WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 10-21-2016, 05:41 AM
WZCW Head of Creative
World Heavyweight Champion

Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...
Default Survivor Series - SD versus Raw: Elimination Match

Survivor Series has always been home to the "traditional" 5 on 5 Elimination Match and this year's event will be no different. Smackdown Live laid down the challenge to the flagship show and the match will be made. 5 men will represent their brand against the other to see who will be crowned as the dominant brand.

Personally, I have a lot of love for these kinds of matches, I always have. But this year it seems to be worth a little bit more to the WWE and I am feeling the excitement already. There is a lot of talent on both shows who aren't really doing anything of note and this match could be their way of making it onto the show and into a meaningful feud afterwards. People Baron Corbin, Apollo Crews, Neville, and Sami Zayn are all waiting for something to happen for them. I have no doubt that this is the match that is waiting to happen.

The good thing, at least to me, is that there is no shortage of people who could make this an interesting match. The WWE should build this match as being one of the biggest on the card and give those aforementioned people a little rub for competing. I'm looking forward to it personally.
Old 10-21-2016, 07:12 AM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

It's a bit too soon to be doing the Smackdown vs. Raw thing. They can tell me there's a rivalry there but I'm not feeling it yet.

S.D. get the win because they are perceived as the weaker brand, when from what I've read it's Raw that's struggled with viewership in recent months.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 08:40 AM
Remarkable Mark Keaton
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...

Myself I'm just happy Survivor Series is going back to its roots and actually having more than one Survivor Series type match. This one will probably be the one to watch though. The other two? Meh. They should do what they did back in the 90s with all Survivor matches and proper hype of each team to add importance to each match. Or even the importance felt from the main event a couple of years ago where Sting showed up and helped Ziggler win one of the best elimination matches of Survivor Series lore.

Jericho should gather Canadians and create Team Canada. Y2J, K.O, Sami and Christian vs Team USA John Cena, Ambrose, Rollins, Reigns.

That's the kind of match the WWE should do even though it kind of ignores the draft, but it would have excellent hype and the match would be highly entertaining.

."In 20 years we won't be viewed as -Mailmen- anymore and will be called -Drone Pilots- instead."
Old 10-21-2016, 09:59 AM
I Had Sex With The
Knockout Champion

LegendKiller716 is looking to come up from OCW...LegendKiller716 is looking to come up from OCW...LegendKiller716 is looking to come up from OCW...LegendKiller716 is looking to come up from OCW...LegendKiller716 is looking to come up from OCW...

I'm wondering where they're gonna go with these matches. If they want the best from each show, are we getting Team AJ vs Team Owens? I mean, with Lesnar/Goldberg headlining we don't really need world title matches. How will Reigns and Ziggler factor in? I'm interested to see how the teams take shape. Haven't been this excited about a ppv in a while
Old 10-21-2016, 10:29 AM
K. O. T. R. 2007 – Team Undisputed
Mr. Money in the Bank

King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...

If the Main Event of Survivor Series 2016 isn’t:

Team Raw
Team Captain and The Best In The World At What He Does, Chris Jericho
WWE Universal Champion, Kevin Owens
WWE United States Champion, Roman Reigns
The Number 1 contender for the WWE Universal Championship Title, Seth Rollins
The Number 1 contender for the WWE United States Championship Title, Rusev
with Raw Commissioner, Stephanie McMahon and Raw General Manager, Mick Foley

vs.

Team Smackdown
Team Captain and The Face That Runs The Place, John Cena
WWE World Champion, A.J. Styles
WWE Intercontinental Champion, Dolph Ziggler
The Number 1 contender for the WWE World Championship Title, Dean Ambrose
The Number 1 contender for the WWE Intercontinental Championship Title, The Miz
with Smackdown Commissioner, Shane McMahon and Smackdown General Manager, Daniel Bryan

Then it really isn’t today’s best Reds vs. today’s best Blues

I don't care if you know!! I don't care if you care!!
Old 10-21-2016, 10:37 AM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Patrick Star View Post

Team Raw
Team Captain and The Best In The World At What He Does, Chris Jericho
WWE Universal Champion, Kevin Owens
WWE United States Champion, Roman Reigns
The Number 1 contender for the WWE Universal Championship Title, Seth Rollins
The Number 1 contender for the WWE United States Championship Title, Rusev
with Raw Commissioner, Stephanie McMahon and Raw General Manager, Mick Foley

vs.

Team Smackdown
Team Captain and The Face That Runs The Place, John Cena
WWE World Champion, A.J. Styles
WWE Intercontinental Champion, Dolph Ziggler
The Number 1 contender for the WWE World Championship Title, Dean Ambrose
The Number 1 contender for the WWE Intercontinental Championship Title, The Miz
with Smackdown Commissioner, Shane McMahon and Smackdown General Manager, Daniel Bryan

Yeah, these guys are the today's best but I strongly disagree with the notion of making it happen. Survivor Series is one of the Big 4 & dual brand PPVs and atleast both titles should be defended at this event. It would be a bad decision to make such a match main event the PPV.

Back to the thread, I guess that the midcard champions might be included in this match. Both midcard champions could lead their respective brand teams.
Old 10-21-2016, 11:39 AM
K. O. T. R. 2007 – Team Undisputed
Mr. Money in the Bank

King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinChan™ View Post
Yeah, these guys are the today's best but I strongly disagree with the notion of making it happen. Survivor Series is one of the Big 4 & dual brand PPVs and atleast both titles should be defended at this event. It would be a bad decision to make such a match main event the PPV.

Back to the thread, I guess that the midcard champions might be included in this match. Both midcard champions could lead their respective brand teams.
There are now 19 WWE Pay Per Views in a year, with 14 of them being Brand exclusive. The Survivor Series started out as a PPV featuring only traditional Survivor Series Tag Team Elimination matches. They should go back to that format to make it stand out from the rest. The Championship Title Belts can be defended on the other 18 PPVs as well as on Raw and on Smackdown. It has to be Raw's Best vs. Smackdown's Best. With 3 traditional Survivor Series Tag Team Elimination matches, plus Goldberg vs. Lesnar, I think these 4 matches, plus a Cruiserweight Championship Title match should be enough for this card.

I don't care if you know!! I don't care if you care!!
Old 10-21-2016, 11:51 AM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
There are now 19 WWE Pay Per Views in a year, with 14 of them being Brand exclusive. The Survivor Series started out as a PPV featuring only traditional Survivor Series Tag Team Elimination matches. They should go back to that format to make it stand out from the rest. The Championship Title Belts can be defended on the other 18 PPVs as well as on Raw and on Smackdown. It has to be Raw's Best vs. Smackdown's Best. With 3 traditional Survivor Series Tag Team Elimination matches, plus Goldberg vs. Lesnar, I think these 4 matches, plus a Cruiserweight Championship Title match should be enough for this card.
Survivor Series itself stands out as it includes the matches of both brands. A brand Vs brand can only be done at dual brand PPV like Survivor Series just like Brock Lesnar Vs. Randy Orton took place at Summerslam.

The way you're suggesting is that make it all about Raw Vs. Smackdown. That would be a remake of Bragging Rights. Survivor Series is and should remain different from Bragging Rights.
Old 10-21-2016, 12:52 PM
Friendly Neighborhood
WWE Diva's Champion

@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y 2 Jake View Post
It's a bit too soon to be doing the Smackdown vs. Raw thing. They can tell me there's a rivalry there but I'm not feeling it yet.
I agree. I think this was a built in problem no matter when the draft happened. It will always be to soon. Perhaps the Rumble would have been a good opportunity for the draft, but alas, here we are.

I'm thinking there's one ingredient missing, and that's stakes for the match. No, bragging rights don't cut it. I would like to see the victor of each Survivor Series match earn a draft pick for their respective brand, specific to the division of the match in question. To keep it simple, make champions ineligible for draft, but make a draft pick the prize. Then I will be interested in seeing what team wins, and who they pick.

Quote:

You're roster is accurate, but their hyperbole is far more powerful. No doubt someone like Neville or Darren Young will be occupying Survivor Series real estate.

No. No one else misses Rybaxel
Old 10-21-2016, 01:09 PM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
Million Dollar Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...

Both teams at full potential have the following line ups:

Team RAW: Rollins, Owens, Y2J, Reigns and Rusev
Team SD: Styles, Ambrose, Cena, Miz and Ziggler

Obviously Wyatt and Orton will stay away from that match and will have their own match (Please make it a Parkling Lot Brawl or Boiler Room Brawl).

Those line-ups are perfectly equal. Of course the winner of this one will end up winning the whole SD vs RAW deal. I said in a previous thread: This needs to transition into a Shield vs Club match. Styles, Ambrose, Reigns and Rollins are the final 4. Club comes out. The Club does not care about brand supremancy, they just want to see their boy AJ Styles ending up the winner here. Dean won't stand for a cheap victory, so it's Shield vs Club.
Final two are Rollins and Styles. They have a great exchange. Out comes the Game and pedigrees Rollins, thus costing RAW the war.
This whole deal leads to Steph vs Foley on RAW (It's about damn time for a proper civil war storyline). I know, this is too much Steph and Foley, but RAW, being 3 hours, needs more "extravaganza", more "soap-opera" in order to attrract viewers. Plus this puts Rollins vs HHH to a whole other level and further advances the "Death of the Authority" storyline. First, they lost half the company when Shane took Smackdown. Now it's time to lose the other half.

Also, this being Canada, Y2J and Owens will probably be the leaders. Survivor Series will be the final nail in the coffin. Something will happen that will enhance the break-up.