WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 12-08-2016, 02:44 PM
Friendly Neighborhood
WWE Diva's Champion

@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default Anyone else interested in the Slater/Rhyno program?

On Tuesday's Talking Smack, the former tag team champions of Beauty and the Man Beast teased a volatile disbanding. Rhyno aggressively blamed Slater for their loss on Smackdown, while Heath defensively acknowledged Rhyno taking the pinfall at TLC. The relationship is rocky, with all signs pointing to a split and feud.

I gotta say, I'm surprised at how excited I am.

Slater has been the most unlikely of breakout stars since the brand split. You have to assume this opportunity was given to him after years of loyalty to the company, but Slater has made the most of it. While his contract pursuit was told with humour, he had a few moments of terrific intensity. It was a side of the character I didn't expect. This is the kind of character I can get behind as a solo act, and one I'm very intrigued in watching evolve in a grudge feud, with of all people, the last ECW (original) Champion.

I think what excites me the most is the potential aftermath. While I'd prefer Heath ends this one on top, Smackdown has been good at protecting the loser of a program. The fallout could lead to an Intercontinental Championship program for Heath in a few months, and a veteran like Rhyno sniffing the edges of the World Championship scene has only ever helped.

Seriously, anyone else looking forward to watching this one play?

No. No one else misses Rybaxel
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 03:12 PM
ECW TV Champion

OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...

I think it will be a decent little undercard feud, but I really can't see them getting a PPV match out of it. If they do, it's likely to be on a pre-show but really, who knows. Perhaps fans will get behind this thing and we'll see them face off on whatever SD PPV is after the Rumble.

I'm not sure where either guy goes from here though. If I'm being completely honest, I see Rhyno going away for a bit and Slater kind of fading back into jobber obscurity, but again, who the hell knows. SD lacks depth in a lot of areas so if the crowd gets behind Heath enough, I wouldn't mind seeing him move up the card a bit.
Old 12-08-2016, 05:11 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

It could be interesting, possibly even a good way of elevating Slater's status as a singles wrestler. I doubt it'll be the stuff that dreams are made of and they might get one, MAYBE even two ppv matches out of it before ultimately moving on.

Slater has gotten over pretty well with his "I got kids" angle and if fans keep behind him, I'd have no issue with him moving up the card a bit. Slater's worked hard and most definitely paid his dues in WWE, so rising to greater prominence as a singles wrestler wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 12-08-2016, 05:22 PM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

Yeah, I like Rhyno and there's got to be at least 6 more Smackdown PPV events to pad out before Mania.
Old 12-08-2016, 06:21 PM

ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...

I absolutely am.

It's a lower/mid-card feud that some energy has been put into, and could be the start of a boost for Slater. or not, I don't care.

This kind of feud is exactly what WWE needs MORE of.
Old 12-08-2016, 06:24 PM

NxtBigThing is looking to come up from OCW...

I'm sure they will break up with a possible feud. I think Slater goes over Rhyno in the feud giving the Miz a possible contender for the IC belt leading up to Wrestle Mania. I don't see Slater winning but helping him get some credibility as a singles guy since he already has the personality and fans.
Old 12-08-2016, 07:19 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Agree 100% that WWE needs more undercard non-title feuds - as in actual, well written, planned out feuds.

Maybe WWE is acutely aware that Smackdown is a little lacking in top liners, and with Elimination Chamber rumoured to be a Smackdown ppv, which needs 6 wrestlers in the main event, they are doing a bit of forward planning for February. Have Slater and Rhyno stay together until the Royal Rumble match, maybe Rhyno eliminates Slater or causes him to be eliminated. They have a match on the undercard of Elimination Chamberwhich Slater wins, and then goes on to the Intercontinental Title ladder match at Wrestlemania (assuming they have that for the third year in a row) whilst Rhyno enters the Andre the Giant Memorial battle royal.

Beyond then, probably not a great deal from either of them tbh
Old 12-08-2016, 09:24 PM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

Not opposed to this at all. Slater has done amazingly well since the brand split, and he and Rhyno are the best examples of having one. The "He's got kids" is the funniest thing ever, but again it proves that the fans can and will latch on to the most idiotic things. In other words, things they can identify with. Most of them probably have kids as well, so they can understand why he's doing what he does.

It as has been said will be a nice undercard feud and it had better beginning to it than most. I can see it lasting for a couple of months until one or both are involved in something else.
Old 12-09-2016, 08:03 AM

ColeMc is looking to come up from OCW...ColeMc is looking to come up from OCW...

I loved the angle and it was the best thing about the WWE schedule for a good solid few weeks. However since they got the belts, it's like creative had no clue what to do with them.

I am sure Rhyno was brought in on a short term deal and hopefully that'll be extended to get Heath over and into the midcard. He's criminally underrated and a solid push and maybe a program with the likes of The Miz could solidify him as a regular performer instead of what felt like a jobber tag team champion.
Old 12-11-2016, 07:44 AM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Yes, I'm.

Heath Slater has never made me indulge in what he does or what's next for him. He does have good mic skills though.

But this is the first time that I am interested in seeing what's next for him. His rise towards the tag titles and the evitable victory of titles was executed in a basic yet effective way.

Still, I would like to see him do some more to justify a bigger singles push.