WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Impact Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 11-10-2016, 08:05 AM
Yemrez Reqonıc
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Default The Latest Conference Call by Dixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestleZone
According to PWInsider.com, TNA Chairman Dixie Carter held a conference call today with talents, during which Carter officially introduced Anthem Media’s Eric Nordholm as a member of the Board of Managers for the company. Carter added the Board will be guiding the company moving forward.

On the newly announced relationship with Anthem Media, Carter reportedly praised the deal, and said Anthem will be injecting the company with capital and resources to help take TNA Wrestling to the next level. Nordholm also praised the deal along with all the TNA talents.

The call also brought up the idea of an over the top network, similar to WWE Network, which would utilize existing TNA content. The company getting back to touring, namely live events, is something the company wants to focus on, in addition to strengthening relationships with Sony Six in India.

Dixie Carter confirmed that both Dave Lagana and Billy Corgan are no longer with TNA, and the current TNA creative team consists of John Gaburick, Matt Conway and Madison Rayne. Carter added TNA is looking to add to the creative team, which she said is returning to a “collaborative effort.”

Overall, the call was described as being a “rah rah” call, since many changes have taken place in TNA since the last conference call.
Full Article:

http://www.inquisitr.com/3697720/tna...tream-service/

So, the most important things are that TNA could do something like WWE Network. Plus, TNA is going to restart touring again.

As mentioned in the article, it would take a bunch of money to start something like WWE Network with TNA. Plus, initial losses are also going to worsen the situation. I don't know if it can be successful or not, but as my low business knowledge says, it won't.

Touring looks like a good option to generate some more revenue.

Plus, there have been some changes in Creative.

Thoughts?
Old 11-10-2016, 08:33 AM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

So a company with no money is going to start something like the Network which cost WWE a fortune to get up and running?

Eh, fuck it. Go for it.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 09:02 AM
I've got more Ho's than Jim Duggan
Million Dollar Champion

Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...

Keeping Gaburick is another brick on the mansion-sized house of bad decisions by TNA.
Old 11-10-2016, 03:21 PM
WWE Women's Champion

johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...

My guess is that Anthem isn't planning a TNA-only streaming service, but that TNA will anchor Fight Network's streaming service, together with all of their other stuff.

http://www.pwinsider.com/

Quote:
Fight Network intends to launch their own streaming channel that will include the TNA library.

"Will there be a Bound For Glory in 2011, post-Hogan?" That is my question about TNA.

January 4, 2010. Welcome to the TNApocalypse.
Old 11-10-2016, 03:26 PM

TooDarkMark is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbragg View Post
My guess is that Anthem isn't planning a TNA-only streaming service, but that TNA will anchor Fight Network's streaming service, together with all of their other stuff.

http://www.pwinsider.com/
That's why Fight Network wants TNA. They have 14 years of content with lots of top stars. The current stuff is just icing on the cake.

You're next Tim Horner.
Old 11-10-2016, 09:01 PM
WWE Women's Champion

johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...

Pondering the math of the Fight Network going to an over-the-top subscription service.

WWE Network at $9.99 a month has around 1.5 million subscribers, for $180M a year.
UFC Fightpass at $9.99 a month has around 400-500,000 subscribers (wikipedia says 450,000 *citation needed*), for $48-60M a year.

New Japan World has 22,000 subscribers at around $10 a month depending on exchange rates, which comes to about $2.5-$3M.

If the Fight Network signs up 25000 subscribers, I think that's a big success. 25000 * 12 months * $10 a month = $3,000,000 a year. Which is a big number for TNA, I don't know that it's a big number for Leonard Asper.

"Will there be a Bound For Glory in 2011, post-Hogan?" That is my question about TNA.

Old 11-10-2016, 11:07 PM
Ooh baby I like it roooaaaaw!
WWF Hardcore Champion

Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...

Maybe I'm missing something, but a company that's constantly in the red shouldn't be thinking of launching their own network. Everything that I just read all sounds like lip service to me. I like the thought of going on tour. But a network? I don't think so.
Old 11-11-2016, 06:09 AM
WWE Women's Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowdown View Post
Maybe I'm missing something, but a company that's constantly in the red shouldn't be thinking of launching their own network. Everything that I just read all sounds like lip service to me. I like the thought of going on tour. But a network? I don't think so.
Again, it's not really that TNA is starting their own network. It's that the parent company of Fight Network is now funding TNA, either to buy them in the medium-term future or to keep them barely in business and providing content. Fight Network are the ones looking to start a WWE Network/UFC FightPass clone with TNA as the cornerstone, but also with some MMA, martial arts and pro wrestling indies they have the rights to.

Which is probably not going to work, but they at least apparently have the money lying around to start something like this up.

By the way, am I the only one who remembers the TNA Vault, which AFAIK let you watch anything in the TNA library online for $3.95 or $4.95 a month?

Was it everything, or was it limited? How searchable was it? Anybody know?

Old 11-12-2016, 08:25 AM

ECPirate37 is looking to come up from OCW...

So my major thought about this is, TNA used to have TNA on Demand, or whatever it was called. I paid the $6.99 or $9.99 or whatever it was a month for that until they stopped doing it. So they do have some experience with this.

If this is part of the Fight Network, and I can watch all of the old TNA stuff again, as well as MMA stuff; that seems like a win. A best of both worlds thing. I could get both wrestling, and MMA in one spot for the $9.99 a month.

Even if it started with just TNA stuff in the beginning I would still sign up.
Old 11-13-2016, 03:09 PM

Tsunaru is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbragg View Post
New Japan World has 22,000 subscribers at around $10 a month depending on exchange rates, which comes to about $2.5-$3M.
This number is super outdated. It was at 22,000 subscribers back in April 2015, just 4 months after it launched, and while exact numbers are currently difficult to pin down, people can check and see how many subscribers there were when they personally subscribed (going into your settings gives you your personal subscriber number), and using that I've seen people posting numbers as high as just under 47,000, and even those numbers were over a year ago (Aug 2015).

In any case, its a nice start for TNA, but there's still a couple issues that are probably going to result in it going down. Carter leaving and Corgan taking control was ultimately the best chance for the companies survival, and now with Corgan gone and Carter still in charge, its likely just a matter of time, which is a shame because its been putting on the most solid product it has for a while since the Hogan/Bischoff regime ruined it.