WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Non-Wrestling Non Spam Sections > The Sports Arena
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 10-17-2016, 07:24 PM
Remarkable Mark Keaton
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...
Default The NHL Thread

I don't think there's any threads talking about the fastest, greatest sport on the planet.....hockey. Why? Too many Football and Basketball fans in WZ I think.

I'm a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs, always have been and always will be. Born in Toronto and moved away when I was 12.

Anyway, The Edmonton Oilers now have the nicest looking arena in hockey. The outside of Rogers Place looks like a spaceship, the inside is modern with the leagues most expensive, massive scoreboard in the world. If that thing ever broke loose and fell it would bend Edmonton in half.

Keep your head up and your stick on the ice!

RMK
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 08:49 PM
The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
WWE Champion

It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...

I've actually run seasonal NHL threads a few years now, but didn't get to it this year. Forgot. There are a handful of fans here who watch the NHL, but not as many as you'd think, and this thread does tend to stagnate throughout the season.

Should be a fun season, though! Let's get the hockey talk going, boys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
Old 10-18-2016, 04:53 PM
Remarkable Mark Keaton
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...

Already some decent fights in this early season. Here's one of them.....Tom vs Tom.

RMK

Last edited by Jeff Deliverer of Mail : 10-18-2016 at 04:57 PM.
Old 10-19-2016, 06:33 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

nwocongo worked a dark match on ECW recently...nwocongo worked a dark match on ECW recently...nwocongo worked a dark match on ECW recently...nwocongo worked a dark match on ECW recently...nwocongo worked a dark match on ECW recently...nwocongo worked a dark match on ECW recently...nwocongo worked a dark match on ECW recently...nwocongo worked a dark match on ECW recently...nwocongo worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Deliverer of Mail View Post
Already some decent fights in this early season. Here's one of them.....Tom vs Tom.

Has Scott Hartnell had his teeth knocked out yet? I honestly don't start watching much hockey until after the NCAA tournament. I always enjoy the playoffs but it's hard for me to get invested in hockey before baseball is over, every season I try to pay more attention. Go Blackhawks
Old 10-19-2016, 10:54 PM
Remarkable Mark Keaton
Million Dollar Champion

Jets make another dramatic comeback and beat The Leafs 5-4 in O.T.

Mathew's vs Laine, Laine the number 2 draft pick, completely outshines everyone capping his hat trick in O.T to down Toronto.

Leafs were up 4-0. Ugh.

To top it off, Mathew's was denied on a breakaway right before it swung the other way for a 2 on 1.

3 on 3 Overtime can't be denied for excitement.

RMK

Last edited by Jeff Deliverer of Mail : 10-19-2016 at 11:00 PM.
Old 10-20-2016, 12:41 AM
Sing about me, I'm dying of thirst
ECW TV Champion

Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Rainbow Yaz

The Avs have looked decent so far, so that makes me happy. PK unit is shit though. Orlov maybe went low on Duchene, but damn it was a sexy looking hit. Ain't even mad.
Old 10-20-2016, 04:53 PM
The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
WWE Champion

It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...

Well, the Avs swapped arguably the second worst coach for one who actually understands and embraces the aspects of the NHL that produce success today — speed and skill. Two things they didn't lack, but were effectively coached against using. I'm not even an Avs fan, and I won't miss Patrick Roy one bit. Good riddance. Next up in line to have their heads lopped off in this respect for violating the same or similar priorities — John Tortorella and Randy Carlyle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
Old 10-20-2016, 05:16 PM
Sing about me, I'm dying of thirst
ECW TV Champion

Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Rainbow Yaz

Roy looked like a good hire after the first season, even though he shit the bed in the playoffs. Completely failed to adapt though. Was also kind of a dick...okay a lot of a dick. Should have never given a first time NHL head coach full control like they did.

Speaking of dicks, Tortorella likely won't last long in Columbus. They aren't good and Torts style of player management isn't going to go well on a developing team. Plus after the disappointing World Cup run for Team USA and the whole national anthem thing, I'm not his biggest fan so I hope he gets the axe sooner rather than later.
Old 10-21-2016, 01:40 PM
Remarkable Mark Keaton
Million Dollar Champion

I've never seen this. It might be old but I'm putting it here to watch it later.

Edit: Ya, it's old. Oh well.

RMK

Last edited by Jeff Deliverer of Mail : 10-21-2016 at 01:43 PM.
Old 10-23-2016, 04:20 AM
Remarkable Mark Keaton
Million Dollar Champion

It's crazy how much The NHL is small potatoes compared to the filthy rich NFL.

NHL Value APROX Team by team

New York Rangers: $1.2 billion
Montreal Canadians: $1.18 billion
Toronto Maple Leafs: $1.15 billion
Chicago Blackhawks: $925 million
Boston Bruins: $750 million
Vancouver Canucks: $745 million
Philadelphia Flyers: $660 million
Detroit Red Wings: $600 million
Los Angeles Kings: $580 million
Washington Capitals: $565 million
Pittsburgh Penguins: $560 million
Edmonton Oilers: $455 million
Dallas Stars: $450 million
San Jose Sharks: $445 million
Calgary Flames: $435 million
Anaheim Ducks: $400 million
Minnesota Wild: $380 million
Ottawa Senators: $370 million
Colorado Avalanche: $360 million
Winnipeg Jets: $350 million
New Jersey Devils: $330 million
New York Islanders: $325 million
Buffalo Sabres: $300 million
St. Louis Blues: $270 million
Tampa Bay Lightning: $260 million
Nashville Predators: $255 million
Columbus Blue Jackets: $226 million
Carolina Hurricanes: $225 million
Arizona Coyotes: $220 million
Florida Panthers: $186 million

The NFL Team by team

The Dallas Cowboys have not been to the Super Bowl in 21 years, but their league-leading revenue ($700 million) and operating income ($300 million) make them the NFL’s most valuable team ($4.2 billion) for the tenth consecutive year. The New England Patriots ($3.4 billion), New York Giants ($3.1 billion) San Francisco 49ers ($3.0 billion) and Washington Redskins ($2.95 billion) round out the NFL’s top five most valuable teams. The commonality among the NFL’s most valuable teams is their presence in large markets and their stadiums, which provide them with more premium seating and sponsorship revenue than other teams generate.

The average NFL team is worth $2.34 billion dollars.

In comparison, The Florida Panthers couldn't afford to pay two player salaries of The Dallas Cowboys and pay their electric bill at the same time.

JUST The Dallas Cowboys and New England Patriots are as valuable as 17 or 18 NHL Teams combined (lesser valued teams).

RMK

Last edited by Jeff Deliverer of Mail : 10-23-2016 at 04:43 AM.