WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 11-20-2016, 09:32 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default Way To Bury The Entire Locker Room Vince

Goldberg defeated Brock Lesnar at Survivor Series tonight in less than 90 seconds. The entire match consisted of Lesnar picking Goldberg up & slamming him into a corner, Goldberg no selling, shoving Lesnar onto the mat, hitting him with a spear with Lesnar selling it like he'd just gotten gut shot with a shotgun, and Goldberg delivering a jackhammer for the three count. The result is that Vince McMahon ultimately just made pretty much every guy in WWE look like crap compared to a guy who not only hasn't wrestled in some 12 years, but was never all that good at it in the first place.

If Vince McMahon set out to make every major star in WWE of the past 15 years impotent, he couldn't have succeeded better tonight if Lesnar had went into the match hogtied and blindfolded. It's not that Goldberg won the match so much in that...well it was a friggin' squash match for God's sake. A squash match in which he decimated the guy who came out on top in feuds against Taker, Rock, Edge, Angle, Big Show, Triple H, CM Punk, Randy Orton, the Wyatt Family, Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 09:41 PM

HORRORHOLIC is looking to come up from OCW...HORRORHOLIC is looking to come up from OCW...HORRORHOLIC is looking to come up from OCW...

Yeah I was completely wrong with my predictions and the crowd reaction. But wow what a mistake this was in my opinion. Lesnar beat the streak and was built as legit unstoppable. The guy who beat Brock (I thought it wouldn't be until his last match in about a year and a half at Wrestlemania 34) was gonna get the ultimate rub. It should have been someone who's career was made that night. And then they have an old guy who hasn't wrestled in 12 years, who probably won't wrestle again and who's already beat Brock get the win ? Very, very od and even worse booking. What a mistake!
Old 11-20-2016, 09:44 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

fenderjapan is looking to come up from OCW...fenderjapan is looking to come up from OCW...fenderjapan is looking to come up from OCW...

I think it was perfect.

Brock loses, a punishment fitting for his failed PED test in UFC that WWE had no will/way to punish him for.
Goldberg wins, a redemption fitting for his last WWE run that was a major letdown.
Old 11-20-2016, 09:45 PM
#SwerveKing
WWE Diva's Champion

Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...

Tonight was the perfect example of sacrificing the bigger picture at the expense of the moment. It's like when you cheat on your girlfriend with a hotter girl, and you only last a minute before finishing. It's amazing for that minute. But then when you're done you realize that you just fucked your life up.
Old 11-20-2016, 09:50 PM
WCW TV Champion

Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

BRILLIANT booking by WWE. The "invincible" Brock Lesnar gets taken down a few pegs, and now he's a victim of the same thing he's done to others - there's now an opponent that Brock simply can't beat. Even if they do a third match where Lesnar wins, it won't matter - it will just mean that Brock finally got lucky. Just like WWE emphatically stated that Brock Lesnar is infinitely superior to The Undertaker in every way, now we know that in the world of WWE, Goldberg is infinitely superior to Brock Lesnar in every way.
Old 11-20-2016, 09:52 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I'm gonna inject the WWE with a lethal dose of Poison
If anyones going to kill my creation, it's going to be MEEEEEE!

nWo Vince is back and schizophrenically attacking his own company with decisions like this
To put it in prespective, Shane McMahon, about 30 minutes prior, put on a damn fine performance, and was 100x the man Brock was within Kayfabe.

I mean, it was HAHA funny tonight, I laughed and couldn't believe the finish, I think most people have Lesnar pegged to win, but Goldberg to put on a bit of a fight, friends were commenting they'd then have a 1-1 match breaker at Mania.

The one GOOD thing that comes from tonight, Brock is beatable, Brock is vulnerable, and whomever goes up against him next, has a chance to beat him, without it being someone like Roman or Seth. Brock is now blown down a couple tiers, to where KO can legit take him on, and people won't be dumbfounded when KO wins.

My big big big issue, is that they spent about an hour hyping this match including preshow. They spent about 3 hours total of RAW time over the last couple months hyping this match, and then spent about 3 minutes on entrances for a 1:20 Main event. I mean, usually you're lie, a 5:1 or 10:1 at most ratio for hyping vs match, not a 1000:1, it's wasting everyone's time.

Me thinks they've been trying to get Bill to come back for 1 match for a decade, and when they finally got him to come back, he had to be the usual Greedy SOB he is, and take the W or he wouldn't do it. (Goldberg never had respect for the business, similar to Brock, another guy who won't follow the "Go out on your back" tradition.)

Another interesting Stat; The last person to pin Goldberg clean in a 1v1 match with no interference, weapons, or gimmick, Was Goldberg at Wrestlemania We're both Quitting.

Last edited by Azane : 11-20-2016 at 09:54 PM.
Old 11-20-2016, 09:58 PM

bjarvis is looking to come up from OCW...bjarvis is looking to come up from OCW...

Wow. I have no idea what to say about this. False advertising? I don't know.

Was this all for a video game? WWE burying the roster and promoting a 4 minute, 5 move 'Mega Match' for a video game?

I'm really getting sick of watching random Lesnar matches. They're random, short, generic but lazy.

Thought Nakamura or Joe deserved this victory far more than Goldberg to put them over. Now that Lesnar's recent streak is over, and in such emphatic fashion, it does make vulnerable.
Old 11-20-2016, 10:04 PM
WCW TV Champion

Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjarvis View Post
Wow. I have no idea what to say about this. False advertising? I don't know.

Was this all for a video game? WWE burying the roster and promoting a 4 minute, 5 move 'Mega Match' for a video game?

I'm really getting sick of watching random Lesnar matches. They're random, short, generic but lazy.

Thought Nakamura or Joe deserved this victory far more than Goldberg to put them over. Now that Lesnar's recent streak is over, and in such emphatic fashion, it does make vulnerable.
Shinsuke Nakamura beating Brock Lesnar is a bad joke.

Funny how all you guys are such hypocrites, praising WWE for having Brock Lesnar squash top stars, but when a top star squashes Brock Lesnar, you all whine like babies.
Old 11-20-2016, 10:05 PM
Why mail cabbage? Seriously! Why?
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...

Doesn't bury anything. The moment was a legit shock to the WWE world. Sure it stains Brock's unbeatable armor that's been built up for the last couple of years but it's nothing that can't be immediately fixed.

If Goldberg's appearance is a one shot here then it was a brilliant move. It gave us that nostalgic, shocking moment to end Survivor Series. Brock can come out on Raw and beat the crap out of everyone for the first 30 minutes until he's fired.

Then rehired by Royal Rumble to start a Wrestlenania feud with _____ _______ and gain some of his beast armor back.
Old 11-20-2016, 10:08 PM

LegendKiller97 is looking to come up from OCW...

That match made absolutely zero sense. Brock not only lost, he got squashed by Goldberg in less than 90 seconds. What a joke.

I would love to hear Vince explain how that made any sense.

1. It doesn't matter that social media and wrestling fans are going crazy talking about it. Sure, it was a big moment. But the buzz created by this is going to last for about 24 hours and than nobody is going to care anymore. And all Vince succeeded in doing was creating some momentary buzz and killing off his beast who hadn't lost in years...

Seeing Brock get pinned cleanly for the first time in years should have been a special moment for somebody. Not Goldberg and his kid. The next time Lesnar loses it's not going to have the same special feel it should have. Someone like Seth Rollins, Kevin Owens, even Roman Reigns could have had a huge moment to capitalize on by being the one to knock Brock off.

How does Goldberg beating him do anything for anyone? It gets WWE some buzz that will quickly die away.

2. Even if this leads to a rematch and Brock wins, you can't undo whats already been done. We all just watched Goldberg manhandle Brock Lesnar and make him look like a little kid going up against a grown man.

So we had to watch a 2+ year long push of Brock Lesnar only to have it end in a 90 second squash match against a washed up guy who can't even wrestle? They knew Goldberg probably couldn't even give them a 10 minute match. So they have him squash Brock Lesnar, a legit badass. Vince insulted not only his locker room but his fan base too.

Unpredictability is awesome. But not when its stupid. James Ellsworth could have beat Brock Lesnar and everyone would be talking about it. But that doesn't make it a good idea longterm. My point being is that just because people are talking about something, doesn't mean its a good idea.

In 24 hours nobody is going to care anymore that Goldberg beat Brock. But we all just watched Brock get beat. Thats the problem.