WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Impact Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Can such help solve problems of TNA?
Yay 6 40.00%
]Nay 9 60.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-08-2016, 07:49 AM
Yemrez Reqonıc
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Default Can This Solve Problems of TNA?

So the question is:

Can a consistent & big financial source for TNA solve problems of TNA?

I guess that some problems can be solved via such financial help.

1. TNA could start going live.

2. Have more PPVs instead of just two.

3. Touring in USA and even in other countries.

4. Merchandise sales

Going live will eradicate the interest getting decreased due to spoilers. That should be a primary step.

So yay or nay?
Old 12-08-2016, 08:22 AM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
United States Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

Maybe. They had all of those things a few years ago and it made things incredibly worse. It showed that their footprint was not nearly as big and rabid as they claimed it was. It was a kick in the teeth to TNA and helped fortify their image as a "sinking ship" which people have been jumping off of for years.

Seems like having all these things now would just be a waste of that person's or organization's money. So if I have to answer I say "nay".
GSB Observation #8675309 - I've never seen Samoa Joe and Manny from Modern Family in the same room at the same time, coincidence?
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 08:23 AM
K. O. T. R. 2007 – Team Undisputed
WWE European Champion

King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...

If the WWE bought TNA, all of TNA’s problems would be solved…or TNA would be dissolved. Same difference.

Now let’s say, for argument sake, that if the WWE bought TNA, and did the opposite of what the WWE did with WCW and ECW, TNA would thrive as well as Raw and Smackdown. With the WWE’s help, touring in other countries could increase significantly. Merchandise sales would be up due to better exposure of the product. Every show should be live and there shouldn’t be non-televised house shows anymore. The weekly schedule should look like this.

Monday – Raw
Tuesday – Smackdown
Wednesday – NXT and 205 Live (205 Live should just be NXT’s second hour and the Cruiserweight Championship Title Belt should be NXT’s mid-card Championship)
Thursday – Impact
Friday – SuperStars (a cross-branded live show featuring the WWE Intercontinental, the WWE United States, TNA Grand and TNA X-Division Champions)
Saturday – Saturday Night’s Main Event (a cross-branded live show featuring the WWE Universal, WWE World, TNA World, and TNA Legends / Global / Television / King Of The Mountain Champions)
Sunday – Pay Per View (each brand could have their own PPVs every month. On months with 5 weeks, which I believe only happens 4 times a year, they could have a cross branded PPV on the 5th Sunday)

Yeah, after typing this, it does look to be a tad too much. I’m off to my Universe Mode in WWE 2K games!!

I don't care if you know!! I don't care if you care!!

Last edited by King Patrick Star : 12-08-2016 at 08:29 AM.
Old 12-08-2016, 04:57 PM
Million Dollar Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Right now in my opinion the only way you could solve all the problems that tna as would be to close it down, take a few months off, restructure the main office which mean to get rid of dixie carter, big john and anybody else in the main office that as been a problem for TNA for years now, then rebrand the company and start back.

That'S the only way they can fix all their problems right now because the TNA brand is toxic right now. They burn to many bridges for anybody to really touch it right now.

In my opinion, they are lucky that they got Anthem to essentially buy them out right now but with that came the fact that Billy Corgan and Dave lagana left and they we're the 2 most important part of creative for TNA and that they brought some of the great stuff that TNA as been doing lately. They still Got the Hardy stuff happening but that won'T be popular forever and let face it, i think they are really pushing their luck with this whole 2 hours hardy compond special in my opinion.

In the end, TNA as a brand is done, as much as it pain me to say this, no amount of money will bring the company to where they were 8 years ago. They had their chance to be what NXT is right now and the mismanagement of the company by Dixie and others brought them were they are right now and unless Anthem be be able to keep them were they are right now, maybe they will be able to get a few more ppv, but forget about live shows that'S not happening in today'S environnement with a brand that only the hardcore TNA fans still watches.
Old 12-09-2016, 08:46 AM

ECPirate37 is looking to come up from OCW...

I agree wrestlingmasters55, they need a complete re-brand. I've been watching TNA for a decade now (or when ever it started on Spike), and I love it.

I think with Anthem now in control, rebrand it, and push it. Matt Hardy has said he is interested in creative, and I think with his rebranding that made me care about Matt Hardy for the first time in his career, it would be nice to have him be on that board.

Money fixes most issues in businesses. Maybe if they don't go live every week, they can go every other week. The thing is, they need to have the money to be OUT of the Impact Zone. The crowds here in NY were HOT. But the rent went up on the place they were doing the shows, so not likely they will be back here. However, there are a lot of wrestling fans in other places that will show up. I think the key is to keep ticket prices low. I don't know the business aspect of putting on a show, but right now they get $0 of the gate because people have already paid to be there.

If they swallowed their pride and did $40,$20,$10,$5 tickets, they could fill some smaller venues. The thing is, they need to ADVERTISE in those markets. Like even when TNA films here, I see NO ads for them in the city. There are SO many wrestling fans in NYC, just putting a couple of billboards in the 34th st station would draw people in. (That's the station closest to the venue).

I think TNA needs 4 pay per views a year. That gives plenty of time to build.

As far as merchandise, that's a big thing. They need to come up with some merch that is cool. Like so many people wear the CM Punk shirt, or the Bullet Club shirts, TNA needs their money maker. Dummy Yeah is something that could catch on.

Thanks for this tread, I look forward to seeing what others write.
Old 12-09-2016, 12:09 PM
Cena is no Bruno & Cole is no Solie
WWE Women's Champion

stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...

TNA is not going to rebrand. If that was the case, they would have done it already. Anthem is probably going to follow the LU model, which has worked. Have sporadic live events, and the rest wrap it around the TV show. I have long advocated for TNA to buy a theater in Nashville, spruce it up, and hold their events there. They would also have a commodity to collect more revenue from. The problem was that it was a tax write-off for Panda Energy. Just as true is that TNA was a doll house for Princess Dixie. Now, it has to stand on its own two feet. Right now, the LU model would be the most prudent.
Old 12-09-2016, 03:32 PM
Million Dollar Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray11214 View Post
TNA is not going to rebrand. If that was the case, they would have done it already. Anthem is probably going to follow the LU model, which has worked. Have sporadic live events, and the rest wrap it around the TV show. I have long advocated for TNA to buy a theater in Nashville, spruce it up, and hold their events there. They would also have a commodity to collect more revenue from. The problem was that it was a tax write-off for Panda Energy. Just as true is that TNA was a doll house for Princess Dixie. Now, it has to stand on its own two feet. Right now, the LU model would be the most prudent.
I don't think the LU model with work in a long run because lucha underground is losing money and fans since they first started. The only reason LU is still in business is because they are not really a wrestling company but more of a tv show with wrestling in it and it got some really big name owners that still want to put money into this expensive project.

I don't see anthem wanting to put that much money in the tna product that is going to be producing content every single week because I don't see tna going in a seasonal mode like LU.
Old 12-09-2016, 03:51 PM

filthyanimalz is looking to come up from OCW...filthyanimalz is looking to come up from OCW...filthyanimalz is looking to come up from OCW...

TNA need to refresh the roster with stars that will make the product edgy again. Sign Lita to be in charge of the Knockouts (not just on screen), sign the Young Bucks to bolster the tag team division and sign Jay Lethal to bolster the Xdivision and feud as a Heavyweight/Grand Champion.
Old 12-09-2016, 04:34 PM
Million Dollar Champion

while i agree with filthyanimalz on his idea, unless they are willing to completly overhaul they're thinking on the management front about how to book the company, you could bring all the great indy talent you want, it won't make any difference because they will still be book to be afterthought plus right now WWE is doing a better job at being TNA from back in the day then TNA is doing with NXT.

The other thing is that Lita is still under a WWE deal, even if it'S a legends deal she still under a deal with them so she'S not going anywhere. The bucks are under an exclusivity deal with ROH for 2 years which means that outside of PWG, ROH and New japan, The bucks can'T work anywhere else so that out of the question also. And Jay Lethal if he decide to leave ROH after his contract is up will probably get a offer from WWE to go to NXt which mean that TNA will have to give him a hell of a great offer to bring him back since he's wasn'T very found of TNA management after he left TNA the first time.

They really need to find a way to get out of orlando at this point because right now, their playing second fiddle to NXT down there and NXT is the better product out of the 2 and is the more attractive option for indy wrestlers so they need a plan to attract top indy talents that WWE hasn'T sign yet which is getting harder to do plus they need to get top names that can still work and are not look upon like former wwe lower card guys that wwe didn'T need anymore.

Anthem as a hard road ahead of them to make this a profitable company again and i hope they can but until the cancers are not remove completely from the front office, they will have a hard time bring this company back from the dead.
Old 12-09-2016, 05:20 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

rmp0012002 is looking to come up from OCW...rmp0012002 is looking to come up from OCW...rmp0012002 is looking to come up from OCW...rmp0012002 is looking to come up from OCW...

Unlimited money doesn't fix anything. If you add more unqualified people to Dixie and her crew you get the same bad product. Just hearing the name TNA turns people away so a complete rebrand and change of creative people is needed but will not happen.