WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Non-Wrestling Non Spam Sections > The Sports Arena
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 11-04-2016, 10:09 PM
The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
WWE Champion

It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...

On a somewhat related note, I'm writing for a Rangers blog a long-time friend of mine just launched. If anyone is interested in it, I've got three pieces up right now. One on Why the Rangers were wrong to bridge J.T. Miller, one on how Jimmy Vesey is a great example of the Rangers mitigating selling the farm in draft picks by signing NCAA free agents, and one on how Brandon Pirri is one of the best bang-for-buck players in the NHL this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 03:58 AM
ECW TV Champion

OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...

Max Domi showing hints of following in his dad's footsteps last night. Nasty uppercut dropped Kesler and legitimately seemed to knock him silly for a bit.

Surprised they let him back in the game to be honest. He seemed to be trying to tackle the ref after the fight which is a clear sign that he was unaware of the situation, and was probably knocked cold for at least a couple seconds.

Old 11-05-2016, 07:15 PM
The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
WWE Champion

It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...

I dunno if I'd go that far, but he can handle himself. That's for sure. Dad probably taught him to defend himself well from a young age. But don't expect this to become a regular thing for him. He has nine fights in his entire professional career between the NHL and OHL to date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
Old 11-06-2016, 02:09 PM
Remarkable Mark Keaton
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...

I skip ONE Leaf game and Sedin gets hammered by Kadri, there's fights left and right and the Leafs win 6-3.

RMK
Old 11-06-2016, 02:22 PM
Remarkable Mark Keaton
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...

Should Kadri get three games for that hit on Sedin? That's about as borderline as your going to get. It was a blindside hit, Sedins head did get hit after his shoulder, no injury on the hit and his helmet flew off. Watching the video from ice level, it looks nasty and I'd be furious if I was Sedins teammate. But in super slow motion, his shoulder gets hit first to show it was a legal hit even though it was a blindside one.

RMK
Old 11-07-2016, 02:16 AM
ECW TV Champion

OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Deliverer of Mail View Post
Should Kadri get three games for that hit on Sedin? That's about as borderline as your going to get. It was a blindside hit, Sedins head did get hit after his shoulder, no injury on the hit and his helmet flew off. Watching the video from ice level, it looks nasty and I'd be furious if I was Sedins teammate. But in super slow motion, his shoulder gets hit first to show it was a legal hit even though it was a blindside one.
In my view, 3 games might even be too much. I was watching Sportsnet and some plug analyst said he thinks it should be upwards of 10 games. Seriously, this is what the league has come to... suggesting 10 game suspensions for a borderline dirty hit. Here are the facts as I see them:

1. The puck had just barely left Sedin's stick when Kadri hit him. It wasn't a late hit.
2. Sedin was alone near the net. Kadri was obviously trying to prevent a goal, there was little maliciousness involved.
3. The initial point of contact was the shoulder, not the head. Sedin only had to leave the rink originally because he hit his head on the ice.
4. A still-frame at the point of contact shows that Kadri didn't leave his feet on the hit as some were claiming.
5. It was a blindside hit that Sedin probably wasn't expecting with the score at 5-2, but blindside hits are not illegal.
6. Kadri has been known to be involved in this type of situation throughout his career and has prior suspensions.

All things considered, yeah it's a dirty hit, but it's not a suspendable infraction. There is a difference. If Kadri were to get anything, it would likely be because of his prior offenses.
Old 11-08-2016, 02:14 AM
ROH Pure Champion

shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...

So is it safe to say the Oilers are finally for real? The team probably is still a D-Man or two short of being a serious cup contender but the team hasn't fallen off a cliff yet.

Oh yeah and Kadri should get suspended, I've seen people get suspended doing less than what Kadri did.
Old 11-08-2016, 03:54 AM
ECW TV Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter_mcgavin View Post
So is it safe to say the Oilers are finally for real? The team probably is still a D-Man or two short of being a serious cup contender but the team hasn't fallen off a cliff yet.
I think they'll hit a patch eventually, every team in their position does. How they weather the storm will ultimately determine if they finish as a high seed in the West or if they're battling for a playoff spot come the end of the year. I think the Yakupov, and especially the Hall trade made them a marginally better team than last year. Adam Larsson is a stud defenseman and brings stability to a D squad that has desperately been needing it. The fact that Lucic is playing some really good hockey doesn't hurt either. If McDavid can keep putting up these numbers, Edmonton will almost definitely be in the playoffs this year. They have a really good core group now that they can build into legitimate Cup contenders over the next few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter_mcgavin View Post
Oh yeah and Kadri should get suspended, I've seen people get suspended doing less than what Kadri did.
Can I just ask why though? Serious question. I've heard this a lot from people who don't like Kadri but it doesn't answer the question of what exactly Kadri did that constituted a suspendable offence. Like I said, a blindsite hit is not constituted as illegal.

I think there comes a point when you have to draw the line between a dirty hit and a suspendable hit. It seems like every crushing, border-line hit nowadays has people calling for a suspension and it really takes away from the game in my opinion. 10 years or so ago, about 50% of the hits in open ice would have been suspendable today. Might as well just outlaw open-ice hits altogether.
Old 11-08-2016, 11:27 PM
Sing about me, I'm dying of thirst
ECW TV Champion

Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Rainbow Yaz

Wayne Simmonds killed a guy tonight. One punch was all it took. Maybe the best thing to happen all day.
Old 11-10-2016, 11:47 AM
Remarkable Mark Keaton
Million Dollar Champion

Neil vs Bass was a pretty good scrap. There's something I hate about Neil, I don't know what it is. Maybe it's his -I'm gonna cry or complain- type of face.

RMK