WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 11-01-2016, 08:27 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default Survivor Series: WWE Intercontinental Championship - The Miz (c) VS Sami Zayn

Dolph Ziggler announced on tonight's episode of SmackDown Live that he's defending the IC title in an open challenge to anyone from Raw. This holds a lot of potential possibilities when you look at the Raw roster. Some of the more obvious choices include Sami Zayn and Rusev while it's also possible to see one of the cruiserweights step up to the challenge as it'd be a bit of an opportunity to showcase one of them. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to actually be Miz with his explanation being that he's fed up with how SmackDown Live is run, his animosity towards Daniel Bryan, etc. so he's "quite" the blue brand and has signed with Raw. I'd hope not because I enjoy seeing Bryan & Miz tear into each other.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 09:16 PM
I Had Sex With The
Knockout Champion

LegendKiller716 is looking to come up from OCW...LegendKiller716 is looking to come up from OCW...LegendKiller716 is looking to come up from OCW...LegendKiller716 is looking to come up from OCW...LegendKiller716 is looking to come up from OCW...

With the whole contract negotiation gimmick they just went through, I highly doubt them saying Miz is switching brands.

If we're gonna stray away from the obvious, I'll say Bubba Ray Dudley. D-Von works in the back now and Bubba, who is technically a Raw superstar, has been teasing a return and singles run.

Also I can see Zayne having a great match with Ziggler and Ziggler winning. Than having Miz use his rematch clause right after and win the belt back.
Old 11-02-2016, 06:11 AM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

But what is the point? He isn't losing so soon after that Miz storyline. Raw isn't getting the belt. It exists so the brands can be 2-2 at the end of the night.
Old 11-02-2016, 06:39 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...

Bully Ray debuts and destroys ziggles for the belt.

It would be a great way for him to turn heel and possibly be fodder for lesnar or Goldberg.

the Five Moves of doom?
Old 11-02-2016, 08:52 AM
K. O. T. R. 2007 Ė Team Undisputed
WWE European Champion

King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Itís happening!! I have a feeling that Roman Reigns will answer the challenge, and defend his United States Championship Title Belt in the match as well. Then they will unify the Intercontinental Championship Title Belt and United States Championship Title Belt to create the United Continental Championship Title Belt. Itíll look exactly like the Universal and World Championship Title Belts, only itíll have white strap, with a red, white and blue background behind the WWE logo on the main plate.

Seriously, what happens if a Raw SuperStar win the Intercontinental Championship Title Belt?? Will the new Intercontinental Champion become a Smackdown SuperStar?? Will Raw have 6 Championship Titles, leaving Smackdown with 3?? Will Roman Reigns turn on Team Raw, move to Smackdown, taking the United States Championship Title Belt with him, thus completing a double switch of the Mid-Card Championship Title Belts??

I don't care if you know!! I don't care if you care!!
Old 11-02-2016, 09:52 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendKiller716 View Post
Also I can see Zayne having a great match with Ziggler and Ziggler winning. Than having Miz use his rematch clause right after and win the belt back.
I think this is the best idea/route. Ziggler and Zayn can have a great match, and Miz can become IC champion again.

Then they can have the final battle between Miz and Ziggler in a ladder match at the TLC ppv.
Old 11-02-2016, 09:58 AM
Friendly Neighborhood
WWE Diva's Champion

@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...

Whoever answers the challenge, Miz should help Dolph retain. He protects the Smackdown brand out of self interest so he can win his title back to some point. This adds one more layer of nuance to their rivalry, as Miz can be on to touted hat Ziggler couldn't get the job done on his own.

Such a scenario beckons for a babyface to answer the call. Sami is a great choice, as the would be a great match, and Zayn would have Toronto behind him. To that point, maybe Bobby Roode would make a great one-night-babyface before reverting to the heel demeanor the next night next Raw.

I hope they keep it a mystery. I don't want to see an opponent chosen for Dolph casually on Raw.

No. No one else misses Rybaxel
Old 11-02-2016, 01:30 PM
Registered Suplex Offender
WWE Diva's Champion

Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...

The interesting thing is that it's an open challenge to anyone from Raw, and not just an open challenge. I think that might kind of disqualify Bubba Ray, as he is technically retired, but you could make the short logic leap.

There's a few possible scenarios here. Either someone wins the title and is moved to Smackdown, someone wins the title and moves to Raw, or Dolph retains. One has to wonder what the point of this match is if Dolph retains, get him and his opponent on the card?

That's why I think new champion is extremely strong here. There are not a lot of active heels on Raw, so you really have to wonder who it is? They could easily make the statement that because the IC title is exclusive to Smackdown, so to is the champion.

The other thing is Dolph would have a rematch clause. So you could have the new champion defend against Ziggler at TLC. That also begs the question as to what the point would be if Ziggler just recaptures.

I'd like to see a big surprise, but this card has these huge fuster cluck matches where basically everyone is going to be announced. Pretty much Sami Zayn and Neville will likely be the biggest names not in matches, and even they stand a chance of being added to the tag match. It seems clear Rollins will be in the five on five, Finn is still hurt, there aren't a lot of people left outside the cruiserweights.

The more I think about it, a returning Bubba Ray debuting the Bully Ray character (he won't likely use that name) seems like it could be a thing. Bubba comes out of retirement still in Dudley boys ring gear, cheats to win and cuts heel promo, joins Smackdown. I like it, otherwise it's so unclear who answers the challenge unless someone pulls double duty.
Old 11-02-2016, 05:39 PM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

I suppose Joe is finishing up with NXT the night before so he could be a contender. But that still requires one to lose, when neither should. Or we get a DQ finish.
Old 11-02-2016, 08:13 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

Kurt Angle's Black Son is looking to come up from OCW...Kurt Angle's Black Son is looking to come up from OCW...Kurt Angle's Black Son is looking to come up from OCW...Kurt Angle's Black Son is looking to come up from OCW...Kurt Angle's Black Son is looking to come up from OCW...Kurt Angle's Black Son is looking to come up from OCW...Kurt Angle's Black Son is looking to come up from OCW...

Sami Zayn? He would be an awesome choice and would make a great Intercontinental Champion. Question is though...If Zayn wins,is he just a transitional champ? Sami is in the middle of an unresolved feud with Braun Strowman. A feud that I highly doubt it over after one match. If Sami wins,he will almost certainly just drop the title to Braun Strowman. In that case,there's not point in taking the strap off Dolph.

Dolph just had his Shawn Michaels Moment with the IC Title. Why take the belt off him to put it on somebody who's deserving...just to make that person drop it to somebody nobody gives two shits about in just a matter of 1-3 months.

Who else is there? Rusev? Would be a pretty dumb choice following his recent loss to Roman Reigns. I could see a Bubba/Bully Ray return as The Dudleys we're technically on the Raw brand before retirement. And Miz costing Dolph the title. Dolph could go to Raw and feud with Bubba/Bully. Raw does need the star power right now.