WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 12-11-2016, 02:12 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

Kurt Angle's Black Son is looking to come up from OCW...Kurt Angle's Black Son is looking to come up from OCW...Kurt Angle's Black Son is looking to come up from OCW...Kurt Angle's Black Son is looking to come up from OCW...Kurt Angle's Black Son is looking to come up from OCW...Kurt Angle's Black Son is looking to come up from OCW...Kurt Angle's Black Son is looking to come up from OCW...
Default 5 Bold Predictions For 2017

This has been a very unpredictable year for WWE. We saw the debut of TNA Legend AJ Styles and win the WWE Championship,Bullet Club (even a if it was a modified version) in WWE,Goldberg return,The return of the Brand Split,John Cena began semi-retirement,Shane McMahon return,Randy Orton join The Wyatt Family,the return of the Women's and Cruiserweight Division (and of course the championships.) Needless to say it's been a crazy year of surprises. This year has been unpredictable. We can expect 2017 may be even wilder. Here's my 5 Bold Predictions for 2017.

Roman Reigns will become "everybody's" favorite wrestler again- Back in 2014,Roman Reigns not only became the most popular member of The Shield. But after Daniel Bryan got injured,he became the most over Superstar in the roster. Majority of the WWE fans turned their back on Reigns,due to feeling he wasn't "ready." Which at that time he wasn't. As we got to 2015, Reigns improved upon his wrestling ability and stole the show at more Pay Per Views than almost anyone. Reigns however was still missing two things.... Charisma and Mic Skills. As we got 2016, Reigns slowly started to gain that swagger needed to be at the top. Truth be told he already had it,if you watch old footage. However,the responsibility he was being given was a bit much for the "Big Dog" causing him to nit be as good as he could've been. Keen on making Roman "THE Guy," WWE continued anyways...until Roman got suspended. Since coming back, Roman has improved in every step of the way. He's not even a bad talker anymore. He's no CM Punk..but then again..Who is? In 2017, I expect the WWE to better appreciate Roman Reigns and his willingness to improve and step up.

Kurt Angle will return to the WWE-Kurt Angle hasn't been seen in a WWE ring in a decade!! Can you believe it?! Angle left WWE and went onto to another (at that time) for another's Major Promotion...TNA Wrestling. Angle just like in WWE,would go on to be a TNA Legend. In fact he's one of the only members of the TNA Hall Of Fame. Angle left TNA back in 2014 and has been a Free Agent every since. With that being said, I think 2017 may be the year that we finally see Angle back. Word on the street is that both parties are on good terms and with Angle just recently turning 48. Its safe to say it's now or never. I think we may see Angle return in the 2017 Royal Rumble Match,or shortly thereafter.

WWE and CM Punk will work everything out- CM Punk left the WWE on the worst of terms in 2014. CM Punk would later state jokingly in a interview that he would never return to WWE. Punk then later went on to "mean it." Now while I don't see a CM Punk return to WWE in 2017, I see the two sides working things out at the very least. I think we could get the return of AJ Lee and eventually CM Punk in 2018. Impossible? Well I guess you haven't watched WWE TV in the last 4 years,

John Cena will turn heel and become a 16x World Champion- John Cena has been in the WWE for almost he better part of 2 decades. Cena has been billed by many "The Ultimate Babyface" or "The Ultimate Superman." For so many years, we've heard "He'll never turn heel." However, now we might just see that. Cena is no longer a Full-Time Performer and as JR stated,"John probably never will be again." I'd give it less than 4 years before Cena hangs up the boots due to the growing love for the Movie Scene. In 2017, not only do I see John Cena turning heel...but winning his 16th World Title on the process. The opponent? Finn Bálor for the soon to be renamed,WWE Universal Championship,or The Undertaker for the WWE Championship.

Randy Orton will retire-As with Cena, Orton has been in the WWE for nearly 20 years,15 to the exact come April. Over the past few years, we've seen Orton suffer injury after injury after injury. Injuries was once rare for Orton. But here lately, he seemingly f**ks up his shoulder or neck or a concussion. With that being said and as much as hate to see it happen. But I think Randys done in 2017. If he fucks up that shoulder one more time it's safe yo say he 's done. Whether that be by force from doctor or by WWE. Knocking on wood but next year could be the final year of the...R.K.O.

What's your bold predictions? I'm interested to see. Comment Below!!
US- BRAY WYATT
WORLD TAG TEAM- THE ASCENSION
ROYAL RUMBLE- AJ STYLES
MONEY IN THE BANK- SAMI ZAYN
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 02:24 PM
Da Best Sports Entertainer Ever
WWF Hardcore Champion

BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...

1 - John Cena turns heel

2 - The Hardy Boys return to WWE

3 - Smackdown goes to 3 hours

4 - Undertakes loses at WrestleMania again

5 - Vince gives up full control to HHH & Stephanie

I'm not sure if any of these will happen, but they all make sense. Vince is 71, so how much longer will he want to be in control? Cena is part-time, and everyone turns eventually. The Hardys will eventually return, just like almost everyone. Also Raw went 3 hours, so you never know with Smackdown. Anyways 2017 should be a good year.
Old 12-11-2016, 04:16 PM
Why mail cabbage? Seriously! Why?
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
1 - John Cena turns heel

2 - The Hardy Boys return to WWE

3 - Smackdown goes to 3 hours

4 - Undertakes loses at WrestleMania again

5 - Vince gives up full control to HHH & Stephanie

I'm not sure if any of these will happen, but they all make sense. Vince is 71, so how much longer will he want to be in control? Cena is part-time, and everyone turns eventually. The Hardys will eventually return, just like almost everyone. Also Raw went 3 hours, so you never know with Smackdown. Anyways 2017 should be a good year.

That is long overdue. Vince passing the torch will only make WWE great again. I'm not saying WWE is bad, but with HHH/Steph at the helm, it could be great.
Old 12-11-2016, 08:10 PM
Marry me Billie Kay!!!
WWE Diva's Champion

#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...

Just a quick note on CM Punk. He will also need to publicly apologize to Dr. Amann. Now, on to the bold predictions.

Roman Reigns will face Lesnar again. These guys had good chemistry and a great match at Wrestlemania 31. It's just too good a formula for it to be wasted on just a one off match.

Undertaker will face AJ Styles at Wrestlemania 33 for the WWE World Championship. This is more wishful thinking on my part. I want to see this match. I also want to see Samoa Joe vs John Cena at Wrestlemania.

The Authors of Pain will dethrone The New Day. The problem with facing The New Day has been that their challengers always fall for their antics. The New Day's run has to be ended by a no nonsense powerhouse tag team. The Authors of Pain fit the bill.

Charlotte will continue to dominate the women's division. It doesn't seem like a stretch to state this, but I just don't see anyone in that division getting to her level. Not even Sasha or Bayley. I'm excited at the possibility of Charlotte vs Dana Brooke.

John Cena will not reach 16. It hurts me to predict that. I will love nothing more than seeing that record tied by Cena. It just seems that Cena will be too busy in 2017. I hope I'm wrong.

Old 12-11-2016, 08:30 PM

LoveReignsO'erMe is looking to come up from OCW...

Not to nitpick, but a lot of these are not bold predictions. Many of the "bold predictions" being posted here are pretty popular rumors in the dirt sheets.

A bold prediction would be "No former shield member will hold either of the top 2 championships in the calendar year 2017". I'm not saying I am making that one of mine, but it has to be something that when you first hear it you say "nah, no way". That's what makes it bold.

Here's one: Rusev will be main eventing a PPV as a challenger for one of the two major world titles.
Old 12-12-2016, 01:10 AM
WWF Hardcore Champion

MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...

1. Samoa Joe debuts at the Royal Rumble and either wins it or gets some type of major Wrestlemania match...my hope is vs. AJ Styles for WWE World title

2. Finn Balor returns at either Royal Rumble or sometime before Wrestlemania and challenges Kevin Owens for Universial Championship, Jericho will also be involved in a triple threat show stealer.

3. Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar will be hyped up, Brock will win a match where he looks beaten down and sneaks out a win.

4. John Cena vs. Undertaker will be a good match, Undertaker will beat Cena, he'll go back into his part time WWE Wrestler/actor thing.

5. sometime this year, Roman Reigns will win a major title (WWE or Universial title) and the fans will still not give much of a care for him because we'll want to see someone else (like Cesaro or Zayn holding it).
Old 12-12-2016, 05:18 PM
Knockout Champion

Mudlup50 is looking to come up from OCW...Mudlup50 is looking to come up from OCW...Mudlup50 is looking to come up from OCW...Mudlup50 is looking to come up from OCW...Mudlup50 is looking to come up from OCW...Mudlup50 is looking to come up from OCW...Mudlup50 is looking to come up from OCW...

Again most of these predictions aren't that bold, they're legit rumors people have talked about already this year. So I'm gonna take a stab at this

1. Rusev will win the a world Championship- Rusev is criminally underrated and 2017 looks to be a year for that to change. He's been in a major spot for years now and really deserves to take that spot up, my guess is with the Money in the Bank Briefcase maybe even going to Smackdown to keep his feuds interesting.

2. Both World championships will change hands at Wrestlemania- I wanna say the only time this has happened is at Wrestlemania 21 but this year, it looks likely we'll see this again. With both world champions on long runs(especially for this year), WWE looks like they're booking both champs to lose it at Mania.

3. We'll have single digit world champs by the end of the year- Right away we have Owens, Styles but with the rumor that Taker takes the belt off Styles we'll be at 3. Then both titles swapping hands at Mania we're already at 5! Cena's record tying reign will most likely be a lengthy one going till at least Summerslam where whoever takes it off him will probably be booked pretty dominantly until the end of the year. Balor will most likely get the long run he was most likely going to have on Raw, before he drops it to AJ probably around July.

4. Cena and Orton will form a Modern 2 Man power Trip- I've been saying for years that these 2 should take over the tag division and with the way Smackdown has run it's tag division it could be likely next year after Cena drops his world title. Imagine the 2 biggest stars of the last decade as heels taking on American Alpha

5. Cesaro/Zayn/Crews and others return to the indies- I'm surprised there isn't more talk of this, the WWE has really dropped the ball on a lot of mid card guys. People like Crews and Zayn almost have nothing to do at points and with another influx of NXT talent they'll have even less to do. Maybe they'll take off and head to the indies to regain some value
Old 12-13-2016, 06:12 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Un-Bo-Lievable Jeff is looking to come up from OCW...Un-Bo-Lievable Jeff is looking to come up from OCW...Un-Bo-Lievable Jeff is looking to come up from OCW...

I agree above, you can't be making a Bold prediction if you are the fourth person on this thread alone to predict Cena will win 16 titles or Taker will retire at WM.

Bold predictions have to be pretty far out there and slightly unpredictable.

1. Female division will have their own Royal Rumble match.

2. Nia Jax will be the next first time female champion

3. Big E leaves New Day, but Kofi and Xavier remain.

4. Sami Zayn wins the Royal Rumble

5. NXT becomes a weekly show on TV
Old 12-13-2016, 09:56 AM
With the safety off!!
TNA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

I don't know if these are predictions but more of me wishful thinking.

1. Put all the women on the same roster, same with the tag team division. Example, put the women on RAW and the tag teams on SD. They have watered the divisions down by doing it the way they did.

2. Hopefully the rumour's aren't true and Styles will not to go RAW. According to the dirt sheets Vince loves the way he works and wants to move him to the flagship show. Keep him on SD for another year, and give him someone other than Ambrose and Ellsworth to feud with. That's where the draft is so important.

3. Send Rusev to SD to feud with Corbin. Rusev is doing nothing on RAW and Corbin needs a Rusev to show he can mix it up with the big guys.

4. If they don't trade Rusev, bring Joe up to the main roster and put him up against either Styles or Corbin. I have a feeling though Styles next feud will be either a returning John Cena or Taker.

5. This is a silly one. Just once can we see what Eva Marie can or can't do in the ring. Then she can go back to just doing her entrance and I'll be happy with that.
Old 12-13-2016, 02:48 PM
Knockout Champion

Mudlup50 is looking to come up from OCW...Mudlup50 is looking to come up from OCW...Mudlup50 is looking to come up from OCW...Mudlup50 is looking to come up from OCW...Mudlup50 is looking to come up from OCW...Mudlup50 is looking to come up from OCW...Mudlup50 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navi View Post
I don't know if these are predictions but more of me wishful thinking.

1. Put all the women on the same roster, same with the tag team division. Example, put the women on RAW and the tag teams on SD. They have watered the divisions down by doing it the way they did.
I'm always confused by why people would want this so hopefully you can explain it to me. I get that currently there aren't enough women to run 2 divisions but wouldn't the simple solution be to expand the women's rosters of both shows? If the point of the whole Diva's/Women's revolution was to establish them as an integral part of the show and every bit as much a draw as the men, segregating them to one show would argue against that! I think the best thing to do is to actually build the women's divisions, being as the WWE doesn't seem to care how many programs they air why not have a weekly show for the Women wrestlers a la 205 Live? It can be a brandless show.

I also wanna say that the brand split has done wonders for the women of Smackdown, Becky Lynch was getting buried underneath Charlotte and Sasha like how Bayley is now, she goes to Smackdown and has really recovered her brand if you will. Alexa Bliss would not have gotten a shot either on Raw. One division would bury these women into the bottom of the card. Even Carmella has been built up by the brand split, the only women who haven't are Raw women, at least to me