be champ forever. Make a new belt that says "Roman Reign - King of the WWE". Make everyone else fight till the end of time for the IC and US titles. I'll watch the blue brand, or whatever one he's not on and be happy.
Old 12-15-2016, 07:18 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

There seem to be a lot of "you're either with us or against us" extreme positions when it comes to discussions on Roman Reigns; if you like the guy, then some go out of their way to belittle you as though you have some hopeless man-crush but if you don't gush all over him, then you despise the ground he walks on and you're just a hater. There's so little in the way of middle ground when it comes to Reigns that talk of his future in WWE is almost a parody of itself.

Here's the way I look at Roman Reigns. I think the guy's okay. He's far from being the worst I've ever seen and he's far from being the best I've ever seen. He has enough overall ability to tie everything together good enough to where I'm not embarrassed to watch him anymore; at least Vince was able to realize his mistake of having Reigns utilize the catchphrases of Looney Toon characters so as not to repeat them but, at the same time, I'm of the opinion that Vince has still made many more mistakes with Reigns that he still hasn't corrected.

I don't see Roman Reigns being accepted, ever, as the way Vince hopes for by a significant number of fans. That's not to say he can't be successful, or won't be successful, but the odds are stacked against Reigns being lauded by fans as WWE's next superhero because A. many resent Reigns being pushed to the main event before he was ready, which is an opinion shared by many, including myself, and B. they're burned out on the nigh invincible superhero who overcomes all the odds no matter what. It's a formula WWE used ad nauseam with John Cena for years, sometimes to the detriment of the viability of the roster as a whole, and one that'd been stale for a long time.

Roman Reigns has improved a good deal since he's been out of the main event picture. Now, is that because Reigns has improved in areas where he needs work or is it because he's in a spot that's more conducive to his abilities? Personally, I feel that it's a little bit of both. Reigns carries himself with more confidence and he's not out there trying to be all cute & silly on the mic but he's also someone that I don't see being able to hold the attention or interest of fans in long promos without someone else out there with him to play off of.

Right now, Roman Reigns is NOT the face of WWE. As others have said, sure he's used in promos for Make A Wish and all that but not remotely to the same extent and degree as Cena has been and there are a lot of others also being featured in those ads as well that get just as much airtime as he does. Aside from John Cena, there's no singular, definitive face of WWE and I hope that's the way it continues. Putting nearly all of his collective eggs in the John Cena basket is something that's bitten Vince in the ass more than once and if you look at the rest of professional wrestling, I think it's fairly obvious that a good many fans would rather see a roster full of wrestlers with the built up credibility that's able to step up into a main event slot instead of it mostly being centered on one single guy. Again, that's all part of the formula used on Cena that many are burned out on and sick of.

Unless he does something to earn heat for whatever reason, including another Wellness Policy violation, Reigns will be among the top guys in WWE for much of the next decade. But if it ultimately did come down to WWE having one, single, definitive face of the company, I just don't see it with Reigns. Some may think of him as the heir apparent to John Cena, that's all well and good, but the simple fact of the matter is that John Cena leaves some extremely big shoes to fill and I'm of the opinion that Reigns simply isn't the guy to fill 'em.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 12-15-2016, 08:41 PM
ECW TV Champion

OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post

Unless he does something to earn heat for whatever reason, including another Wellness Policy violation, Reigns will be among the top guys in WWE for much of the next decade. But if it ultimately did come down to WWE having one, single, definitive face of the company, I just don't see it with Reigns. Some may think of him as the heir apparent to John Cena, that's all well and good, but the simple fact of the matter is that Cena has some very big shoes to fill and I'm of the opinion that Reigns simply isn't the guy to fill 'em.
I agree with most everything you said and I also agree with this to a certain degree. The way I see it however, is that WWE will never let go of the idea of making Reigns the face of their company. Sure they took him out of the World (or Universal) title picture for a while but even as US champ, he was the one closing shows, not Kevin Owens. And look where he is now; fighting for the top title once again even though he's holding the US championship. Who else did that not too long ago? John Cena.

I personally don't think Roman has the natural skill to be the true face of the company. I doubt he'll ever come close to the heights that Cena reached and there are better options on the roster than Roman Reigns. All that being said, the guy's going to get pushed to the top no matter what. I think we all need to accept that fact. It's been proven time and time again for the past 3 years now.

The question isn't whether Roman Reigns has the skill to be the face of the company, he doesn't. That might not be a proven fact, but it might as well be for anybody not deluded by his looks. The question is whether WWE will make him their face despite his deficiencies, despite the crowd reaction, despite everything. And unfortunately, it's blatantly obvious that they are already grooming him for that spot once John Cena officially calls it quits.

Last edited by OYDK : 12-15-2016 at 08:44 PM.
Old 12-15-2016, 10:14 PM

Noshowers is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
There seem to be a lot of "you're either with us or against us" extreme positions when it comes to discussions on Roman Reigns; if you like the guy, then some go out of their way to belittle you as though you have some hopeless man-crush but if you don't gush all over him, then you despise the ground he walks on and you're just a hater. There's so little in the way of middle ground when it comes to Reigns that talk of his future in WWE is almost a parody of itself.

Here's the way I look at Roman Reigns. I think the guy's okay. He's far from being the worst I've ever seen and he's far from being the best I've ever seen. He has enough overall ability to tie everything together good enough to where I'm not embarrassed to watch him anymore; at least Vince was able to realize his mistake of having Reigns utilize the catchphrases of Looney Toon characters so as not to repeat them but, at the same time, I'm of the opinion that Vince has still made many more mistakes with Reigns that he still hasn't corrected.

I don't see Roman Reigns being accepted, ever, as the way Vince hopes for by a significant number of fans. That's not to say he can't be successful, or won't be successful, but the odds are stacked against Reigns being lauded by fans as WWE's next superhero because A. many resent Reigns being pushed to the main event before he was ready, which is an opinion shared by many, including myself, and B. they're burned out on the nigh invincible superhero who overcomes all the odds no matter what. It's a formula WWE used ad nauseam with John Cena for years, sometimes to the detriment of the viability of the roster as a whole, and one that'd been stale for a long time.

Roman Reigns has improved a good deal since he's been out of the main event picture. Now, is that because Reigns has improved in areas where he needs work or is it because he's in a spot that's more conducive to his abilities? Personally, I feel that it's a little bit of both. Reigns carries himself with more confidence and he's not out there trying to be all cute & silly on the mic but he's also someone that I don't see being able to hold the attention or interest of fans in long promos without someone else out there with him to play off of.

Right now, Roman Reigns is NOT the face of WWE. As others have said, sure he's used in promos for Make A Wish and all that but not remotely to the same extent and degree as Cena has been and there are a lot of others also being featured in those ads as well that get just as much airtime as he does. Aside from John Cena, there's no singular, definitive face of WWE and I hope that's the way it continues. Putting nearly all of his collective eggs in the John Cena basket is something that's bitten Vince in the ass more than once and if you look at the rest of professional wrestling, I think it's fairly obvious that a good many fans would rather see a roster full of wrestlers with the built up credibility that's able to step up into a main event slot instead of it mostly being centered on one single guy. Again, that's all part of the formula used on Cena that many are burned out on and sick of.

Unless he does something to earn heat for whatever reason, including another Wellness Policy violation, Reigns will be among the top guys in WWE for much of the next decade. But if it ultimately did come down to WWE having one, single, definitive face of the company, I just don't see it with Reigns. Some may think of him as the heir apparent to John Cena, that's all well and good, but the simple fact of the matter is that Cena has some very big shoes to fill and I'm of the opinion that Reigns simply isn't the guy to fill 'em.
I agree with all of this here and also have a little extra to provide.

To me at least, Roman has the look of a heel. He looks like a cocky arrogant bad guy. He looks entitled. When he is sarcastic in his promos he sounds like he is making fun of people including the fans. He is like the jock football player in high school that the teachers love cause he is such a good kid but gives the underclassmen wedgies in the hallway.

That is part of the look I see along with the tattoos and muscles. He is a natural heel and with his reaction he gets more heat then almsot anyone this past decade, almost as much heat as Muhammad Hassan. Imagine how crazy the crowd would go if Finn Balor or Sami Zayn or Rollins beat him at next years Wrestlemania for the belt? Would be huge in my opinion.
Old 12-16-2016, 05:03 AM
WWE Women's Champion

Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
In professional sport there is a term "you either love the guy or hate it" (or like in our own Navi case loved it then hate it ). Usually describes top guy who is so good that you either love his work and accomplishments or hate his guts because of the things he does inside or outside of what sport he does. F1 Schumacher is one example. Christiano Ronaldo and Messi are another. Tom Brady is another example. You can go even further and expand it to entertainment. Look at Kim K.

Not saying that Roman is that great because even WWE knows that he isnt. Just that he is maybe only one on the roster who has that strain that causes that kind of reaction. For that he is on the level of Cena, HHH and other greats who can cause similar reaction. That is why maybe he is pushed that hard, because if you look at that reaction he is maybe most over person on roster.